Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 16:07   #1
BHPian

Indica Xeta GLS Wine red 14000kms 2yrs report.

I would like to share my experiences with Indica Xeta GLS after 2 years of (non) usage ;-).

Date of purchase :Feb 2007

Kms done:Just 14000kms in 2 years

Best mileage: 16.5kmpl
Average mileage :14kmpl

Long distance trips covered: Chennai to tripathi (total distance around 450kms for entire trip)
Chennai to pondicherry (TD:350kms)
Chennai to Bangalore (TD:700kms)
Chennai to Sriviliputtur (TD: 1200kms)

Problems faced : one flat tyre during sriviliputtur trip

Accidents:

1.Share auto rammed into right side door.big dent still to be rectified.
2.Big scratches in both front wheel arches during some parking sessions by my dad.
3.Minor scratches here and there.

proud of :
1.Car is so spacious..i can fit in a lot more ppl in comfort compared with other entry level cars.
2.Bought this GLS model with power steering and AC for just 3 lacs with various discounts and offers.Big car for small money
3.Best value for money car as it serves my purpose to T
4.Rock steady in highways.
5.Sturdy car.

Problems/things i did not like:(Need all your expert advice here)

1.Gear shifts are harder. especially second gear. Is it normal with all indica's?

2.Seat and driving position is not very comfortable for long driving. I am 5"11. pls suggest.

3.Clutch is hard when compared with other cars like santro and 800.need advice.

4.It struggles to move when its fully loaded (5 adults) with AC in traffic.it becomes normal when it reaches above 2.5rpm.
My knees and foot aches a lot when driving in heavy traffic with AC and 5 adults.

5.Low brand value . i.e when people thinks this is Indicab in different colour.

Recent troubles:

1. There is tuk tuk sound coming from rear right suspension. TASC supervisor told me that the entire suspension set needs to be changed.it willl cost 5k.
Reason for this failure is car was idle for long time

Somebody throw some light on this?

and also can i change the suspension under extended warranty? supervisor said no.

2. when i take my hands off the steering wheel...after around 5 seconds car slowly starts moving towards right..Is this normal?
Problem persists even after 3 services. Mechanic said its normal.

Thanks giving:
I started a thread "Xeta vs swift vs santro" before buying this car
I would like to thank all those people who have replied and helped me with this purchase.

Thanks.

Last edited by rock18 : 6th August 2009 at 16:12.
Old 6th August 2009, 16:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1.Gear shifts are harder. especially second gear. Is it normal with all indica's?
at first. will smoothen out over time and use
Quote:
2.Seat and driving position is not very comfortable for long driving. I am 5"11. pls suggest.
push the seat all the way back, and tilt the back a bit too. You'll be sitting very laid back and the front visiblity will not be as good, but you will be a lot more comfortable, since the angle at which the feet meet the pedals is better. You might need some time/practice to get used to this

Quote:
3.Clutch is hard when compared with other cars like santro and 800.need advice.
as designed. pretty much nothing you can do about it. You should try the turbo indica . its even harder

recent troubles 1 and 2 are both due to suspension. for 2, get the wheels aligned, and still if it doesnt go away, try rotating the wheels. check for abnormal tyre wear. Make sure that the road surface is absolutely level.

not sure why the entire suspension has to be changed ...

Thanks for the report. Do post pictures of your car

Most Viewed