Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2012, 16:33   #256
BHPian

re: Life with a Fiat Punto *UPDATE* Car sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~VinZ~~ View Post
And the problems with my Punto continues. Since 4th service (45k) i have been facing several issues with my car (now at 58k) and yesterday morning suddenly the engine noise changed, i could feel there is some extra noise and when the turbo goes 1500 to 200 and there is some other noise. All in all i felt there is something serious problem about the car. it has not gone down yet and i am planning to go to service station to check.

but because of some situations at home i am not able to and i cannot leave car for a day too. Any comments on this? why this could be coming? I am a little concerned because its a never ending problem in my car now...
Is it like a humming noise? is it caused when you switch on the AC or just while the engine is running without AC?

I had a humming noise recently, serviced only yesterday at 55K KMS. it was the issue with Electro Fan, bearings getting loose (as per the SE).

Got it fixed now and its super smooth. cant believe they did such a good job.

I have only one issue left, when i leave the brake, i hear a Kiss sound, not sure how to get rid of it though
Old 1st December 2012, 21:18   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Punto visits hills and Jungles in Uttarakhand, goes off roading on Jungle trails. The chassis never fails to impress, so does the suspension setup, wish it had 100 more Horses(not ponies) and more comfortable seats.

I was redlining all the time and still managed 15.5 kpl for the whole trip..

Life with a Fiat Punto *UPDATE* Car sold-dsc_9796.jpg

Life with a Fiat Punto *UPDATE* Car sold-dsc_9770.jpg

Life with a Fiat Punto *UPDATE* Car sold-dsc04260.jpg
.anshuman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 09:07   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

The cigarette lighter socket had become loose, it was not holding the Motorola charger properly so i decided to fix it with a metal screw driver with ignition on , result was a blown fuse.

Changing a fuse is 2 minute job but the fuse box cover in my car is tricky to close so i decided to drop in to the nearest TASS- Delta near sec 56. They took about an hour to fix the fuse(including the paperwork which took most of the time). One wiper blade was replaced as they did not have other in stock. This workshop seemed better than the other TASS i have visited i Gurgaon.

Rear fog lamp bulb has also gone bust but since they quoted few more hours for the job i will get it fixed later.

I will have to find other 2 wiper blades now.

Kilometers done= 58XXX
Old 11th January 2013, 21:21   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
They took about an hour to fix the fuse(including the paperwork which took most of the time).
Hi Anshuman,

Did they charge anything for the fuse replacement? Are you aware if an official list of charges for standard "jobs" exist for FIAT? Say, for something as simple like changing a fuse to a serious activity, like changing the clutch assembly.

(I know it does for a Hyundai, or do I...?)

With best regards,

Ranajay

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 11th January 2013 at 21:22.
Old 21st January 2013, 23:29   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

The red italian beauty finds a new home, my Punto is sold. Sold it for 4 lakh rupees. Replacement car is not yet finalised, all i know is- it will be a crossover.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2013, 01:25   #261
Senior - BHPian

Thats sad. Any particular reason for selling it?

All the best with your new purchase. Still remember your post which praised the Punto on various fronts while you traded in the Swift.
Old 22nd January 2013, 02:54   #262
BHPian

I have been following this thread since it was started; sad to see it come to an end. If possible, please share the reason behind the decision to sell the Punto - due to need for bigger vehicle OR due to niggling issues (or after service).

Quote:
The red italian beauty finds a new home, my Punto is sold. Sold it for 4 lakh rupees. Replacement car is not yet finalised, all i know is- it will be a crossover.
Old 22nd January 2013, 08:43   #263
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
All the best for the new one. Looks like getting ready for an Ecosport ? !
Punto experience sure seems to have been a good one.
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:41   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

My Punto was a wonderful car, agreed the support was pathetic and some localisation was poor, this apart my car was a joy to own and my ownership experience has been great till date, not without a reason there are so many Puntos and a Linea with my friends and family. The car is sold just because Dad wanted an upgrade to SUV, since he drove Punto all the time these years and he is a petrolhead as well (he follows tbhp on his android regularly ), its his decision.

In 2009 my Punto was quite a big upgrade over my Swift vdi abs. It still looked so gorgeous in red, i kept staring at her all the time, easily the most beautiful car i have owned.

Last edited by .anshuman : 22nd January 2013 at 10:44.
.anshuman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 12:03   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Punto replacement has arrived

Life with a Fiat Punto *UPDATE* Car sold-20130124_154517.jpg

XUV 500 W8 AWD

THE END of ownership thread..see you guys in the next ownership thread. Let me log a few miles before i start a new thread.

This Thread=Closed.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks