Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2006, 11:05   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I wouldnt agree with that. Someone from my wifes side has the E200K (which was on the lonavla drive report) and it has been plagued with electronic gremlins.

You appear to be an enthusiast, and the E Class has a very boring automatic. Its not a responsive slush box at all.....refined yes, but does not support enthusiastic driving.
The diesels are relatively trouble free - the petrol ones are the dogs
Not sure whether the auto is a good match for the puny 1.8 ltr compressor engine. One needs torque to make use of an auto boc
Old 14th September 2006, 22:33   #17

Re:

Guys, thanks for all the responses.. In reply to some of the posts, I want to make a few things clearer..
The E280CDI sold here is fully loaded, with Merc's new 7G-TRONIC, Xenons, the telephone installation, Luxury Climate Control & an elegance package.. So, thats not bad when compared to the E-Classes sold sometime back..
With regard to the Audi, I somehow feel that the interiors have a little too much of plastic, which was the case with the old E-Class.. Otherwise for the onroad price of around 58lacs, we get a Bose Surround system, Quattro arrangement and Audi's MMI Plus with some extras..
Coming to the BMW, it costs even more than the Audi. But, it does have more equipment like parking sensors, etc.. What worries me are those run-flat tyres that BMW provide, which is silly considering the roads in Bangalore these days..
Finally, as someone asked, I do use the car sportily sometimes.. I still keep the ESP warning triangle blinking away. But, my dad also uses the car on other days.. So, it need'nt be only sport and less luxury..
Thanks a lot again for all the advice..
Old 15th September 2006, 06:51   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiraikkonen77
.. What worries me are those run-flat tyres that BMW provide, which is silly considering the roads in Bangalore these days..

For a balanced view, read this

also find out cost of replacement tyre then go figure. You can also delete the run flat option

Last edited by ajmat : 15th September 2006 at 06:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks