Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2011, 10:16   #1
BHPian

Maruti Estilo | 2years/5000kms + Another 2Years/36000kms = 41000kms

Here comes another 41000kms review.

Vehicle: Zen Estilo, LXi (Petrol Head)

The car was initially bought considering my dad and was driven only 5k in 2 years.

Then came the time when I recovered from my knee surgery ( After the NOMAD's Mahabaleshwar Incident: Trip and Recovery ), I was bound to drive a 4 wheeler.

Two years back, when I recovered from my accident, destiny had another accident planned for me (though a sweet one), my marriage.

With ongoing knee issue and marriage factor (where most of the trips included my family), I was bound to use Estilo.

Initially, I was never a fan of Estilo (not even close to the experience I had with my RD). But as they say that one grows up with the car... me too.

For my 6'1" height, I soon found that Estilo is comfortable on long drives (even considering my knee issue) due to its high seating.

Today, I completed 41k on my Estilo of which 36k alone comes from last 2 years.

All this while, after bearing the high maintinance cost of my RD, I became a fan of Maruti for its reliability/*** (though the high cost of maintanance for RD came only coz of my long trips).

Other than normal servicing, all I spent on Estilo was for wheel balancing and some puncture repairs.

I will be adding more details to this Long Term ESTILO ownership thread (currently taking ideas from other long term reviews).

I would also appreciated if you, my fellow BHPians can line up a "to do check list" for 40k servicing. (Never left my Estilo alone at *** while servicing, so want to have the checks step by step this time).

Help appreciated in advance.

While editing this thread, went through the following link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...checklist.html

But if there is anything specific please do let me know. I will be adding the updates to this thread.

Meanwhile, here is link to on of trip (though not the only one. Time constraints keep me from uploading trips. Will try to upload soon)

Estilo @ Malshej - 2010 - a set on Flickr
nomadabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2011, 10:43   #2

re: Maruti Estilo | 2years/5000kms + Another 2Years/36000kms = 41000kms

Hello,

Yesterday I got my Estilo Lxi (2007) serviced at 40574 Kms.
Got the following done:
-Spark Plugs changed-440/
-Coolant changed-207/
-Gear Oil Changed-760/
-Engine oil changed to Shell Helix HX5 AZ 5W30-1075/
-Oil filter,fuel filter,air cleaner, changed.
-Disc Brake cleaning-300/
-wheel alignment balancing weights,distill water etc....

Few extras:
-Fuel injection system cleaner-575/
-Engine Decarbonizing-625/
-Dry cleaning

The total bill amount was 7800/

The car was serviced at Rohan Motors-Noida,UP.
Hope this helps.
estilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2011, 13:58   #3
BANNED

Re: Maruti Estilo | 2years/5000kms + Another 2Years/36000kms = 41000kms

Great to hear that you are enjoying the car. Please post some pictures too! Any rattling from the car?
DMehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2011, 17:27   #4
BHPian

I recently did 20k servicing for my 2007 Jun Estilo LXi.

Was charged similarly. Actually Sai Service had smartly included some in situ carbon removal from cylinders for some 2k which I contested and got waived prior handing over car for servicing.

On an average Estilo cheap to maintain car. The average off-late dropped from 20.3 to 18.8. However my town conditions these days are so so dusty that I am thinking of renewing airfilter now.

I came very close to trading off this car for Grande mkii. However family pressure and wallet pressure stopped it from happening and I am overtly happy to not have done it.

I tried 3 different sets of wheelcaps so far. First two blew off as they were press fit. The third one cracked within 2 months of fitting by Sai Guys however I took the vehicle delivery at night and did not notice and was too busy to follow up later.

However now some noises are creeping in. Planning to take it to *** soon.

Anyways it is nice to see other Estilo owners too satisfied.

Rgds.
sindabad.sailor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2011, 11:07   #5
BHPian

@Estilo, @DMehta, @Sindabad.sailor,

Good to hear from you guys.

As said before, I used to curse the time I got Estilo not knowing that it would finally come in my hands with daily running of 72kms and additional kms on weekends.
But all I complained was about the power feeling as I was too cozy with the output of my RD350. Soon, I tried our Old Honda City but obviously that initial power was missing.

Recently I also tried getting into an Aria (owned by my mech's owner) and surprisingly I have to pull the driver's seat all the way back to be comfortable. While in Estilo, I only have to take it back by 1 notch.

Biggest thing is that my parents are too comfy with it (ingress/outgress) is at a level wherein you do not have to jump in or get at low level.

Yes the plastic quality is flimsy, After 5 years, the window glass when kept half open do rattle, I miss dead pedal as I underwent a left knee surgery, But for a family of 4 it is just perfect. Atleast my family likes it and that is what matters most. And the best part of it is that there is almost negligeable maintainance cost. Boot space is wide open (almost rectangle).

I actually started felling in love with Estilo when one fine day had a 4'x2' galss top center table broken and had to take it for repair. Thought of giving it a try by flipping down the rear seats and it fit in perfectly. The second time was when I needed urgent dilivery of a 2ton window AC.

Flipped down the rear seat. me and my dad on front seat and the 2 labors were sitting on either edge of the flipped seat with a 2 ton AC. What else can you wish for .

Even a sedan would not be able to do so and I would had shed some moolas for transport and octroi.

Will post pics and travelogue soon as I get time. Next week heading to Tadoba Andhari.
Old 24th March 2011, 09:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

Estilo is a good looking car and the boot space is simply awesome for its size.

The space on dash is enourmous, and its a Mini MPV for sure.

You have lovingly maintained the car and it shows.
Things which i would like to see in near future

1) Body kit
2) Matt Black alloys / Simply paint the rims Black
3) Racing stripes to prep up the looks
4) Colour the B pillar black to give continuity.
5) Fibre Crash guard which would add to its looks at front.

Keep piling those miles since Maruti is always gonna make u Smile
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 09:28   #7
BHPian

60K Kms crunched under wheels so far. Only change is the shoes (Michelin XM +) and Brake pads.

Brake Pads 2.5k total bill including labor
Four Shoes 13k
Old 23rd December 2011, 12:27   #8
BHPian

Now @ 68000KMS and She is still young @ 3Years

Use: Daily running on about 80kms and bimonthly trips.
Driving: Varied from being Sedate to Tricky and even testing the limits
Roads: Smooth E-ways to Mumbai Pot holes to Non-Existent Roads

Major Changes till now:

Brake Pads and Disks ( I like changing the whole functional set)
Front Suspension Bushings
ROD-TENSION Front left & right ( Coz of my driving as I do not slow down much on potholes and gravel roads )
Show upgrade to Mich XM1+ ( This was the major one as it changed the handling and the ride quality alot, much more than expected)

Apart from this regular servicing every 10000kms

Sedate driving not crossing 80-90 kms returned me 14.6kmpl in city with 50% AC

Top Speed Attained is 165kmph

Never got anything below 12kmph even with high speeds

Seating positions very comfortable (rear do have less space but a perfect match to my family), infact they like the ingress/outgress.
Old 9th July 2012, 13:41   #9
BHPian

Did this when my car was only 3700 Kms old and as on today my Estilo is 47,000 Kms old and still going strong and raring to go. I have done more than 10 500+ Kms drive-in-a-day with 3/4 adults and weekend luggage comfortably.

It has been my daily ride to my workplace for last 4 years and has literraly been a part of me since tha day I took her home.

Major repair till now was a complete Clutch overhaul about 8 months back. But I regularly take my car to after Sales Service every 3-4 months and right before every road trip - engine oil change, oil filter change, air filter cleaning, spark plug cleaning/replacement, nut and bolt tightening,what Maruti calls ' Running Repair' !

Me and my family are so very happy with Estilo, and although theres a little bit of rattle after so many kilometers,am keeping this with me till it lasts.

Last edited by Eddy : 9th July 2012 at 14:01. Reason: Pls do not post pics showing extremely high driving speeds.
ultimatechamp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 18:06   #10

Hello Everybody,

Are you still keeping your estilos?

I have mine turning 6 years and clocked 70K.

Its time now to have the front shockers and rear suspension checked.

Any advice from people?

Please post your Zen Estilo experiences as well.

Thanks
estilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 17:27   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by estilo View Post
Hello Everybody,

Are you still keeping your estilos?

I have mine turning 6 years and clocked 70K.

Its time now to have the front shockers and rear suspension checked.

Any advice from people?

Please post your Zen Estilo experiences as well.

Thanks
I have a Zen Estilo that I bought in Dec 2007. It'll complete 10years this year. About 41,000 on ODO.

Have had no major issues so far. Things that were replaced -

Break Pads
Cluth Assembly (at 40,000km service)

Other than the above two it is mostly consumables like Wiper blades, tyres, batteries etc.

I am tempted to change the car to an automatic. But, since our driving is rather sparse (About 300-400km /month), we decided to keep it for another 2-3yrs.
hkollar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 10:10   #12
BHPian

Hi..
I have a 2008 Estilo Lxi which is lying with just 60k km. It's usage is just around 20-30km a week. I want to give it a complete overhaul and make it spanking new. Kindly suggest me the steps I have to do. I have started with the below points.
1. Original color was olive. Now its faded but still looks good in the shade So just wax polishing.
2.Change to alloy wheels.
3. Put leather seat cover.
Kindly give your suggestions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks