Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2009, 17:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Well, i get an FE of around 12.5 with 100% ac and 15+ with no ac on my 1.1 Era (in Delhi). And I thought Kappa was more fuel efficient!!
Kappa was supposed to be as fuel efficient if not more compared to 1.1. Now we know the real time figures.
Old 24th June 2009, 17:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey thats an honest review NFS! 14K kms on an i10 kappa and already ready to switch over ? Hmm..Hasty decision one might say. a days in the small car domain.
Old 24th June 2009, 18:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Does the FE improve after 1st service? My i10 Kappa Sportz is due her 1st service this week. Till now I have done about 2000KM and have gotten between 12-13 KMPL (totally city driving - city is Noida so mostly in 4th and 5th gear, AC ON 100% of the time, speeds between 40-60 KMPH mostly)
Pretty decent review, by the way.
Old 24th June 2009, 18:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Did they also add any additive? How will the oil flush help? what about the air filter, was it cleaned?
No additives added, IMHO, flush would help for engines which have run over 20,000 or the ones which are shifting from mineral oil to synthetic oil. I am in neither category. Flush is just a money spinner for them.

The air filter was inspected and found to be good after regular cleaning. It does say I/R in the 3rd service slip.
Old 25th June 2009, 10:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Hey thats an honest review NFS! 14K kms on an i10 kappa and already ready to switch over ? Hmm..Hasty decision one might say. a days in the small car domain.
Its not that i want to switch over, its just that i feel these cars are not good for long distance highway driving. But am in no tearing hurry to change the car
Old 25th June 2009, 10:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
No additives added, IMHO, flush would help for engines which have run over 20,000 or the ones which are shifting from mineral oil to synthetic oil. I am in neither category. Flush is just a money spinner for them.

The air filter was inspected and found to be good after regular cleaning. It does say I/R in the 3rd service slip.
How many kms have you done so far? When i ha given the car for 2nd service they had added the additive without my knowledge, hence asking.
Old 29th June 2009, 15:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
How many kms have you done so far? When i ha given the car for 2nd service they had added the additive without my knowledge, hence asking.
I have done 9300 in my car. IMHO, we should not pay for things which are not mentioned to us when we leave the car for service.
Old 30th June 2009, 17:22   #23
BHPian

Ok, so your car is due for second service shortly? Are you running on stocks?
Old 30th June 2009, 19:15   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so your car is due for second service shortly? Are you running on stocks?
Even though my running has been less, the clock is still clicking. Completed 1 year on June 24th, third service is on/before 1 year, if I am not wrong.

I am running stock, hate them to the core. Vitamin M deficiency or else would change
Old 1st July 2009, 10:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Honest review NFS.
Hope you seems to be ripping the car in city or change you driving style(avoid frequent gear shifts & clutch),thus your mileage suffers.
I've been regularly using i10(Not kappa)in b'lore city,which severs me not less than 13-14kmpl.

AC is more chilling in i10,yes at time it make you underpower while pulling in lower gears in peak traffic,but much better when compared to Alto

I had met with an major accident,i10 sucks when you cross 100.
kindly stay away from redlining.

lets meets if possible.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 1st July 2009 at 10:41.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:52   #26
BHPian

I would be more than happy to catch up with you folks running i10 in Bangalore. That way we can compare and contrast the cars and see who has what.
Old 2nd July 2009, 16:07   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I would be more than happy to catch up with you folks running i10 in Bangalore. That way we can compare and contrast the cars and see who has what.
Me too!!
(My daily route is on the outer ring road,the stretch between Bellandur and Akme Ballet(neat Jalsa) after marathahalli)

We can all compare our ride qualities, driving styles and mileages.

Like last time, i changed pver from IOC normal petrol to HP Power. The car runs much more smoothly now and felt that engine noise has reduce. Has anyone else tried this?? There seems to be a slight improvement in mileage.
Will update you all soon on this.
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:16   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Like last time, i changed pver from IOC normal petrol to HP Power. The car runs much more smoothly now and felt that engine noise has reduce. Has anyone else tried this?? There seems to be a slight improvement in mileage.
Will update you all soon on this.
I have been regularly using HP normal and am happy with it. Have also used IOC just a couple of times and hence could not make out any difference.

With the rise in petrol prices, using HP power or IOC premium is ruled out .

FYI - I have just completed 16,000 kms . Also a pic of my car with the alloys for you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
14000+ kms on i10 Sportz Kappa...!-picture-006.jpg  

14000+ kms on i10 Sportz Kappa...!-picture-010.jpg  

Old 13th August 2009, 15:02   #29
BHPian

Mods - Request you to update the thread title to "i10 Kappa Long Term Report, 18,000 kms"

Guys - I completed 18,000 kms day before yesterday and my car was due for 3rd free service and 1 year is up anyways. Go the car serviced yesterday from advaith ORR centre and given below are the details.

1. Engine Oil change Change - Servo 3.6L 15w40 - Rs. 688

The service advisor did not know the quantity to be put for the Kappa engine. He was mentioning 3.1L based on the 1.1 Engine. I had to correct him here quoting the manual. In the last 3 services, I have not come across a good service advisor who is knowledgeable. They are all surprised at the information I have on the car , thanks to Team BHP.

2. Filter Air Cleaner Replaced - Rs. 164. The air cleaner was really dirty and I insisted on replacing this. Will post a pic soon on this.

3. Engine Filter Assy Replaced - Rs. 69

4. Consumables - Rs. 100

5. Emission Certification - Rs. 60, valid for 6 months only.

Total including VAT and Service tax - Rs. 1213.

Washing was OK, nothing great to write home about. Could not get the wheel alignment and rotation done as they do not have the equipment to align Alloy wheels. Planning to go to Vijay wheel alignment. The ECU was reset. There was a rattle noise at low speeds and on bad roads on the front left side. This was diagnosed to loose suspension strut which was tightened and now its gone.

I gave for service at 11 PM and the car was returned at 6PM. I had a test drive along with the service advisor to make sure all was ok and it was.

There is a definite whoosh in the car now and it pulls greatly even from low speeds. This is a major improvement after the service and it had been a long time since I had experienced something like this. The engine is super smooth as always.

Am hoping that the mileage improves now. More on it soon.

Thanks.
Old 19th October 2009, 22:43   #30
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Looking at i-10 1.1 or 1.2-some advise

Hi Folks
I have been viewing posts for a while and this is the first one am posting myself. I am in the classic dilemma of which hatch to buy and have almost made up my mind to buy the i-10 basically because of the interiors, gear shift and have been a hyundai customer for close to 8 years.
I have a couple of things to ask/seek advise from owners/experts
1. The i-10 seems to have small tyres, what is the suggested upgrade and how much would it cost?
2. I guess the 1.1 is a more fuel efficient engine and since i will be using it for city driving 90% is it advisable to go for the 1.2? The cost difference is about 14K for me in Bangalore between magna 1.1 and 1.2. What is the disadvantage if any in the 1.1 engine
Will appreciate any inputs from owners and experts on this, sorry if this is explained in detail in any thread, if so please direct me as i could not locate it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks