Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 21:54   #16
Senior - BHPian

I took a TD of the MJD sometime back, and the single most important factor in not booking it was the hard clutch. I thought that it would make driving in the city uncomfortable for me.
Old 9th October 2009, 23:19   #17

when you get a feling that your gear stick is grinding against metal when u shift what does it omen ?

Any suggestions !
Old 28th February 2010, 09:06   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittiam View Post
My multijet has clocked 17k Kms. Done 3rd free servicing.

Clutch bothers me quite a bit. . It's hard and harsh. It's particularity experienced with lot of grief after driving other cars of same cadre. Swift VDI for instance is smooth. Punto that I drove today was just amazing. In my case, the clutch had some initial resistance. (esp. at 200 rpm)

What is up with this clutch? I complained about it during my second service. They kept the car for two days claiming that Fiat engineer would be visiting them and examining. I don't know what they did, but, after 2-3 days it was delivered. Felt a bit smooth. Some resistance was gone. I returned thinking it was better (and probably this is how it is in Palio). But, it keeps bothering me all the time. knee/Leg/hip joint has started picking up some pain. I cannot imagine driving this car for years if I ware to drive it inside the city.

Btw, I overheard some service engineers gossiping that this problem is being reported in Palios and apparently another customer was complaining of knee pain.

Multijet owners out there, how is your clutch like? Have you compared it to, lets say, swift VDI?

Since Punto engine is same, I'm tempted think that Palio has some inferior parts out there (related to clutch). If it is with all the Palios, should we bring this up in a more unified way and make FIAL do what ever it takes to rectify the problem?

I've been going to Manipal motors for servicing etc. It's a different issue that they don't sound competent. So, should I be trying other service center?

Please advice.
I have a 2007 Palio Stile 1.6 and am facing similar problems after a visit to my fiat service center in Ranchi.I had reported a whirring sound which was randomly heard when i hit the gas after up shifting from 2nd - 3rd or 3rd to 4th.It sounded like a loose chain.The guys at Basudeb Auto called in my palio on 3 days and still couldn't get an clue on the sound.They said that there was a leak in the gear box but not very severe.It was a normal issue and they ordered the rubber seal.

I meanwhile got a Punto Emotion PK IV as a backup car.Nice Car - Bad Ground Clearance.I scraped atleast 6 times on moderately bad roads.

Now...I have received the palio but noticed the following upgrades :

1.Clutch Pedal feels like the one in road roller.

2.The engine is making the whole car vibrate.Feels like a Indica DLS.

3.There is a jerking motion in the 1st Gear.

Note:The car underwent an oil change (Castrol Edge 5w40) @ Rs.4100

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks