Team-BHP - V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   V6 Power - My Honda Accord. EDIT - New Pics on page 37! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/73342-v6-power-my-honda-accord-edit-new-pics-page-37-a-43.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 3519899)
So it would only have been fair to replace a 6 cylinder, with another 6 cylinder.

Congratulations Akshay.

You have chosen another stunning combination for your Bimmer this time. The Black with Red/Maroon interiors look superb.

Awaiting more pictures soon.

So I have been contemplating getting an 06 Accord V6 and plan to get an example checked out in a couple of days by a Honda mechanic. The car only has 50 k on the odometer and drives really well.

What sort of wear and tear can I expect in the next three years, particularly in the auto tranny. Also what sort of other mechanical problems can I expect in car of this age ?

I quite like the way the car drives and would like to understand the trade offs in ₹ involved in terms of cost of upkeep, in the event that I do go ahead with the car.

Bump, guys would really appreciate your inputs on this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 3005452)
Hmm so the suspension & low profile tires does take a big toll on other parts. I still think the engine mount replacement is too early even for Mumbai roads which IMHO not the worst in India. Mine is a 2008 model & while its run on a relatively better roads, it has clocked much more miles with much more average speeds on regular basis & it still feels brand new.

I know its an apple to oranges comparison but it makes you wonder if the environment alone can make such a big difference over miles/KMs traveled.

My apologies for positing my query here but i desperately need some advice. Pls move my post to a more appropriate thread if needed.

Need some help! On my 2009 i4 sedan, i experience excessive vibrations inside the cabin when the transmission is engaged in D and brakes are pressed. It gets much better when i shift to R. Vibrations are barely noticeable when the transmission is in P and air conditioning is on. Any help or advice from the experts will be appreciated.

All that i have done so far:

Changed the side engine mount

Both the transmission mounts

Front suspension overhauled, new shockers

Gear oil flushed and replaced

Throttle body programmed at honda

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovemyOHC (Post 4876409)
My apologies for positing my query here but i desperately need some advice. Pls move my post to a more appropriate thread if needed.
Throttle body programmed at honda

Do the vibration occur only on pressing brakes and that too at higher speeds? In such a case the front brake discs might need skimming and maybe a change of pads if needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 4876865)
Do the vibration occur only on pressing brakes and that too at higher speeds? In such a case the front brake discs might need skimming and maybe a change of pads if needed.

Thanks for ur response. The vibrations kick in only when the car is stationary with transmission in d and brakes fully pressed. For example, when i stop at a signal the vibrations kick in. No vibrations in reverse or neutral.

Hello friends.

I'm about to buy a used Honda Accord 2.4 AT.

Could someone please point me to a resource that exhaustively lists the differences between the 2008 Honda Accord 2.4 AT and the 2011 facelift version of the same car? Or perhaps someone knowledgeable could post here.

What I have found from disparate sources that the 2011 version has over the 2008 version:

1. Sunroof
2. Cruise control
3. Vehicle Stability Assist
4. Slight redesign of front grille and the front & rear bumpers.
5. Folding key
6. Better infotainment system that can play USB as well. please:

Is the above correct and is this all?

Sorry for the slight digression but could someone please tell me how many keys does the 2008 Accord come with?

Is it 2 or 2+1 valet key?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovemyOHC (Post 4876409)
On my 2009 i4 sedan, i experience excessive vibrations inside the cabin when the transmission is engaged in D and brakes are pressed. It gets much better when i shift to R. Vibrations are barely noticeable when the transmission is in P and air conditioning is on.

Have you got this fixed already?

If not, check your remaining engine mounts and your IAC (Idle Air Control) valve if the vibration persists when in park/neutral.

How many kms has your Accord run? If it still persists, and your car is high mileage (150,000-200,000kms), it may be the start of slight wear in the transmission. But, just leave it in park/neutral when you come to a stop. It will still continue to run/shift smoothly on the go.

Hello All,
Need help please: my uncle has a Honda accord 2007 3L V6 for which a replacement fuel pump is needed. Where can it be purchased? We tried buying on boodmo.com but the order got cancelled due to non availability. Need a reliable and competitively priced source in Bangalore or Chennai.
Thanks in advance.