Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2011, 21:08   #1
BHPian

1.5 years & 15,000 kms in my first car, Maruti Wagon R

It was a love it hate it and falling in love again relationship and now we are unseperable.

Its something i guess to be felt & can't be explained. But after spending so many hours together exploring new paths whenever we got the opportunity, i can say me and my Wagon R are a true couple.

As we spent two and a half years together and reached 15,000 in the odo i though this is a good time to say a well deserved thank you to my partner "Waru".

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 1st February 2011 at 21:10.
Old 1st February 2011, 23:13   #2
BHPian

Re: 1&a half year & 15,000 km in my first car, Wagon R

The first car i could remember is my dads Ambassodor. During our yearly visit to grand parents place we had to stop from time to time open the bonnet let the smoke pass and the driver would run into the paddy fields to fetch some water. When we used to get bored we would climb from back to front or the other way through the sofa like amby seats.

Years down the line the old amby dissapeared and came a small box with wooden bench type chairs in to our garage, a Maruti Omni. I don'tremember the year when this shift happened, but since then its been a Maruti that i have known.

So when i was able to buy my own car finally in July 2009, it had to be a Maruti. Alto, Estillo and the Wagon R was the three cars i saw and finally decided on the later as i found it to be airy.
Old 1st February 2011, 23:30   #3
BHPian

The sales guys kept on calling reminding me of a discount deadline, on 29th July i finally went to the dealer for the formalities. To my surprise they delivered me the vehicle that day itself. So i came home with a red Wagon R and told dad. Then the customery trip to a Ganesh temple and christened the vehicle 'Waru'. So our journey together started.

I was a new driver with less than 100 km in my log book, it took me some time to tame the machine. The confidence came once i took Waru to the Meghalya hills and finally the Arunachal Himalayas.

As i look back, the most satisfying drive was to take Dad & mom to Shillong. And the saddest taking dad to diagnosis centre for FNSE & later to hospital for his ray sessions. Now dad is no more but i am happy that he sat on my Waru and we travelled together, afterall it was he who taught me to drive.
Attached Thumbnails
1.5 years & 15,000 kms in my first car, Maruti Wagon R-xxx.jpg  

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 2nd February 2011 at 00:05.
Old 2nd February 2011, 08:15   #4
BHPian

Now in the age of high tech & seductive yet affordable small car offering from Ford, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Volks Wagon etc i doubt how many would go for a boxy look ageing Wagon R. But just as i had my reason to bring one home, there would hopefully be few others as well.

My first step towards zeroing in on the Waru was because its a Maruti, so i could trust it 100% for even 10-15 years and not worry about maintenence. After all Maruti's offering are known to be fill it shut it & forget it stuff. Even in case of trouble ther's Maruti service centre in the remotest of places and parts available easily.

Secondly i don't like vehicles which has the roofline too close to my head and the front glass too close to face.

And third & finally it came within my 3.5 budget.

In the begining i had problems with the back gear which Maruti service guys said would dissapear with time and so it did. That apart, Waru gave me no trouble whatsoever in the last 18 months.

The few things i changed and added later were:

1. Louder Hella horn
2. 90/100 Osram headlemp
3. 3 pairs of Taiwanese (DLAA) fog light
4. Hella wiper blades
5. Extra rim & tyre
6. Pioneer music system
7. Garware & Llumer sun film
8. Extra large korean mirror
9. New air filter

Trouble shoot:

1. Two punctures
2. Dead battery once as headlights remained on
Attached Thumbnails
1.5 years & 15,000 kms in my first car, Maruti Wagon R-.jpg  

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 2nd February 2011 at 08:37.
Old 3rd February 2011, 13:10   #5
BHPian

Odo

No driving hours on tag but 15,000 km on the road is good enough for me as a new driver to take on a tough road.

1.5 years & 15,000 kms in my first car, Maruti Wagon R-san197_2.jpg

Last edited by San Phrangmung : 3rd February 2011 at 13:17.
Old 4th February 2011, 19:05   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 1.5 years & 15,000 kms in my first car, Maruti Wagon R

Congratulations on the car! Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.).

This thread is temporarily closed. Please PM me or report this post once you are ready to update with a complete driving report; that's when it shall be re-opened. Thanks for your support.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks