Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2009, 19:31   #1
BHPian

After 15 months wih San Storm...

it was a demo car which i bought and so far there have been two issues which came up... ecu problem and Fpr issue.. Masha Allah,the problems have been solved so I am having some good time in my car.....

here are some of the pics..i just love car...
Attached Thumbnails
After 15 months wih San Storm...-1.jpg  

After 15 months wih San Storm...-2.jpg  

After 15 months wih San Storm...-3.jpg  

After 15 months wih San Storm...-4.jpg  

After 15 months wih San Storm...-5.jpg  

After 15 months wih San Storm...-6.jpg  

After 15 months wih San Storm...-7.jpg  

After 15 months wih San Storm...-8.jpg  

After 15 months wih San Storm...-9.jpg  

After 15 months wih San Storm...-10.jpg  

Last edited by lover_guy_001 : 27th December 2009 at 19:32.
Old 27th December 2009, 22:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

lovely car. I have spotted it couple of times at park street.

does it still have the yellow sticker at the back?
Old 28th December 2009, 02:00   #3
BHPian

@planet_rocker thnx bro...there is no sticker but this car is dancing around park street quite often...
Old 28th December 2009, 02:34   #4
BHPian

very nicely maintained mashAllah...

i am sure you must be enjoying every bit of it.
Old 28th December 2009, 07:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

@LoveryBoy: That is one good looking car. Would love to read a more detailed report on the ownership experience.
Old 28th December 2009, 08:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

A car with a potential for modding, at least for better looks. Not sure about the performance mods thought. Have you done any?
Old 28th December 2009, 09:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

The car looks pretty well kept.

How is the engine performance? Its get a 1.2 Renault engine right? What do you do when you need to get it serviced etc?

And how are the interiors taking?
Old 28th December 2009, 10:51   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
What do you do when you need to get it serviced etc?
I have the same question and one more. There's no issue with different state registration number?
Old 28th December 2009, 18:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

KP / WBP has no issues with out-of-state registered vehicles. i have seen lots of vehicles with non-WB plates (DLs' the most). Two BHPians are in Kolkata for more than a year with out-of-state plates. One AP and another KA registered.
Old 28th December 2009, 18:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

This is one car which did not rise much of a storm. AFAIK, there were concerns with the fit and finish. Also the overall package was not convincing. Please understand that these are news that I have only heard of. Have seen only one in flesh, opposite tetos in Goa, a blue one.

How true are these things that I have heard of?
Old 28th December 2009, 18:55   #11
Senior - BHPian

nice pics and pretty decently maintained car i must say.
In the first pic ,man you are getting some serious attention
Old 28th December 2009, 19:05   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
This is one car which did not rise much of a storm. AFAIK, there were concerns with the fit and finish. Also the overall package was not convincing. Please understand that these are news that I have only heard of. Have seen only one in flesh, opposite tetos in Goa, a blue one.

How true are these things that I have heard of?
I bought this car from a showroom which was selling San Storms till 2007..This was their Demo Car which had done 8k kms...

Honestly,this car can never be "THE CAR" for you ..If you are having a couple of cars at home and want to spend your weekends in a flashy manner ,then this car is for you... You cant expect this car to be your office going car but yes, this is the car for those "special occasions".

The AC is fantastic but if you are driving with the hood down in summer, you might feel a bit claustrophobic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
KP / WBP has no issues with out-of-state registered vehicles. i have seen lots of vehicles with non-WB plates (DLs' the most). Two BHPians are in Kolkata for more than a year with out-of-state plates. One AP and another KA registered.
I wanted to get a WB number.. Went to Motor Vehicle,went to the agents but nobody helped..Then a guy from the Motor Vehicle who is my driver's friend told me that there is no problem with Goa numbers.. You wont have any issues..So I am driving without any problem.Thank God..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I have the same question and one more. There's no issue with different state registration number?
Many people are using Jharkand,Delhi ,AP and Rajasthan number plates in Calcutta..So far, there isnt any problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The car looks pretty well kept.

How is the engine performance? Its get a 1.2 Renault engine right? What do you do when you need to get it serviced etc?

And how are the interiors taking?
Thank You.The engine is pretty decent but because of the look,ignorant people expect it to run like a Ferrari but thats not the case..Its still a a decent engine and works well in Calcutta roads.

I generally take it for servicing to a particular local service station where they deal with the problems pretty well..

And if there is any major problem, the San Motors Manager from Goa, Mr.Vijay Mahatme is always eager to help. All the parts are easily available and can be booked on phone..

When i got the car, there were tuning and clutch issues and I didnt want any novice to experiment with the car so I got the San Motors mechanic from Goa to sort out the problem. I had to pay 10K for his trip..fooding, travel and work charge all included in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
A car with a potential for modding, at least for better looks. Not sure about the performance mods thought. Have you done any?
I havent done any technical modification nor have I done any on the visual front..Yes, I did get the hood changed..San Motors provided me with the same hood which is used in Merc.

Just having a decent music system and I think ,if i do too much with the car ,it will look a bit overdone..This original look itself is pretty stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@LoveryBoy: That is one good looking car. Would love to read a more detailed report on the ownership experience.
When I bought the car, there were not many people who encouraged me.This forum ,honestly, has been very harsh on this car since beginning.But then I listened to my heart and bought it..

There were two issues.One in the beginning and one recent.The car would stall after running for 5km or so.Then it had to cool down to run again.That was because of a fried ECU..Bought a new one from San Motors which was very expensive but then, I had no other option.And this was not the car's fault.The guy who sold me this thing replaced the original ECU with a fried one and I had run it for 2-3 kms only at the trial so I didnt know the fault earlier.Later, they paid 30% for the new ECU.

The recent problem was fuel pipe leakage.There were consistent pipe leakage issues and it was very scary.I replaced the pipes with original San Storm pipes but it kept getting leaked.That issue was resolved when I changed the Fuel Pressure Regulator and since then the car is as smooth as butter.Masha Allah.

This car is fabulous when you have a clear road ahead but in those narrow jam packed lanes of Calcutta with %$^# huge speedbreakers,the car behaves like a horse unwilling to jump the hurdle in equestrian..hehe.. Not exactly like that but the fun of driving this car is in 5th gear at 90-100 kph... It just flies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias View Post
very nicely maintained mashAllah...

i am sure you must be enjoying every bit of it.
Thank You bhai..Its been a total fun experience.. Insha Allah, I will continue having fun
Old 28th December 2009, 19:10   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
nice pics and pretty decently maintained car i must say.
In the first pic ,man you are getting some serious attention
Some people call it the cheaper Nano (even a sergent once asked me if this was a Nano).

Most people assume that this is the same car which Salman used in the film ,Partner and they keep shouting Salman Car ,Salman Car...

Many stupid bikers have almost got themselves killed in their attempt to overtake and have a better look.Terrible.

This car has the ability to grab your attention and even though this is peanuts compared to a Beemer or a Merc, the sight of a convertible on Calcutta roads fetch it alot of attention..

The alloy wheel caps are there but I dont use them because they keep popping out in high speed..

So many tales I have..hehe..Sometimes its funny and sometimes, it becomes irritating..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th December 2009 at 14:35.
Old 28th December 2009, 19:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

Looks wonderful ! And the steering wheel looks delicious - must be lovely to hold.
Old 28th December 2009, 22:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Looks wonderful ! And the steering wheel looks delicious - must be lovely to hold.
I was thinking about getting a very sleek &small formula one sort of red steering wheel but at the moment, i am happy with this.This looks classy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks