Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 00:51   #1
BHPian

The Hidden Dragon: Cedia @ 10K

The name I have found for my dearest and unfailing companion, the Cedia, is quite a short brief of what the story has been so far.

The car which was bought primarily to satisfy the long drives of mine was almost hidden from the public, thanks to the recession and stuff. But when we go for a long drive, it puts a BIIGGG smile on my face knowing that I am riding the dragon. It just never lets you down, whatever be the state of the road. Its just the pull on 3rd or the super silent cruise at 5th, its bloody addictive.

I take it out once a week for office so that the car knows that its alive. In bumper to bumper traffic this car just behaves like any other car should. The advantages being a superior view and a silent cabin once the windows are up. For a single person the AC at level 1 of 4 with vents open only on driver side cools the car enough.

The long drives are when the dragon shows its real prowess.

The manouverability gives you confidence and does things to save from other acrobatic road dwellers. I had two incidents in my drive back from Kannur on NH17 when truckies just come into you and its upto the car to swerve out of their way. This one performs and does it to precision.

Brakes: Damn!, sometimes you get carried away by the dragon and push it without realizing that the velocity of the car ahead is turned to zero. The car stops and pretty quick and without any drama. Sad thing is , in another situation a biker couldnt stop as fast...

Seat Position: Driving almost 18 hours in a 24 hour time is something only a few hvk's can accomplish. But well I did it too!, which I presume is thanks to the great seat position which allows me to drive relaxedly(sic?) over long periods of time.

Accelaration/Top Speed: With a 2 litre engine I wish the car could generate more of these qualities. But it gives a good enough accelaration to put most of the other cars in the rear view and top speed which I find is more than enough for the roads here.

A.S.S : Initially when I bought the car, I was very apprehensive about A.S.S of southern motors/Bangalore. But then after my 1.5 years / Fourth Visit to them, I feel that most of the things I heard might be some old experiences. All my visits have had a happy conclusion with the dragon coming out fresh and raring to go.

All in all , I feel I am one happy customer and would I recommend my car? Hell yeah!

## EDIT ## : Mine is the first long-term-review-thread in 2010. YAY!
Happy New Year 2010.

Last edited by santhosh_kumard : 1st January 2010 at 00:53.
Old 1st January 2010, 11:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear such a wonderful experience. Is your car still stock?
Oh and pictures please !

Happy new year.
Old 1st January 2010, 12:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post

Seat Position: Driving almost 18 hours in a 24 hour time is something only a few hvk's can accomplish.
Thats a good one. We have finally 'nounised' HVK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks