Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2006, 13:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

We use IOC 91 in all our cars and it's done a pretty good job so far.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd December 2006, 20:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

ok Thank you for the reply,

I had contacted Shell people for their Petrol and octane value. this is what they replied.

======
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Dear Sir,[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Shell Super and Shell regular petrol contain shell proprietry additives that enhance engine performance and keep it clean. Both the grades of petrol are 91 Octane. For most of the Indian cars and 2 wheelers except very few high end imported fuel, 91 Octane is appropriate.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]To get the best results, I recommend thar you consistently use Shell Super petrol.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Regards,[/SIZE][/FONT]

=======

So its good that even Shell normal Petrol comes with Octane 91. Since my Innova's first owner used normal Petrol from good Petrol Bunks always I will continue to use normal Shell Petrol which is 91 octane. Toyota recomands normal Petrol. If its 91 octane they said it is even better. So shell is the petrol for Innova.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 6th December 2006, 21:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Fuel Economy about my Innova, In Bangalore congested traffic with 50% AC on, my Innova returned around 7.5kmpl, Next week I am travelling in highway I will come back with Fuel Economy on highway.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th December 2006, 16:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am back from trip, average it gave me 10.5kmpl as FE on highway. Its great drive/travel in Innova for sure, very comfortable and practical car in India is Innova.

One more point I would like to mention is vehicle used to produce vistle type sound, I thought something not right with steering or something else.. I carefully studied all situation and came to know within 3 hrs. vistle sound starts when outside Air Circlulation is on while travelling and when we speed up or slow down or take slight turns and when car is above 80+ in ODO. However I am double checking with service centre about this.

This reminded me case of Suhas's Fiesta and Metro Ford. He mentioned when he heard noice from steering on highway he asked Metro Ford to check his car and they met with accident as per what I read in this website. Hopefully what (it makes vistle type noice when air circulation is on) I found with my Innova is not the same situation of actual problem of Suhas's Fiesta.

Another funny thing -> my driver didn't cross 110kmph speed even on golden quadrilateral between Haveri and Bangalore in my petrol Innova. He used to touch 125kmph as top speed in my Swift. May be he needs more driving in Innova to touch 150kmph.

Hey Shan, Can you tell me whats the top speed you could achieve with your Petrol Innova ?

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 3rd January 2007, 16:24   #35
BHPian

"points to remember about Petrol Innova is

1. We need to make sure Fuel Bunk guys fill petrol not diesel."

This point by Ravi was hilarious!!
Old 3rd January 2007, 16:35   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I am back from trip, average it gave me 10.5kmpl as FE on highway. Its great drive/travel in Innova for sure, very comfortable and practical car in India is Innova.

One more point I would like to mention is vehicle used to produce vistle type sound, I thought something not right with steering or something else.. I carefully studied all situation and came to know within 3 hrs. vistle sound starts when outside Air Circlulation is on while travelling and when we speed up or slow down or take slight turns and when car is above 80+ in ODO. However I am double checking with service centre about this.

This reminded me case of Suhas's Fiesta and Metro Ford. He mentioned when he heard noice from steering on highway he asked Metro Ford to check his car and they met with accident as per what I read in this website. Hopefully what (it makes vistle type noice when air circulation is on) I found with my Innova is not the same situation of actual problem of Suhas's Fiesta.

Regards,

Ravi.
do you by any chane have a baggage carrier on your roof? that causes it sometimes.
Old 3rd January 2007, 16:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi View Post
"points to remember about Petrol Innova is
1. We need to make sure Fuel Bunk guys fill petrol not diesel."
This point by Ravi was hilarious!!
I know of a case where the new driver filled petrol in a diesel Ikon .
My friend owns a petrol Indica. He is extremely cautious while visiting a bunk to ensure the attendent their fills petrol instead of diesel.
Old 3rd January 2007, 18:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

just bought a 25000km old innova.. fully loaded

and took it for to my family farmhouse in jharkhand.. about 250 kms away
the road after kharagpur is the worst i'v ever seen..

the drive in the innova was very comfortable.. amazing ride quality
11 kmpl, top speed of 150kmph (diesel )
but the problem was that the car had 7 ppl.. with luggage
that made the car even lower than it is... and the under carriage hit bumps a few times

is there any way to increase the ride height ?
and are any other innoca owners facing this problem ?

Last edited by Hatari : 3rd January 2007 at 18:31.
Old 3rd January 2007, 21:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hi Hatari,

One important point (you may already know) when there is full load Toyota suggests make sure your tyre pressure measured accurately. Front tyres 33psi, rear tyres 34psi, this is measurement when you check cold tyre pressure thats when you have not travelled 10km still, best time is morning. I suggest you can maintain 34psi for all tyres as cold tyre pressure.

I never noticed Innova hitting bumps or any rocks even while travelling very very bad roads. Already I travelled in my Innova very bad mud roads in hilly areas. Swift used to touch ground sometimes but this Innova (although as per tech. spec swift's ground clearence 170mm and Innova's 176mm as I read in mannual..) never touched because of its highly stable suspension make Innova ride solid without hitting any obstacles like road hump, rocks etc..

Since Innova is heavy car I feel it all depends on tyre pressure and since it has 176mm ground clearence one can't drive fast in bad roads because
it will hit rocks in sush cases, IF road is very bad drive slowly things should be alright Please check for any loose parts under engine or front/rear suspension unit. Toyota can help you thats one best solution. Please get in touch with them, I always reecived good answers from them so far.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th January 2007, 01:32   #40
Senior - BHPian

hey ravi..
i actually made it a point to fill 33psi & 35 psi ( front & rear ) first thing in the morning.. having hardly travelled 2 kms

will talk to the service centre to figure out why its so low at next service
Old 22nd March 2008, 14:46   #41
BHPian

turbocharged?

hey guys just wanted to know if the innova diesel has a turbocharged engine or not, im planning on buying one pretty soon but jus wanted to know about this part
Old 22nd March 2008, 15:42   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikin_sampat View Post
hey guys just wanted to know if the innova diesel has a turbocharged engine or not, im planning on buying one pretty soon but jus wanted to know about this part
yes it does. all modern diesel engines are turboed.
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:08   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shan, Akshay,

My AUG. 2005 manufactured Innova's stock Exide battery gave up a day back, I exchanged it for TATA Green battery with 15 months warranty for 3000/-

Whats your latest and overall feedback about Innova's Battery?

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 13th November 2008, 21:52   #44
BHPian

hi shan2nu,
just wanted to know your g3 model(petrol) has got tubeless tires?
secondly can you pls let me know waht is the average your car gives in city?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks