Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 12:44   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Accent Crdi long term ownership at 103630km

Hi Guys,I have been using my accent from 2005 may and it had clocked 103630km.It is a cherry red colour car fully in stock condition.

Services-I used to service my car at every 6k to 7k.I have taken this car from chandra hyundai coimbatore and for every oil changes they insist me to do a engine flush so on an average my service cost comes around 4500rs to 5000rs.
Periodic maintainance-Breakpad changes every 15 to 20k km.Then every 30k service i used to change every thing what hyundai says to change because i know a little about mechanical side.For the 100k service they have changed timing belt and tyre rode ends and it costs 14k.

Fuel consumption-At an averagei gets 15km per litre(taking 1:1 ratio between city and highway driving).
Fuel used-speed or extramile only

Bad memories-once i was driving back to coimbatore from rural part of kerala(it was night and i was driving around 80 to90km an hour) and it was slightly raining too and all of a sudden i met with a large pot hole of the road(i could just down shift to 3rd from fifth) and my car really taken it hard because i could only stopped the car after hitting it.My front two tyres and back right tyre got punctured and two of the disk also got damaged.
Max speed driven-165km(speedo reading )
verdict-I'm satisfied with this car and he never disappoints me even in signals to signal boys races still.
What next-planning to put a petes box and a green filter,and 15"alloy+195 65r15 rubber too.I s this ok guys...and could you guys tell me when i can expect a major engine overhaule and how much it may cost and is it better to fit petes box after that?..
Expecting your replies
regards
Old 21st October 2009, 15:23   #2
BHPian

It is amazing that your car was nearly accident free for more than 100,000 kms - any tips? Congrats and it will be great if you can post some pics!
Old 21st October 2009, 21:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
Hi Guys,I have been using my accent from 2005 may and it had clocked 103630km.It is a cherry red colour car fully in stock condition.

Services-I used to service my car at every 6k to 7k.I have taken this car from chandra hyundai coimbatore and for every oil changes they insist me to do a engine flush so on an average my service cost comes around 4500rs to 5000rs.
Periodic maintainance-Breakpad changes every 15 to 20k km.Then every 30k service i used to change every thing what hyundai says to change because i know a little about mechanical side.For the 100k service they have changed timing belt and tyre rode ends and it costs 14k.

Fuel consumption-At an averagei gets 15km per litre(taking 1:1 ratio between city and highway driving).
Fuel used-speed or extramile only

Bad memories-once i was driving back to coimbatore from rural part of kerala(it was night and i was driving around 80 to90km an hour) and it was slightly raining too and all of a sudden i met with a large pot hole of the road(i could just down shift to 3rd from fifth) and my car really taken it hard because i could only stopped the car after hitting it.My front two tyres and back right tyre got punctured and two of the disk also got damaged.
Max speed driven-165km(speedo reading )
verdict-I'm satisfied with this car and he never disappoints me even in signals to signal boys races still.
What next-planning to put a petes box and a green filter,and 15"alloy+195 65r15 rubber too.I s this ok guys...and could you guys tell me when i can expect a major engine overhaule and how much it may cost and is it better to fit petes box after that?..
Expecting your replies
regards
Dear freind in my case it all the reverse I am a SAD person by using this korean pest, this thing gave me lot of problems in its life span of 4 years and 65000kms. Ihave spent 45000/- on engine injectors cleaning, bosch pump service, clutch replacement etc and after about 8000 kms I am back to where I was the car is smokikng BLACK smoke as if it is a Kachra ka truck or a souped up roadways bus. The car is sluggish in running,even when started it starts with too much effort to starter motor,Battery is 5 months old. fuel efficiency I am yet to check. YOU ARE PROBABLY A ONLY LUCKY PERSON IN INDIA and I feel last one praising this thing. This thing is only good for fisrt year or first 10000kms thats all later it will show its colours.Adding fuel to fire these so called authorised service centeres are having biggest JOKERS as service advisers you will find in our country they fleece you at all oppurtunity that too in thousands of bucks.At the time of fleecing they keep reminding you that you are having a deisel car and you will have to pay more for service.In short they want to tell you that all this while you saved money by a deisel car in place of a petrol so now PAY MORE TO REPAIRES. Just a week ago I was in Hong Kong and saw plenty of deisel accents all in immaculate condition you find them in Macau, and Guangzhou also.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:36   #4
BHPian

my father's accent crdi just clocked 143000 km. No problem yet..WE use to change oils @ 5000km

Last edited by kphilip : 21st October 2009 at 21:45.
Old 21st October 2009, 21:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
YOU ARE PROBABLY A ONLY LUCKY PERSON IN INDIA and I feel last one praising this thing.
You are unlucky.

I drove my Accent CRDi Viva for 68000 kms/5 years on very bad and dusty roads and sold it in Sept 09. No injector/engine/pump issues throughout the ownership. I am not a sedate driver. I used to redline often and drive pretty rough.

No problems whatsoever. Infact, I was actually so satisfied with the product that I bought another diesel Hyundai.

The Accent CRDi requires timely servicing. Most owners who get timely services dont run into problems.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 21st October 2009 at 22:00.
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:19   #6
BHPian

Hi diffsoft,Yes no accident at all.(i do have little bent on top of of my right back tyre and that is all i had to call an accident).Now my wife is using it so she makes little scraches in front/back bumpers at times!! sure will try to put some pictures
Iqball ..bad luck man look at kphilip and abhij,that shows i'm not alone.And if macau, guangzhow and hongkong can have good diesel means we Indians too can have yaar..regards
KPHILIP AND ABHIJ THANKS for the timely reply..regards guys

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks