Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 22:21   #16
BHPian

Hi Jason,

Nice write up and great pics.
I am also a die hard Wagon R fan.
I had my last one for 6 years and then sold it only to ....buy another one.
The current one is a Feb 2008 model and has just clocked 10,000 Kms so pretty much the same as yours.
So far, so good.
No problems to speak of.
Just do the routine maintenance as per the schedule.
I have fitted a K & N filter, Iridium plugs and now on Castrol Magnatec.

All the best,

SS
Old 25th January 2010, 00:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
It is indeed an amazing practical Car. How old is you WagonR? How was your experience with it? Can you share some of it?
I have a WagonR 2004 model which is currently being driven by my sis. I drove it for 2 years before my sis laid her hands on it. Its a very nice and comfortable experience and the ownership experience is pretty good.

One of my friends also has it for last 6 years and he is pretty contend. He has also taken good care of the vehicle and has incurred almost nil maintenance cost.
Old 25th January 2010, 08:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Jason,

Nice write up and great pics.
I am also a die hard Wagon R fan.
I had my last one for 6 years and then sold it only to ....buy another one.
The current one is a Feb 2008 model and has just clocked 10,000 Kms so pretty much the same as yours.
So far, so good.
No problems to speak of.
Just do the routine maintenance as per the schedule.
I have fitted a K & N filter, Iridium plugs and now on Castrol Magnatec.

All the best,

SS
Now thats a die hard fan of WagonR! 10,000 Kms is indeed a milestone. Awaiting for a Longterm Ownership Report from you with pics.

There was a discussion in our very forum that Bosch plugs were better than the stock ones. Are iridium one better than Bosch? And since when you started using Synthetic Oil? like what was the reading on the Odo when you started using it? Mine still runs on Mineral oil. Waiting for the next Oil change to switch over to Synthetic. Hope that my engine is ready for Synthetic after the Run in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
I have a WagonR 2004 model which is currently being driven by my sis. I drove it for 2 years before my sis laid her hands on it. Its a very nice and comfortable experience and the ownership experience is pretty good.

One of my friends also has it for last 6 years and he is pretty contend. He has also taken good care of the vehicle and has incurred almost nil maintenance cost.
Thats cool man. 5 Years of hassle free maintenance. Can I expect some pics of your WagonR? What is the WagonR primarily used for by your sis? Any Mods done to suit her style of driving?

Last edited by jasonbourne : 25th January 2010 at 08:49.
Old 30th January 2010, 12:31   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hey! Nice pics and congrats on your pruchase. Even after so many years, wagonR continues to be one of the best practical hatchbacks in the country, no wonder it sells so much!

A question. Has Maruti starting offering different rear view mirrors lately in the VXi model ? Sometime back the mirrors were something like this (notice they are slightly bigger and different shape and not body colored):
Good to know that there are zealots in the forum who enjoy the Wagon R as much as I do (I have seen a lot of Wagon bashing in team bhp). Congrats jason on the purchase.

DCEite, I can answer your question. You are right, the ORVMs earlier (I have a 2007 model) were black, and were bigger. The newer ones come with smaller and are body colored. Interestingly, I was told that the older one is imported and the newer one is Indian. There is a price difference of the spare part: old one has an MRP of Rs 8005, but the new one has about 3450.

A truck kissed my right ORVM, getting it replaced involved spending about 3500 (including fitting charges) PLUS Rs 200 for black painting (It comes in off white color). So I now have a big mirror on the left and small one in the right

So be careful with the city traffic, the electrically controlled OVRMs in Vxi don't come cheap.

Last edited by aroop : 30th January 2010 at 12:35.
Old 30th January 2010, 13:22   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now thats a die hard fan of WagonR!
Add another one in me! Mine has reached around the 60k mark, and still going strong!

Congrats on your Wagi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
You are right, the ORVMs earlier (I have a 2007 model) were black, and were bigger. The newer ones come with smaller and are body colored. Interestingly, I was told that the older one is imported and the newer one is Indian.
Are they compatible with the pre-facelift WagonR? Dont need the electrical adjustment, just the mirror!

Dont have a pic of the mirror, here is a pic of the car from my gallery. Mine's the one with vertical mirrors.
Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-i8687.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th January 2010 at 13:25.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2010, 18:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrts pal Jason. Welcome to the family of WagonR. I own one since 2006 Feb & have clocked 24K. Have several memorable trips & it helped me to realize my dreams of long drives. Chennai-Trivandrum(755 Kms) & Chennai-MVPA(690) & several Bangalore & southern Tamilnadu trips (not to mention saved my life several times ). Even when a Scorp/Safari stands besides you in the signal you don't feel low seated. You still feel that you're one among them.

Good luck & enjoy your drives with your car.

Last edited by aargee : 30th January 2010 at 18:07. Reason: Remove extra smiley
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:35   #22
BHPian

Hi Jason,

I started using semi-synthetic oil (That's what Castrol Magnatec is) after the 10,000 Kms servicing as per the suggestions on TBHP.
I'm not sure if Bosch are better than Iridium or not as I have not used them on this car. They are certainly better than the stock as I have used them in the past. I am fairly happy with the Iridiums but again one has to say that it is a lot of money to spend on spark plugs for a slightly smoother engine, which, after a while you get used to and don't notice anymore. Hope you see what I'm getting at. There was a very slight improvement in pickup and none at all in fuel efficiency. The car gives me a steady 10.5 Kmpl in the city and 14.0kmpl on the highway.

I will do a Long Term Ownership soon.

All the best,

SS

Quote:
Now thats a die hard fan of WagonR! 10,000 Kms is indeed a milestone. Awaiting for a Longterm Ownership Report from you with pics.

There was a discussion in our very forum that Bosch plugs were better than the stock ones. Are iridium one better than Bosch? And since when you started using Synthetic Oil? like what was the reading on the Odo when you started using it? Mine still runs on Mineral oil. Waiting for the next Oil change to switch over to Synthetic. Hope that my engine is ready for Synthetic after the Run in!

Thats cool man. 5 Years of hassle free maintenance. Can I expect some pics of your WagonR? What is the WagonR primarily used for by your sis? Any Mods done to suit her style of driving?
Old 12th January 2011, 20:48   #23
BHPian

Re: Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done

It is very very unfortunate that I have to stop my Wagi Chronicles. My Wagi has left me. It was a heartbreaking moment for me. My First Love has left me or rather I have to let go of my first Love!

Operation Comfort was a huge Success. But the operation suffered Major setbacks twice which almost cost us our lives! The decision had to be taken after a Horrible accident that occurred on my Wagi. Everyone Safe, but my family as well as I thought it was time for a change inclined towards Comfort and space.

So I am replacing my Wagi with a Beasty --> Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet, Aura ABS, Porcelein White. Watch out for a new thread on my New Car!!

Some Final Photos of my Wagi! (sorry for the quality since they were taken from mobile)
Attached Thumbnails
Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-wagi-01.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-wagi-2.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-wagi-3.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-wagi-4.jpg  

Old 14th January 2011, 15:52   #24
BHPian

Wagi did 33500 Kms. Before I end the story just some preview snaps of my Beasty.
Attached Thumbnails
Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-beasty-01.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-beasty-2.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-beasty-3.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-beasty-4.jpg  

Old 15th January 2011, 21:36   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Operation Comfort was a huge Success. But the operation suffered Major setbacks twice which almost cost us our lives! The decision had to be taken after a Horrible accident that occurred on my Wagi. Everyone Safe, but my family as well as I thought it was time for a change inclined towards Comfort and space.
Gosh, sorry to hear about the accident, but am I glad everyone was safe! Cars come & go, it's important that the crumple zones protected you in the time of need.

You will love the Vista's space & comfort. Congrats!
Old 15th January 2011, 23:08   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Gosh, sorry to hear about the accident, but am I glad everyone was safe! Cars come & go, it's important that the crumple zones protected you in the time of need.

You will love the Vista's space & comfort. Congrats!
Yes GTO you are right. thats what we also thought. But I was pretty much attached to my Wagi since it was my first car.

The first accident was pretty Bad. It ocurred a year ago. It happened while I was on my way to office in OMR. It rained pretty heavily over the previous week in Chennai. And I was joining the office on a tuesday after completing the final rituals for my Maternal Grandfather who passed away the week before.

I was supposed to go to office at 6 AM for morning shift but I started pretty late around 8 and I was on my way. It was drizzling since the morning and rods were wet. After crossing Sholinganallur Infosys there was a big left turn and there was a bus stop at the apex of that turn. People living in that area have made a pathway in the median to cross the road. Out of nowhere One Very Intelligent Biker () used that pathway to cross the road. He came from the other side of the road through the median to the one I was driving. The car going in front braked almost immediately and came to stand still. Even I did the same. But since I was pretty close to that car I had to swirl left to avoid banging behind that car and came to stop as well. The car stopped well before the biker and was stationary for almost 2 Secs.

Then BANG!!!

A hyundai Santro Driving behind me Banged me with some speed. Since I have just stopped, I still had my foot firmly pressed against my car Brakes. The force with which he banged me from behind pushed my car forward for almost 10 metres, with my tyres screeching!! Since I had a good hold of the steering wheel the car went straight. If it had drifted right, I would have hit the car that came to stand still before me.

Fortunately for me, the impact of the accident was taken by my seat guarding my back and my neck. If at all the seat had not taken the impact (and broken!! ), My neck would have snapped against the head rest of the driver seat!!

The below photos will say the remaining story. (Watch the front part of the Hyundai Santro that hit my car).
Attached Thumbnails
Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-15122009039.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-15122009040.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-15122009041.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-15122009042.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-15122009043.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-15122009044.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-15122009045.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-15122009046.jpg  

Operation Comfort – Agent Wagi (My WagonR) – 11200 Kms Done-15122009047.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com