Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 20:45   #16
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
But it’s only European cars which I feel have a SOUL to fall in Love with.
Well said.Congratulations and best wishes, RajBajwa, on your proud possession of Fiat Linea.

Old 24th March 2010, 20:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

I totally understand what you are talking about. Even i love driving in front of shops that have full glass fronts to see a reflection of me in the car. Seems crazy but there's something to it that makes you feel good ! And looking at your car from your balcony - i do that too... ha ha... more pictures please
Old 24th March 2010, 22:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
congrats man. I think FIAT owners are the ones who loves their car the most
Very true! There is SOMETHING in a FIAT that just cannot be explained.. We just don't buy a FIAT, we buy a RELATIONSHIP which is priceless.. I think I am getting too emotional.

Congrats buddy on the new LINEA! Have a Fiatful life!
Old 25th March 2010, 09:42   #19
BHPian

Raj, every sentence in your opening post reminded of myself. I too do all those what you have mentioned, be it admiring a fellow linea on the road etc etc.

Well maintained car and congrats !

You are right, i owned 2 cars before owning the Linea. The emotional connect i have towards Linea was missing (am i lying ?) with my earlier cars.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:59   #20
BHPian

Raj, It seems all FIAT owners share a common feeling. Having owned a Punto for the past 6 months, I too feel like peeping at the driver whenever a Linea, Punto or Palio passes by and feel happy for the other driver as well.

Enjoy your beauty and crunch many a safe miles with it
Old 25th March 2010, 10:06   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
  • But it’s only European cars which I feel have a SOUL to fall in Love with.
  • I park my car at a spot which is visible from my window.
  • I can’t stop myself going to the window every now and then just to see the gleaming beauty parked.
  • This is perhaps one of the first things I do in the morning even before brushing my teeth.
  • When I am out driving the car, my heart jumps to see another FIAT on the road driving alongside. I do strain my neck to peek at the other fellow FIAT owner.
+100 to all the above. FIAT true tells you what real love is. Its a charm to own and drive these beauties around. I have a Punto and awaiting desperately for Linea 1.6 MJD. Thats going to be my second car for sure.
Old 25th March 2010, 16:52   #22
BHPian

Thanks J. Ravi.

Fiat Tarun,
Yes seeing your car’s reflection when driving is fun. We sure love driving those roads. I need to take some pictures of only the car and not have me in them.

However I’d like to share some pictures which are not of the Linea but the birthplace of Fiat. – Italy where I had taken a vacation in 2009.

Thanks Arun 1100.
Fiat 1100 has becoming iconic in India. In Mumbai especially we still have those 1100 D cabs plying around. Riding them is like a getting in a time capsule.

Thanks Bnzjon.
I am sure we all Linea owners will be thinking almost alike. Afterall we all love the same car.

Thanks Gopikb.
You’ll enjoy going to Italy a lot. I had noticed earlier that in the western world, one doesn’t see too many same car models on the streets at the same time like we do in India as number car manufacturers and car models is pretty high. What surprised me in Italy was the amount of Grande Puntos on the streets even though they are manufactured there.

Thanks Arishi. It’s a charm indeed to own and drive the Fiat.

I appreciate all the snippets you guys are providing in my Motor Car Diary.

This is some place for us car lovers to pour out our hearts in words to describe what cars means to us.

As I write one more page in the diary, I feel I won’t be the only one to think like this…

Waxing our Car
Some Sunday morning, when I start to wax the car, I really don’t know when to stop. After waxing and polishing the car for two hours, you finally are standing in front of the car to admire the beauty and the clear gloss. Your mind says that the job is done when you see your reflection on the metal, but your heart says it needs more. You then again take out the wax box and apply one more coat of wax all over the car. You keep polishing in a trance and dream of the sweet euphoria one gets when you take the shiny beauty out in the evening.

The best part is when someone compliments the car for the shine – you glee like a kid who has won some competition in school.

First Scratch
We know how painful it is to see the first scratch on our car. I had read a while back in the papers that a certain research has proved that some humans can actually feel someone else’s pain when they see the other person in agony. Seeing that first scratch on the car is such a horrid feeling be it my linea or any other linea on the streets. As I sat sulking at home the other day thinking about the scratch my linea had got and that too which was not for any fault of mine. This occurred when the car was parked and some other car or bike must have touched it.

Seeing me in that state, my wife comes to me and says-, “What are you so upset about – It’s just a little scratch and no one can even notice it”

On hearing this, I felt like screaming or crying but good sense prevailed and I meekly tell my wife…

Baby – You just won’t understand!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-1871.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-682.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-1988.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-2230.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-2466.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-2392.jpg  

Old 25th March 2010, 17:34   #23

Rajbhai, I do for a fact know exactly what you're talkin' about. Even though I've owned mine for the past 4 months I still can't keep my paws off her.She's not the one to be mauled but caressed. I'm always try to crane my neck out so as to see her reflection or even more so another linea passing by. I feel this is one car that's best done justice to by watching her glide by you. And yes we Linea owners do look at each as we pass by... I, for one, have started giving every Linea owner I see on the roads the. A Linea fraternity in the making. I don't think there's another car that's so SEDUCTIVE! Driving her is a totally different story. It's like you have finally possessed her.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

very nice thread Raj,
being a Fiat owner i concur to most of the points mentioned in the first post
like, seeing the reflection on a glass building, parking at a visible location and checking time and again .I do the same when i see another punto on the road , i sometimes flash my lights if its coming from the opposite direction .

enjoy the beauty.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:16   #25
BHPian

Thanks Sammy & Schumi.

This weekend, I was driving around the city with friends. I managed to get some pictures to upload here. This is the first batch..
Attached Thumbnails
Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-031.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-032.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-035.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-036.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-037.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-052.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-053.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-054.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-055.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-056.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 17:18   #26
BHPian

Some more pictures. I have taken these near a beautiful building in Mumbai. There are plenty of such landmark spots. I'll try capturing them in my camera next time I am passing by.

I was born in Mumbai and as any true Mumbaikar I also have a deep bond with the city. Here I am trying to link my love for the car and my city (no pun intended)
Attached Thumbnails
Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-089.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-090.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-091.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-092.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-093.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-094.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-095.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-096.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-098.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-100.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 18:10   #27
BHPian

Some more..

There are some which I took after dark alongside Marine drive. Please excuse as a few are very blurred.
Attached Thumbnails
Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-099.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-102.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-171.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-172.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-173.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-174.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-176.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-177.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-178.jpg  

Why Do I Love my Fiat Linea !!!-picture-179.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 20:34   #28
J.Ravi

My Fiat Linea in Marine Drive

My Fiat Linea sharing the glory of Marine Drive!

Old 31st March 2010, 13:17   #29
BHPian

Nice pictures, J Ravi.

I studied in KC college - Churchgate which is very close to the spot where you took your pictures. Reminds me of the good old college days.
Old 31st March 2010, 17:14   #30
J.Ravi

Thanks a lot, RajBajwa, for the compliments.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks