Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 15:12   #1
JLN
BHPian

My Indica Turbo DLG 83000 kms ownership report

Model: Oct 2005 Turbo DLG - Bright Red
KMS: 83,000
Use: City and multiple long drives
Ownership Experience: Quite Satisfied - car is comfortable for a small family even on long drives. Driving in the city is OK, parking, reversing etc. very easy. The turbo factor is a boon in the highways - very comfortable to cruise till about 110. Beyond that, I get jittery - don't feel that I have great control beyond 130. Loads of space - Honda Jazz talks about magic seats, the indica has a 60:40 double fold seat and the space it offers is fantastic.
Maintenance: I do oil changes quicker than what is recommended. So the engine still seems really good and smooth. Body rattles are there - nothing major. Most expensive non scheduled maintenance so far has been to do with the ac unit - spent about 8K on that alone. Other than that only regular rmaintenance. Having said this, I somehow seem to be taking this car more often to the workshop than my santro AT. maybe because of the higher usage - but a small niggle here and there requires me to take it to the workshop more often.
Mileage: Haven;t measured milage diligently. But I get 13+ in the city with 100% AC. On highways used to touch 19, now it is closer to 17. I drive as I please - so a careful driver should get 1-2 kms more per litre.

Summary: True VFM car. Very pleased that I bought this car. Now that it is touching 5 years and having clocked reasonable miles, am wondering whether to dispose it off while the car is still good or hold on to it till problems start creeping up. Long term reliability of the engine is my prime concern.

Last edited by JLN : 12th March 2010 at 15:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks