Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi Amogh,

Indeed you have well maintained your car. SKODA Laura is a great car.
i have heard from couple of owners that it is better than 28L merc in terms of performance, reliability and equipment.

From your writing you does not appear to be an amature, only thing is that you have not used techie terms like "rev up" or "underpowered", or shortforms etc.

For me what matters in such a review is

1. Is the owner happy and proud to own his car
2. what is the total cost of owning the car
3. What all he has done to maintain his car
4. his experience of after sales service

etc. I think, you have provided answers to all these questions

Great review. All the best for your new Innova, again it is a great choice.

One question: your car appears to be registered in Navi Mumbai, you seems to be living in Pune, did you move to pune after your purchased the car ? How was you experience of Servcie in Mumbai/Navimumbai

Last edited by StarVegabond : 2nd July 2009 at 15:53.
Old 2nd July 2009, 17:32   #17
BHPian

Amogh, can you share the service centres name? I have relocated to Pune and am looking for a reliable one. Thanks.
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Hi Amogh,

One question: your car appears to be registered in Navi Mumbai, you seems to be living in Pune, did you move to pune after your purchased the car ? How was you experience of Servcie in Mumbai/Navimumbai
thanks for the kind words !! I really appreciate it

Yes, the car is registered in Navi Mumbai because we had a Navi Mumbai address. The car has been in Pune since it has been bought. But it has made several hundred trips to Mumbai.

Unfortunately, we never got the car serviced in Navi Mumbai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Amogh, can you share the service centres name? I have relocated to Pune and am looking for a reliable one. Thanks.
Hello Bomi !! We serviced the car at Asset Auto and Acumen Motors. But a couple of months back Skoda publicly declared that Acumen is no longer an authorised service centre.

I suggest you check out Europa Motors at Wakad. I have heard some good reviews about them. Personally, I have never got my car serviced there, so don't really know. It is owned by Kapil Pashankar. Pashankar family has been in the auto service for many years in Pune. They also have a GM dealership in Pune, and their service is rated pretty high. So I don't see any reason why they should not give the same quality of service for Skoda Customers. I would recommend you go to Europa Motors first before trying Asset Auto.

Here are the contact details of Europa Motors

Europa Auto ( A Company owned by Pashankar Automotive Pvt. Ltd. )
Showroom & Works Address
Survey No. 131, Dehu Road Bypass, Wakad, Pune - 411 057
Board Number 020-66750000
Fax Number 020-66750075
Email ID atul@pashankarauto.com
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I know I m playing the devil here, but I would still suggest you think of the Laura or the New Superb which has gotten so many accolades from the automotive fraternity the world over for before you sign the dotted line for your next car...
I, in all frankness, believe that Skoda has been and still is a very successful brand in India but as long as you know a good service setup (which you do already), things should be smooth.
All the best...
Unfortunately, we already have gone for the New Innova. Frankly speaking, I love the new Laura and the new Superb. But we just got bored of Sedans.

So my dad went for an Innova and I went for the Punto :-)
Old 6th July 2009, 13:46   #20
BHPian

Thanks Amogh. Will try out Europa during my next service.
Old 6th July 2009, 14:09   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Amogh,

So during 90,000KM/5 years ownership, no timing belt change/no suspension work?
That's strange!
Old 12th August 2009, 15:56   #22
BHPian

Update : 25.64 km/lit FE for 150 km running

It has been a long time since I updated this thread.
Since we have got the new Innova the Octy has taken a back seat and we don't use her as much as we did (The love for her still remains the same though)
The Octy recently had its routine servicing and I thought it was a good time to take her for a highway drive. So I took her for a drive today that totalled 154 kms (18 km city + 46 km village + 90 km highway)
And boy !! She continues to amaze me by her immaculate handling, superb ride quality and unbeatable fuel efficiency. For the 154 km drive today she returned a fuel efficiency of 25.64 km/lit (3.9 lit / 100 km .. Onboard display pics attached)
Even after 91,500 kms there are no minor niggles, annoying squeaks and irritating rattling sounds anywhere in the car. It just feels like new. Hats off to the build quality.
The village road I took today was by no means a "good" road. It was pretty bumpy and had quite a few small (but annoying) potholes. But the Octy gobbled up the bumps and potholes so easily. I was passing Sumo's, Indigo's, Indica's and Mahindra Pick ups without inducing any stress on the car. I could easily keep a speed of 60 km/hr on those roads and at times touched 80
Highway ride as usual was superb. I think all of us know about the Octy's stability on highways and I need not elaborate more.
It is just appalling to see the way Skoda has mishandled this wonderful product. If someone writes a business case about "How manufacturers can mess up good products" : I am sure Skoda India would be one of the top contenders for the case.
@anandpadhye : No major suspension work yet (and looking at the way the suspensions behaved today on rough roads .. I don't see any need to do any major work on the suspensions in the near future ) . Timing belt was changed at 75k running service.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI L&K Review : 90,000 kms done-skoda-trip-running.jpg  

Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI L&K Review : 90,000 kms done-skoda-trip-fe.jpg  

Old 12th August 2009, 16:20   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Even after 91,500 kms there are no minor niggles, annoying squeaks and irritating rattling sounds anywhere in the car. It just feels like new. Hats off to the build quality.

Highway ride as usual was superb.
That is what I call build quality, Kudos to Skoda Auto..this car was always a gem.
Old 12th August 2009, 16:28   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post

Highway ride as usual was superb.
That is what I call build quality, Kudos to Skoda Auto..this car was always a gem.
Old 19th August 2009, 10:33   #25
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep the Octavia TDI was a gem of a car, even today if they could revamp the car a bit in terms of power (without PD engine - possibly with a REmap) and continue to position below the laura for todays times it could do even better as it is very reliable.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:35   #26
BHPian

Update:

Recently the car developed a "khat khat" noise in the front left wheel. Car was taken to Europa auto and the diagnosis was that two tie rods need to be replaced. After 100k of running, I thought that is fair enough.

Now for the "not so good" part. Each tie rod costs 10k. So 20k for two tie rods + labour costs.

Any suggestions / alternatives ?
Old 12th December 2009, 18:26   #27
Team-BHP Support

Just saw this thread now. I have been a Skoda fan, but the recent unleash of "Laura Terror" has held me back. Still I am waiting for the Yeti to see how it performs. If they price it right, it should hold well against the SUV biggies.

I noticed that you don't drive over 100 and maintain your RPM from 2500-3000. Ditto for me. I dont do over 100 also. Even if the highway shows me a visibility of more than km ! Really adds to the FE.

Great going.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:07   #28

second hand buy skoda octavia 150000 kms

want to see if i can purchase skoda octavia 1.9 tdi 150000 km , well maitained( known to me). recently changed parts worth 90,000 last. servicing. price quoted 3.5 lacs. otherwise car in good shape and condition. what are expected problems. mechanical wise. car seen and told to be good by skoda service mech. pls help me.
Old 16th January 2010, 19:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischalreddy View Post
want to see if i can purchase skoda octavia 1.9 tdi 150000 km , well maitained( known to me). recently changed parts worth 90,000 last. servicing. price quoted 3.5 lacs. otherwise car in good shape and condition. what are expected problems. mechanical wise. car seen and told to be good by skoda service mech. pls help me.
Doesn't matter which manufacturer it is I wouldn't buy a 150k Km done car however well its been maintained and if even if someone gave me free. The point over here is you would need to spend a bomb very soon at that age of an car which would negate all the logic of buying a cheap sedan. I would say stay away from it.

@amogh: That is definitely one hell of a car but as you have said already, the Skoda India has really screwed up the After Sales. UK/Europe Octy's do duty on taxi circuit because of their very low maintainence.
Old 17th January 2010, 10:31   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Amogh,

What happened with the Tie rod issue?
Did you pay 20K and got it changed?
Any details?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks