Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which crossover would you choose?
Merc GLA 62 27.19%
Audi Q3 112 49.12%
BMW X1 54 23.68%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2015, 17:19   #31
BHPian

Re: Mercedes GLA-Class vs Audi Q3 vs BMW X1

Along with the top end premium plus of q3 and gla I think the baseline version Of q5 also is priced in the same range. What about that as an option?
Old 4th July 2015, 16:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Get the Q3. I bought mine as I am self driven and found the X1 to be too small and noisy and hard suspension.

The last straw was when the sales guy told me drive through a water puddle outside the showroom very slowly as " Sir, BMW's tend to stall in water". I had driven to the showroom through the same lane in my low slung civic.

Atleast you feel like sitting in a 40 lac car in the Audi not so with the BMW.

But as of today, I'd rather extend my budget and get a full size suv. Like ML class.
Planning to buy a car for my dad for his 60th Birthday.
Primary use to drive down to our farm in Konkan.
Manly used on Highways and 30 % on village roads.
He prefers SUV to Sedans. Self driven.

The car would be mostly used to commute on the highways from Alibag to Pune. I plan to keep my Fiesta in Pune for my wife and kid. Duster which is presently being used by my dad will be kept at our farm and used for daily run to the market.

Budget 40Lac.

Confused between BMW X1 (good deal after discount)
Mercedes GLA 200 CDI
Audi Q3 (Dad is not to keen on buying a Audi)

Contacted Shaman Mercedes in Mumbai. They said they had two GLA versions one which comes as a CBU and other as a CKD. The CKD once are cheaper as compared to the CBU but do not come with the same features (rain sensing wipers, Harman Kardon Music system,etc. I still haven't understood the fact that a CKD car comes with missing features and hence the reduction in price or because of import duty. The Sales Person is saying that he would give me a discount on the CBU version and price it close to CKD version.

X1 Is old and due for a replacement by 2016. I liked the handling of the car but was really worried after reading " Sir, BMW's tend to stall in water" Konkan area is prone to water logging and deep water filled potholes in village area. If i decide on an X1 what is the kind of discount i should bargain for.

Please advise at the earliest what to choose. i am confused as is a jump for my dad from duster to ?.

Thank you.
Old 6th April 2016, 20:12   #33
KMT
BHPian

Hi I have seen a used Audi Q3 petrol and am contemplating buying it.
Can you please share your experiences/opinions on the Q3 Tfsi.
My concern is that it sold in small numbers so parts and resale may be an issue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by KMT : 6th April 2016 at 20:14. Reason: Typo
Old 6th December 2019, 22:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Wonder how'd the odds stack up now, with newer versions of all the 3 SUVs in the market. My vote would go to the new GLA!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks