Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 12:47   #46
BHPian

Can you provide more info on ownership report? It will help us to understand it better.
Old 4th February 2010, 16:06   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Nice car.
What 150 Million INR, 3 Million USD for servicing.
U kidding....
Sorry, it was typo. It was RS.1,50,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkanitkar View Post
Can you provide more info on ownership report? It will help us to understand it better.
Well just a week or two after the annual servicing, the car starting giving a warning that said "Engine Fail" and would slow down. We took it back up to the garage only to find out that there was some problem with the connection from the Accelator pad to the engine. We had to replace the accelerator pad which again costed RS.48,000.

My dad really wants to sell the car now since the costs are going up day by day, and we can't even keep it because if we buy another car due to lack of parking spaces available in the building.

What more information would you like me to provide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
Thats an awesome Car to own, Just for leaping Jaguar!!

Is that a typo again? Were you refering to Rs. 1,50,000?

My Goodness. Never knew that you need to pay that much for just parking!!
Sorry, it was typo. It was RS.1,50,000. Yah I sure am proud to own such a ride, even today the car spins heads on the roads!

Yah the carparks are crazy expensive here. Otherwise we would have 2 cars now and 3 cars next year when I'd become legal! The second-hand car market here is to die for! Amazing bargains for all sorts of vehicles...

Last edited by krazyking : 4th February 2010 at 16:08.
Old 16th June 2010, 18:12   #48
BHPian

The S Type was designed by the late Geoff Lawson, and was based on the Jaguar DEW/Ford DEW platform. The lifeline of the SType was 1998 till 2008, when it was withdrawn for the introduction of the XF.

The S Type was possibly planned to be in the same segment as the 5 Series and the E Class.
From 1998 till 2002 the leaping jaguar mascot was placed above the radiator grille and had the U shaped gear console ( see the pics posted by krazyking above). After 2002, the mascot was kept inside the grille and the U shaped console was discontinued for a more traditional design.

The 3.0 litre V6 engine had the following :

The AJ30 is a 3.0 L (2967 cc) version and is the most common. It has an 89 mm (3.5 in) bore and shares the 2.5's 79.5 mm (3.1 in) stroke. In the X-Type, it produces 231 hp (172 kW; 234 PS) and 209 lb·ft (283 N·m).
This engine is used in the following vehicles:
  • 2000–2009 S Type- 240 hp (179 kW; 243 PS) and 216 lb·ft (293 N·m)
The transmission was :

From model years 1999 to 2002, the S-Type rear-wheel-drive was equipped with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed J-Gate Ford 5R55N transmission. From 2003, the S-Type was produced with either a 5-speed or a 6-speed J-Gate transmission that allows gear selection or clutchless manual gear selection.

Regards

Last edited by issigonis : 16th June 2010 at 18:14.
Old 30th March 2012, 01:21   #49
BHPian

Re: Jaguar S-Type - Amazing

Sorry I haven't been on TBHP in a while. Been really caught up with work/school and have been spending more time on E90post.com with my new acquisition

As for this thread.. It's sad to say but the cat is no longer with us. It started falling apart - the window motors were screwed up, AC unit was bust, roof carpeting was falling off, etc. We would've kept it but it's just too much to take care of. And the fact that we only have 1 parking spot at our residence so we had to do a swap out. She left us in January.

I will always cherish the memories with this beast. 10 beautiful years. You taught me how to drive and took care of me with your beautiful suspensions. You will dearly be missed..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks