Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 10:30   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I can state, from first hand experience, that Tata workshops have the most stringent targets. And the habit of "upselling" is rampant (more than I have experienced in any other brand). Whenever my Indigo goes to the company-owned Tata workshop at worli, their original estimate always includes unnecessary rubbish. For one, they have wanted to flush my engine at every oil change, second they've been pestering me for a clutch overhaul since the last two visits. Always do your homework before sending a Tata car for a service.
Old 19th December 2009, 11:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

TATA service has a reputation of looting [yes looting ] people. I have had this experience where I had to pay 8000/- bill for actual work of just 200/- cause the guys over looked the actual procedure for uneven idle.
Hence I have a good knowledge of Indica's fuel delivery system.
The quotes are usually given with such a explanation that one end up paying the amount thinking there is a serious problem with their car.
And as GTO said, do your homework before sending the car to service , not just TATA but any authorized service station for any car company.
even maruti engineers come down to my friend's MASS tell him not to do a engine overhaul but, recommend to the client for an engine change, and this is not something like TATA care thing where the company sends down an engine. One has to buy everything new and assemble it.

Last edited by dinar : 19th December 2009 at 11:55.
Old 19th December 2009, 12:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

My indica FIp has a problem. Vehicle jerks at low rpm. Iam afraid to open it up. Just last few months back i spent about 11k for a/c o/h for 40 k service. I havent opened up my suspension yet. Some how it is holding up well.
My vehicle has done 47k kms. It is Tubo DLG model.

Planning to sell it off. Cant pay so much of bills and iam sure as it ages it will have few more problems.

Last edited by vinod_nookala : 19th December 2009 at 12:11.
Old 19th December 2009, 18:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

I'm at 28k kms, and I'm having issues with my fuel delivery too. Despite the 3k blown on the FIP OH, still no joy. car jerks in lower rpm (claimed to be as designed), has trouble starting from rest on inclines which it used to handle without issues earlier, and has difficulties pulling over 100kmph.
And there are other issues ( windshield detatched last month, noises ( driveshaft/wheel bearing?)
I too agree that my car is becoming sort of a white elephant.

Unfortunately, I dont have the luxury of selling it off (can't afford to)

Last edited by greenhorn : 19th December 2009 at 18:46.
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewpn View Post

By the way I do the service is Emm-Emm motors , Banaswadi.
Hey Mathewpn,

I should be getting my new Safari delivered next week from Concorde, but was planning to give it to EMM EMM motors for servicing, starting with the first free service itself. This is because it very close to my home and will save me the 15 + km drive to Concorde.

What is your feedback on this TASC.

thanks,

Last edited by Kairalee : 2nd August 2010 at 20:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks