Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2011, 16:05   #1
DNM
BANNED

'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)

Maruti Suzuki, in the year 2005, launched their limited edition on their hatchback wagon, The WagonR Primea with a few minor changes in the body exterior and interior.
The WagonR Primea had more features than the LXi and less than the VXi.
A few changes were:-
1) Two-tone beige and wooden finished interiors
2) Fog-lamps
3) Alloy Wheels
4) Chrome muffler cap (Chrome exhaust pipe)
5) Two-tone, two spoke, leather finished steering wheel
6) Newly designed speedometer, with a halo effect
7) Key-less entry
Its been nearly 4 years and 10months since I have been owning the WagonR Primea, and till date, it has never disappointed us, being a small hatchback. We bought the Primea as our second car, in replacement of the ‘little heart’ Maruti Suzuki 800, on 30th March, 2006.
Today, it has struck close to 30k on its ODO and has been a beauty on the roads.
These are a few reasons why I love this car:-
1) Parking has always been hassle-free with this car.
2) The steering wheel feels like butter while cruising.
3) Driving this car in the city is easy and the engine feels just fine.
4) The ground-clearance is perfect for Mumbai roads.
5) Maintenance of this car is also cheap and major damages have always been easy on the pocket.
6) The new interior gives a feel of richness and pride when you drive it.

Every car cannot be perfect, can they?
1) Engine feels a bit low on highways and cannot speed more than 130km/hr.
2) The gearbox always rattles in potholes and bumps.
3) Shifting of gears is never easy. It takes a little pain to shift it to the 1st or the 3rd.
4) Being a Maruti, rattling noises are never diagnosed.
4) Legroom in the back is bad. When I drive the car, it becomes difficult for another person of average height to sit behind me!

A few major accidents did happen:-
1) The windscreen broke when it was 2 months old when the opposite building was under construction and a little stone broke my love’s glasses.
2) A small leakage was found in the windscreen during its 2nd year, which damaged the audio system. We had a Maruti Pioneer cassette receiver as factory fitted and later changed it to a Sony Xplod, with Aux, CD and USB support.
3) The battery gave problems and was replaced recently with new ones, in December 2010.
Other miscellaneous problems, like door rattling, engine producing squeaky sounds were rectified during services.

The mileage of this car is never contenting. It gives closely to 9km/hr in city, which is heart aching. Maruti Suzuki has not been able to rectify it even after talking about it for over a year. Our running is about 400/450km per month, very average use, as it’s a second car.

Here are a few pictures of my car.
Do feel free to comment or advice anything!
Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)-s6003358.jpg  

'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)-s6003364.jpg  

'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)-s6003362.jpg  

'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)-s6003356.jpg  

'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)-1.jpg  

'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)-s6003352.jpg  

'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)-s6003382.jpg  

'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)-s6003371.jpg  

'05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)-s6003368.jpg  

Old 24th January 2011, 17:45   #2
BANNED

Re: WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)

great review DNM and a nicely written report. The color scheme looks great and the beige and wooden feels good on the wagonR. But IMO, you should not test the wagonr by driving it at a 130kph. WagonR is a car which is meant for cruising and not hard acceleration. And even if your car does a 130kph, it is very good!
Being a former wagonr owner, i know exactly what you mean by saying that the steering feels like butter while city cruising and the handling is fantastic. Enjoy the car Upload many more pictures too.
Old 26th January 2011, 14:14   #3
DNM
BANNED

Re: '05 Maruti WagonR Primea Ownership Review, 30000km (with pictures)

thank you DMehta. I will surely upload more pictures very soon!
Old 26th January 2011, 21:09   #4
BANNED

I noticed that the black strip on the door has been removed. This does not look good DNM, plz get some new ones ASAP!
Old 27th January 2011, 09:42   #5
DNM
BANNED

Yes, the black strip on the sides of my doors are off, and i need to replace them. unfortunately, the service centre claims a repaint on all the four doors of my car and then fixing new stripes again.
so i need to think about it as the paintjob will be a little hard on my pocket.
thanks anyway!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks