Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 09:28   #16
BANNED

Hi Somu,

I liked your seat covers and this was the kind of thing i was looking for. How is the covers doing now after the several month of usage. can you give your inputs.

Also the Curtains. Can you tell me the makes? or any reference number/ website address please.
Old 20th November 2009, 09:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Dude the number of items you have put in this car is amazing and the Alloy wheels are great to look at.
Old 20th November 2009, 13:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Very well maintained car. Love the Rear electric curtain & Side curtains for 4 doors
which roll up and down with the windows.

Good pics as well.
Old 20th November 2009, 13:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice car dude. Even I have an Accent of the sme period. Will upload pics by this weekend.

I also have the same colour. Not added too much as of now, just seat covers and a new set of alloys, which I added last week.

I have only covered around 13 K on the odo as of now and my tires are fairly new, hence I did not upgrade the wheel size and got 13inch Neo Rims.

By the way, even I get around 12-14 in the city and around 16-18 on highway. This was checked and confirmed twice. So Accents also give good mileage, depends on how it is driven
Old 20th November 2009, 13:57   #20
BHPian

congrats

nice car somu.

when i first sat at the driver's seat of accent i was amazed with the amount of visibility it has.

i have not noticed many accent who have scratches on their body, most of them are pretty clean.

its a great city car.

wishing you many more motoring miles.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

HI somu,
very nicely maintained Accent there. You have put lots of bells and whistles in your car and it does give it a distinct look. I liked the alloys and the ORVM that you have put. Great going.
Accent probably is the most trouuble free car in it's category. I have driven my friends GLE and it was a good ride.
Congrats for the car and put up more snaps once you are done with all the installations
Old 20th November 2009, 15:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somu2009 View Post
Hello All

I have two cars and had already started a thread for the first one
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...pse-gt-v6.html

So now I am starting this thread to introduce my 10 month old car. It's a 2008 August model Hyundai Accent. Purchased it after selling my 2003 Palio 1.2 Sports. It has done 23,500 Kms so far and has been a reliable performer so far. I have installed a lot of accessories in the car, so thought I should start a thread so as to share the information with fellow members.

Lot of accessories in the car like cabin lights, instrumentation white lights, HID headlights, etc. need night time pictures so will upload them soon. In the mean time here are some daytime pictures of the car. Sorry about the poor quality as these are from my cell phone camera. Right now I am in the process of getting the instrument panel light and HVAC controls lights changed to white. Its still not complete so will upload the pics as soon as they are done. I have also purchased a Hood Liner so as to reduce engine noise filtering into cabin. But that also hasn't been installed. Will probably get it done by tomorrow.

7. Rear electric curtain
8. Side curtains for 4 doors along which roll up and down with the windows

a great car maintained really well: subtle and really useful, class upgrades there.
can you please give more info. about the curtains you have on the windows. how much did it cost? is it available for other cars?

cheers,
som
Old 20th November 2009, 16:29   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Hi Somu,

I liked your seat covers and this was the kind of thing i was looking for. How is the covers doing now after the several month of usage. can you give your inputs.

Also the Curtains. Can you tell me the makes? or any reference number/ website address please.
Hey Wildon, Yes the seat covers are still as good as new even after 33,000 kms. About the accessories please read the 1st page of this thread, it has all the details of the shop from where I got all my accessories installed.

But honestly if you ask me then I wouldn't recommend these curtains to anyone unless they come as OEM equipment. Because no matter how well installed, they are prone to rattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
Dude the number of items you have put in this car is amazing and the Alloy wheels are great to look at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Very well maintained car. Love the Rear electric curtain & Side curtains for 4 doors
which roll up and down with the windows.

Good pics as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb10gagan View Post
nice car somu.

wishing you many more motoring miles.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by somspaple View Post
can you please give more info. about the curtains you have on the windows. how much did it cost? is it available for other cars?

cheers,
som
All the info in on the first page of this thread, but honestly I would say again like I told wildon as well, that don't get the curtains. They are quite prone to rattles. I have finally removed all the curtains from the car.
Old 24th November 2009, 19:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi Buddy

If you dont mind, can you post individual prices of all the items you have mentioned in your first post on this thread. Would be really helpful as I also have an Accent and am planning to instal most of these
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:54   #25
BHPian

The alloys really look very good. I also have a March 2008 Accent GLE but did not ugrade to alloys.
Old 3rd December 2009, 22:21   #26
BHPian

great job great taste and great patience. if u have a car u should love it like that. i just love the sun blind on the rear glass and the doors they are very great and i always wanted to do similary on my car but didnt know if they were available as after market fitments. thanks a lot for the information and the images. one thing i am feeling sad about is that i live in a remote town in karnataka and i cant do that now on my i20 crdi.
Old 17th December 2009, 13:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somu2009 View Post
Hi Guys,

I got alloy wheels and 14" tires on my accent yesterday. After this I am going to get front and rear strut bars, better brakes, and cold air intake by K&N. Hopefully will get everything done within this month. Here are some of the pics of the new tires and the alloys.
Sumo, your car looks fabulous.
What was the cost of upsizing to 185/65 R14 Michelin? Would you recommend an ab initio upsize on a new Accent Executive if looks and GC were the objectives?
Is there any significant difference in handling, ride and FE since the upsize?
I plan to buy an Accent Executive as my running is not going to be more than 500/month with breaks of total inactivity of one to two months at a time. I plan to own it for at least the next 10 years. I own a 1999 M800 which has done just under 40K Kms.
The Linea is a close alternative. But, the possibility of being posted at moffusil places, reliability issues and long-term ownership with respect to a so far fickle FIAT is discouraging to buy this beautiful family car.
I am in no hurry because there is absobloodylutely nothing wrong with my M800!

Look forward to everyone's views before making up my mind.
Old 17th December 2009, 17:06   #28
lsp
BHPian

Hi Somu
thats one neatly maintained car and the accessories that youve employed show great taste on your part.
Do u stay somewhere around Moti Bagh, Shanti Niketan area??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks