Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 21:17   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Along with the Superb, I'd also take a long test-drive in the new Endeavour. It's a lot more luxurious & feature-packed now, and no longer feels like an old utilitarian body-on-frame SUV. Also, the Endeavour will feel a bit 'different' from the LWB sedan that you are already used to.

It's amazing you suggested the Endy. I'm such a fan of what the new Endy represents and couldn't help thinking even while I was writing that Endy would be a fab alternate as well. Didn't put it out because he had listed only sedans and Endy is out an out SUV.

But totally agree. If he's not opposed to the idea then the Endy is a great comparable segment alternative.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 21:51   #17
BHPian

I strongly feel that the camry hybrid should also be brought into contention.

No doubt its more expensive as compared to the superb, but has amazing reclinable rear seats.

For someone who doesn't want a/another skoda, it can definitely be an option.
kkkkkaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 22:20   #18
BHPian

Re: Replacing a Superb - BMW GT, Mercedes C220 or 3rd-gen Skoda Superb?

I second Karan ,Camry hybrid is a peace of mind car with luxury and comfort as its forte. I enjoy it more than my bmw 7 series and mind you I am not a exaggerating one bit.
The super silent engine ,rear reclining seat ,Controls for Audio - Ac on rear seat ,super soft suspension ,rear seat legroom ,understated looks ----- definitely needs to be considered as a serious contender.
vishal9999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 09:32   #19
BANNED

also check out the new 3 series. Luxury line.
Old 1st March 2016, 11:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think your dilemma is faced by a number of 2nd-gen Skoda Superb owners. What do they upgrade to? Cars from the big 3 luxury brands are in the same price-range, but the rear seat space is 1/3rd what they've been used to
You have read my mind.

Quote:
Whatever way you look at it, the C-Class is overpriced. I've never been a fan of the GT 320d, but I do understand its practicality.
Yes this holds true. For what the C-Class offers as compared to the 2016 Skoda Superb, it is way over priced. It still has better rear leg room than the BMW 3-Series though.

Quote:
Seems that you are lured by the badge and not much else. If that's the case, I wouldn't suggest either of these cars to you. You are already stretching your budget and remember, maintenance, insurance, repairs etc. will all be more expensive too.
Not lured by the badge really, but just wondering if the Merc or BMW would be a better buy and as of now I have understood that it is not the case

Quote:
If I was in your place, here's what I'd do.

1. New Skoda Superb. We haven't tested it yet, but have heard from fairly reliable sources that it is competent on the road. Along with the Superb, I'd also take a long test-drive in the new Endeavour. It's a lot more luxurious & feature-packed now, and no longer feels like an old utilitarian body-on-frame SUV. Also, the Endeavour will feel a bit 'different' from the LWB sedan that you are already used to.
We are looking for a luxury sedan only and not an SUV. My family is a huge Skoda fan; we have the Yeti Elegance 4X4, the Skoda Superb TDI AT and the Skoda Rapid TDI AT. I am the only one who drives a VW Polo 1.6.

Quote:
2. Pre-owned E-Class (5-Series is too cramped for a Superb owner). Very luxurious (much more so than the C-Class). You can get some beautiful in-warranty examples for 35 - 45 in Mumbai. Prices have already started to dip as the next-generation car isn't too far away. Take an extended warranty and you are 100% protected.
This was also an option but we loved the new E-Class better but it is totally out of our budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I am going a bit against the tide and replacing my Superb with the new X1. I am hoping BMW launches the petrol engines soon as I am more keen to get that than the diesel hence am waiting a few months.
We did check on the BMW X1 but it is no comparison to the Skoda Superb in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
I strongly feel that the camry hybrid should also be brought into contention.

No doubt its more expensive as compared to the superb, but has amazing reclinable rear seats.
I believe the Camry Hybrid is 40 lakhs on road. A neighbour of mine has just bought it and we were not impressed at all. Besides, we personally feel that the Skoda Superb has better road presence than the Toyota Camry Hybrid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
For someone who doesn't want a/another skoda, it can definitely be an option.
It is not that we do not want another Skoda. We were just checking to see if it was better to go for the bigger brands since Skoda increased the price of the Superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
also check out the new 3 series. Luxury line.
Rear leg room is incomparable to the Skoda Superb.
Old 1st March 2016, 12:12   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
It is not that we do not want another Skoda. We were just checking to see if it was better to go for the bigger brands since Skoda increased the price of the Superb.
It's probably worth waiting for the new Passat launch. It looks brilliant, and possibly more luxurious than the Superb.
Old 1st March 2016, 18:14   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Epic, great question. Read all the responses with interest as we will be in exactly this situation in a year's time when our well used Superb will exit and some new sedan will come in. For space, looks and interiors I would go with the new 3rd generation Superb. If you go for MT you reduce the risk of the troubles with the automatic in the 2nd generation. After Sales Service you will have to decide for yourself depending on how wired up you are in managing your local dealer. BMW 3 and Mercedes C will be a disappointment from rear seat space and leg room. The BMW 3 will be inferior in rear seat ride quality too in my opinion. The Camry Hybrid may be an option but having checked it out a year ago I'd say its interiors' classiness is not the same as the new Superb by a long margin. Also there are so many 3, C or A4's on the road in metros that I am not sure how many years before the badge value will fray at the edges.
Old 1st March 2016, 19:32   #23
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 1st March 2016 at 20:56.
AnInternetUser is offline   Received Infraction
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Thank you all for taking the time out to respond to my queries. We have finally booked a Business Grey Metallic Skoda Superb TDI AT in the L&K variant. Delivery is expected in two weeks.
Epic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:41   #25
BHPian

Good choice Epic. The colour choice is superb. Looking forward to ownership report and pics.AFAIK yours is the first booking on team Bhp. Am i right?
Old 3rd March 2016, 12:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Good choice Epic. The colour choice is superb. Looking forward to ownership report and pics.AFAIK yours is the first booking on team Bhp. Am i right?
Not sure about this but I guess so
Old 12th March 2016, 15:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Thank you all for taking the time out to respond to my queries. We have finally booked a Business Grey Metallic Skoda Superb TDI AT in the L&K variant. Delivery is expected in two weeks.
So we have got to know that delivery of our Skoda Superb will be delayed by over a month as they have not started manufacturing yet. They have given us a delivery date of between 15th to 20th April 2016. So I decided to test drive the Mercedes C 220 CDI Avantgarde today maybe still considering it over the Skoda Superb. I was however thoroughly disappointed with the experience.

I felt the C 220 underpowered as compared to the Superb and what really put me off is the lack of in-cabin space in the C 220 as compared to the Superb. I also did not understand the need of having a spare wheel in the boot of the C Class which ate up all the boot space. The Merc representative told me that the reason for this was because the Merc has crumple zones at the rear and in an event of a rear hit the tire tends to enter the rear cabin. He also said that there is no need of a spare as the car has run-flat tires. The spare can just be removed and kept at home if luggage needs to be put in the boot. Even without the spare, the trunk of the C Class was much smaller than the Superb. So we will probably stick to the Superb itself.
Epic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 15:17   #28
BHPian

Quote:
So I decided to test drive the Mercedes C 220 CDI Avantgarde today maybe still considering it over the Skoda Superb. I was however thoroughly disappointed with the experience.

I felt the C 220 underpowered as compared to the Superb and what really put me off is the lack of in-cabin space in the C 220 as compared to the Superb.
I couldn't agree with you more on this. A week back, I took test drives of the CLA 200d and the C220d back-to-back. I was thoroughly disappointed with the CLA (the petrol might be a different animal though) and kind of unimpressed by the C220d. Yes, the C-Class has the advantage of being a RWD and a respectable number of horses under its hood. But, apart from the coveted logo, I did not find any reason why one should pay 12-15L more to choose the C220d over the Superb.
Congratulations on choosing the new Superb (That too L&K)
Hope you have got the delivery by now. Let us know your ownership experience. And as a fellow Skoda owner, all the best to us on the A.S.S.
Old 26th April 2016, 12:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinmoy_s View Post
Hope you have got the delivery by now. Let us know your ownership experience. And as a fellow Skoda owner, all the best to us on the A.S.S.
Hi mrinmoy,

No we have not yet got delivery of our car. I have however seen a 2016 Superb on the road here in Mumbai. On enquiring with Skoda, I got to know that they have started delivery of the petrol variants. Apparently they haven't started manufacturing the diesel variants yet. On recent enquiry again, I was told to expect delivery by mid May 2016. Time will tell really.

With regards to after sales service, we own a Skoda Yeti, Skoda Superb (being replaced by the 2016 Superb), Skoda Rapid and VW Polo 1.6 and so far we have been fortunate to not have any issues with their after sales service.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2016, 12:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Even though you have booked and are awaiting your superb, my simple suggestion would have been as follows.

Are you happy with Skoda ASS. If yes, eyes closed go for a Superb. If not, look at similar options like the Camry, Sonata, Accord (rumoured to be re-launching soon) etc. I don't think the additional cost of the holy trinity justifies itself once you have a good experience with the 2nd gen superb which was essentially a re-skinned A6

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks