Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 15:41   #16
BHPian

Re: Help in deciding on a new Car 30L OTR Mumbai

I second Plazaturbo, the Q3 has been doing the rounds of worli seaface, seen it early last week. It should be attractively priced, unsure if audi would offer any interest reductions etc, but would be a better option than the x1.
Have you considered the Nissan Teana, somehow the white with the sky roof-glass roof looks awesome to me and the otterman seats, good options as well, should be in your budget.
Old 24th October 2011, 22:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Got a BMW X1 , so that would be my choice . In Chennai itself it came around 35 Laks OTR for the base model. Think it might be slightly cheaper for you there. It's a blast to drive. Not so bad for 3 adults in the back seat.

Trust me. If you're going to be driving it most of the time alone. This is the car to get. It just blasts pasts cars on the highway as if they were auto rickshaws and that steering feel is so so awesome.

But as Platzturbo mentioned you could wait for the Q3 as well.
Old 25th October 2011, 13:32   #18
BHPian

You mentioned your budget is 32 lacs. If you can extend just 5 lacs more then you can get a 520 D for 37 lacs ON ROAD! Yes, with current discounts thats what it comes to. Its a fabulous car and a whole segment higher than the cars you're looking at. Totally value for money. Talk to Navnit, a friend of mine has just bought one from them for this price.
Old 25th October 2011, 14:03   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
You mentioned your budget is 32 lacs. If you can extend just 5 lacs more then you can get a 520 D for 37 lacs ON ROAD! Yes, with current discounts thats what it comes to. Its a fabulous car and a whole segment higher than the cars you're looking at. Totally value for money. Talk to Navnit, a friend of mine has just bought one from them for this price.
Are you sure 37 OTR for 520D? So what is the net ex-showroom price he got and where did he register the car?
Old 25th October 2011, 14:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

A completely different point of view:

Last saturday took my Civic for a service to Apex Honda at Worli. One of the guys told me they are offering a discount of around 1 to 1.25 lacs on the Accord. So the manual Accord is in the vicinity of 20 lacs OTR and auto should be around 22 lacs OTR. The balance of around 8 lacs should be enough for petrol for some time

All the best with your decision.

Cheers.
Old 1st November 2011, 15:09   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Are you sure 37 OTR for 520D? So what is the net ex-showroom price he got and where did he register the car?
The ex-showroom price is actually 37.5 lacs but because of the huge discounts offered he was able to get the car for 37 lacs on road. It is MH-01 (Mumbai) registered - Individual.
Old 1st November 2011, 17:37   #22
Senior - BHPian

520D ex-Mumbai (MH-01) is 39.xx. Getting it for 37.5 means a near 7 lakh discount on the 44.xx on road price.

If the above is still true, it would be interesting to know the discounted on-road price of the 320D highline considering it retails for 38 lakhs OTR Mumbai (hopethis is correct) without discounts.
Old 1st November 2011, 22:21   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
520D ex-Mumbai (MH-01) is 39.xx. Getting it for 37.5 means a near 7 lakh discount on the 44.xx on road price.

If the above is still true, it would be interesting to know the discounted on-road price of the 320D highline considering it retails for 38 lakhs OTR Mumbai (hopethis is correct) without discounts.
Man I got a much less discount on my 3. If the dude actually got 7 off on the 520d which is a more recent model and sells quite a bit I shudder to think what I could have got on the 3.
Old 4th November 2011, 19:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

If you have a driver, go for a bigger car - Superb, Passat or Accord. The low end German cars are small and rear seat is not at all comparable to the next level. Superb diesel auto should be well within your budget.

Else Get the new C diesel. I personally dislike the idea of "run flats", so BMW is out for me. The A4 is awesome, but way out of your budget.

My son drives an Accord and even though it is over 4 years old, drives like a dream. No entry level German can beat its rear seat comfort.

Last edited by Aroy : 4th November 2011 at 19:05.
Old 12th December 2011, 11:00   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
If you have a driver, go for a bigger car - Superb, Passat or Accord. .. No entry level German can beat its rear seat comfort.
I agreee but you forgot the Teana? Any reason?
Old 12th December 2011, 12:19   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I agreee but you forgot the Teana? Any reason?
Just slipped my mind.

For peace of mind I would always go with the manufacturer who has
. Bullet proof reliability
. Good A.S.S.
. Reasonable spares

As yet only Toyota and Honda have these. The other Japanese manufacturers have yet to expand their presence. Their sales are low and the A.S.S. is still an unknown entity.

Much as I like the German cars, they are priced at least one level above the major Japanese offerings. That is apart from their extremely expensive upkeep. Any day I have money to blow I will go for an E Class, till then sanity prevails.
Old 12th December 2011, 16:12   #27
Senior - BHPian

Are you in a hurry? If not, wait for the Audi Q3. Its definitely better than the BMW X1. You can consider the VW Passat if brand value is not the primary factor. From your list, I'd choose Merc C250 CDI. It got enough power and a fairly comfortable and spacious backseat. After the facelift, its the most beautiful too.
Old 12th December 2011, 17:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post

My 2 bits here, but about 2 weeks ago, I got a final quote of 26.5 from one of the dealers for the 3 Corporate edition. I've given this quote to the other dealer to see if they can match it or beat it, will know in a few days. All I can say that its the end of the year, Im sure good deals are bound to be there, you have to hunt for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks