Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2006, 06:15   #1
BHPian

I have just secured a student visa in Dubai and was told that after 5 years of studying here i can take a car from dubai without any import taxes is it true ? if no then how much tax will be levied on me ?
Thanks
Old 25th September 2006, 09:37   #2
BHPian

Not true at all, you will have to pay 166% tax on the depreciated value of the car. Plus if the car is not registered in your name( which it def wont be as Dubai is a lef hand drive country) there is an additional 30% of personal fine and penalty.
Old 25th September 2006, 12:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

i would suggest you first go out there & enjoy yourself & think about that import when it is time to come back. 5 years is a long time. a lot can change in a country like ours. you might be able to bring that car after all, without much fuss.
cheers
Old 25th September 2006, 20:08   #4
BHPian

Way to go irulee! congrats on ur visa and the dubai edu trip! hope u dont keep urself in boox all the time there,(pretty sure u wont, hahaha) and have a good drive there when u can. Bringing cars back to india after 5 years, is a very early plan. Before u come to India, think of it. and in the meantime, laws are bound to get a lot relaxed. and am sure u can then think of an even better idea to have the car u want.
Old 27th February 2008, 20:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Irulee by the time you come back to India you might see all the world's best car in India and there will be no need for you to get a car from Dubai and people will be planning to get cars from Indian Market.

Enjoy your studies and enjoy the belly dances in the desert.....

Enjoy the drive.......
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks