Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2010, 10:28   #1
BHPian

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms

Wish each of you a happy and prosperous new year 2010. Hope each of you keep buying more and more beautiful cars.

I bought this car on 30th June 2008.
We(wife and I) decided to buy a car about 2 months before to that and we had a long list of hatches like Spark, Santro, i10(1.1), Indica,
Swift, UVA, Wagon-R and Getz Prime but shortlisted the 3, UVA, Swift and Getz Prime. I am 5' 8'' and 15 kgs overweight and never
considered Alto kind of cars so was more inclined on spaciousness and that is the reason of my shortlist. Indica and Wagon-R were out first
(didnt like the looks both from inside and outside). Spark, Santro and i10 were next(spark was very less spacious, others were so-so).
Also since my driving wouldnt be more than 400-500 kms a month I would buy only a pertol car.
My family(parents and Wifey) didnt like the looks of Swift so even after liking the way it revved and picked up I had to let it go.
Another important thing was Swift has less backseat space as well as less boot space as compared to UVA and Getz Prime so I let it go.
I was enchanted by the forest Dew Green color of UVA but I found the involment level of the Chevrolet guys to be very unprofessional and
this car was a kind of slow mover. I mean it was not revv happy so I let that go too and Getz Prime remained the only choice.

I bought the Midnight Grey color from the Hyundai showroom at Residency road, Bangalore. It was a beauty and I like a lot of things about it.
1. It is as spacious as a Hatch can be.
2. Boot space is enough for 2 suitcases and 2 bags.
3. 60:40 read sear split.
4. 1.3 L 83 bph engine makes it a good machine for running fast and good.
5. Stable at high speed. Had driven at 140 and it do not look like we are at 140 kmph.
6. Braking is good(no abs).
7. Awesome looks - exteriors with the korea eyed headlamp, european styling and good dual tone with beige interiors.
8. Hyundai has a good service backup in bangalore and they are quite friendly and professional. Both Advaith and Trident.
9. Back seat is spacious too and my parent have no problem getting in and out.

Dont like
1. Night driving is a bit of problem with stock headlamps, they are just BAD(any suggestions how to change it?)
2. Sometimes at gear 3 at a lower speed it becomes a problem and I need to down gear it. My friends swift is better in this aspect.
3. FE could have been better. City - 10.5 - 11 kmpl, highways - 15- 16 kmpl(had been to Chennai). Swift gives more mileage.

Overall I am happy with its performance and usage. I have a large dent on my left front door. A callous auto guy had hit me near Whitefield. I had not claimed insurance till now. As my wife is learning to drive I will wait till she learns good.
I would go for my 4th service in a few days so I will update on the costs involved as this would be my first non-free service. the first 3 service was good and charges were minimal.

I will upload some photos soon.

Note - I do not like Getz Prime be called Getz. Getz Prime is bit different car than Getz atleast in the looks and interior.
Old 1st January 2010, 11:04   #2
BHPian

My car photos taken at different time in the last 18 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-149.jpg  

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-004.jpg  

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-007.jpg  

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-006.jpg  

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-008.jpg  

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-010.jpg  

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-011.jpg  

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-014.jpg  

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-017.jpg  

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-052.jpg  

Old 1st January 2010, 11:09   #3
BHPian

The dent casued by an auto driver on my car's left side front door.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms-picture-005.jpg  

Last edited by shuvadips : 1st January 2010 at 11:10.
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! That is covered by insurance- why dont you get it fixed/ replaced?
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:39   #5
BHPian

dude i had a similar bump on my car, the colour is not gone, just remove the door panel and push out the metal and it will just pop out. it will leave a mark but it will look far better than it is right now. Just try it
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:17   #6
BHPian

@ph03n!x
I had not claimed insurance till now. As my wife is learning to drive now,I will wait till she learns good.

@ishaanranderia
How do I remove the door panel? I am pretty novice in this area.
BTW, my son is 2 years old and his name is - 'Ishaan'

Last edited by shuvadips : 3rd January 2010 at 00:18. Reason: Some more info
Old 3rd May 2013, 13:56   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLS 18 months report - 9076 kms

Yes it certainly is a fine car. Not to mention rear space is fantastic, the 2 level tilt of the rear seat is the most useful option I've even found in a sedan. When I purchased the Getz Prime in 2008 it had many segment firsts like lit-glovebox, centre armrest for driver, illuminated window controls, beige+wood finish & small-bag holding foldable hook in the rear. Do consider buying a good quality matt dash-polish and wiping the grey color parts of the interior, I promise you it literally changes the look of the interior. Its a very well built, good handling car with least reliability issues and I feel sad that it didn't find as many buyers as it deserved to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks