Team-BHP - 60-lakh rupee conundrum? EDIT: Booked Porsche Macan
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   60-lakh rupee conundrum? EDIT: Booked Porsche Macan (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/206076-60-lakh-rupee-conundrum-edit-booked-porsche-macan-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathranik (Post 4538138)

Also, got the post-discount pricing for Q5, with the technology pack variant falling bang in the league of other Germans. There's still a margin of ~3L to be shaved off.

There should be more than 3L in this unless the deals have dried up? I got a Q5 Technology Petrol OTR under 60 in Mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurum (Post 4538958)
There should be more than 3L in this unless the deals have dried up? I got a Q5 Technology Petrol OTR under 60 in Mumbai.

My bad - posted the pre discount quote. Final proposed offer is INR 56.80 OTR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathranik (Post 4539029)
My bad - posted the pre discount quote. Final proposed offer is INR 56.80 OTR.

What offer have you got for the X5 ? On road Ahmedabad or Mumbai ?

I closed an X5 30d DPE at 75 OTR (59 ex show room) in Mumbai in December for a corporate lease. My understanding is that post the Jan price hike, prices are now higher by about 3 lacs.

For individual anything in the 70-73 OTR should be a good deal but don't think there is anything near 60.

I turned down the GLE for the same reason, interiors were fairly outdated and didn't feel fun. I had to pick between Q7 and X5 and it was a combo of looks (really liked the old Q7 but the new Q7 not so much) and that super fun journey from 40-100 kmph in the X5. Also small factor, but the lack of a hump in the floor in the rear was a big plus for me since it made the X5 a true comfy 5 adult seater

Folks, For around 40 - 42 lakhs which model year approximately would it be possible to get BMW X5 with less than 45,000kms (Design Pure experience variant)?
That way for 60 lakhs, can buy a preowned BMW X5 as well as the VW Polo GT Tsi

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhil_pon (Post 4542962)
Folks, For around 40 - 42 lakhs which model year approximately would it be possible to get BMW X5 with less than 45,000kms (Design Pure experience variant)?
Gi

Might be difficult. Discounts started coming around end of 2016, before they sold at full prices so the hit will be too large for anyone selling now. Writing this from my personal experience, I picked M Sports at close to full price and although car will be turning 3 in June, I don’t intend to sell. But you never know. Many people get bored or have different needs. Try if you can find M variant even if expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4543056)
Might be difficult. Discounts started coming around end of 2016, before they sold at full prices so the hit will be too large for anyone selling now. Writing this from my personal experience, I picked M Sports at close to full price and although car will be turning 3 in June, I don’t intend to sell. But you never know. Many people get bored or have different needs. Try if you can find M variant even if expensive.

Thanks Turbanator for the useful insight. Do you recollect the exshowroom and on road prices at the time of your purchase? Trying to get an idea of the depreciation one can expect in approx 3 years

Interesting update (Twist), everyone - While researching and fishing for deals, I was suggested by the LR guys to also consider the Jaquar F Pace (Petrol) that is retailing at about 63.XX OTR. While comparing it to its peers, I spoke to folks at Porsche Ahmedabad and fell in love with the Macan. On a business trip to LA late last week, I drove my brother's Macan to Vegas (although it was the V6) and decided this is it.

Booked White Porsche Macan this morning (2018 manufactured) after a pretty animated discussion with my better half - although, it took a promise of getting her a Mini back home later this year, for her to be convinced for the Macan. The deal is pretty good, though it exceeds my budget by about 20L. Dealer has agreed to paint the alloys black, and the key fob white (Looks like a Porsche thing, that I wasn't aware of), in addition to all basic mandatory accessories.

I would take the delivery in the first week of March, when we finally move back for good. I know, this may be contrary to a lot of my pre-requisites in the first post on this thread viz. rear-seat comfort, after-sales service (?),et al but the petrol-head inside me won over the rational head. Attaching a few pictures of the actual car I have been allotted below. It comes with sports chrono package, panoramic sunroof, park assist, lane departure warning and Air suspension, which are optional features on the base R4. I understand that the Macan facelift is due to be launched later this year, taking the OTR price to 1Cr+ for all practical purposes (with basic options installed), making it unaffordable to me.

60-lakh rupee conundrum? EDIT: Booked Porsche Macan-whatsapp-image-20190205-15.21.37.jpeg

60-lakh rupee conundrum? EDIT: Booked Porsche Macan-whatsapp-image-20190205-15.21.39.jpeg

60-lakh rupee conundrum? EDIT: Booked Porsche Macan-whatsapp-image-20190205-15.21.40.jpeg

Once again, a big thanks to everyone who's contributed to this thread, and I would be posting my ownership experience next month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikhil_pon (Post 4543537)
. Do you recollect the exshowroom and on road prices at the time of your purchase? Trying to get an idea of the depreciation one can expect in approx 3 years

New one after Discount was 72 Lac, that was in June 2016 after Excise Duty was hiked on SUV. Before that it was about 3 -4 lac cheaper if I am not mistaken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathranik (Post 4543903)
Booked White Porsche Macan this morning (2018 manufactured)

Congrats on the booking. It's the most VFM Porsche at this time given the discounts 6-10 Lac depending on how you negotiate. If you got more then even better. I am not entirely convinced with the rear treatment Porsche has done to the lights and nor the electronic buttons. So you have done the right thing. White were in great demand and am sure yours might be amongst the last few, Delhi guys have sold all. All the best for your new ride.

Excellent choice, in my opinion Porsche have the best quality of all the brandz you considered. It's ahead of the others in the prestige stakes too. Only a Velar comes close.

You should wait for some time before you paint the wheels, preferably get a new set when you are bored with the look. You can source it from overseas going by your posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mathranik (Post 4543903)
Booked White Porsche Macan this morning (2018 manufactured)

Congratulations. A great buy and a nice twist at the end. :)
Could you please DM me the deal that you got on this car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 4543933)

Congrats on the booking. It's the most VFM Porsche at this time given the discounts 6-10 Lac depending on how you negotiate. If you got more then even better. I am not entirely convinced with the rear treatment Porsche has done to the lights and nor the electronic buttons. So you have done the right thing. White were in great demand and am sure yours might be amongst the last few, Delhi guys have sold all. All the best for your new ride.

Thank you! I got a great deal (Discount much bigger than you quoted:) ), as is in fact the last White Macan available across all dealerships today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avira_tk (Post 4543936)
Excellent choice, in my opinion Porsche have the best quality of all the brandz you considered. It's ahead of the others in the prestige stakes too. Only a Velar comes close.

You should wait for some time before you paint the wheels, preferably get a new set when you are bored with the look. You can source it from overseas going by your posts.

Thanks! Velar is amazing, especially with those futuristic interiors - but way too expensive. Interesting view on the wheel paint - why would you suggest so? I can definitely source accessories from US / Indonesia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakc (Post 4544048)
Congratulations. A great buy and a nice twist at the end. :)
Could you please DM me the deal that you got on this car?

Thanks, Deepak. Shall do!

Congratulations! I am also considering the same vehicle as my second in New Delhi. Will keep this thread updated with discounts I get from Porsche Gurgaon.
Currently being quoted 86 on Road Delhi since 2019 facelift is expected June 2019.

Bet can make it 75ish On Road Chandigarh given lower taxes / no cess / etc.

What an interesting turn of events!

Great choice!

The Macan is just the right size for city streets, and it's an absolute monster on the highways and B-roads I'm certain! And personally, I do not like what they've done with the tail lights on the face-lift Macan. The pre-facelift one looks fab!

Enjoy in good health! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 4562354)
What an interesting turn of events!

Great choice!

The Macan is just the right size for city streets, and it's an absolute monster on the highways and B-roads I'm certain! And personally, I do not like what they've done with the tail lights on the face-lift Macan. The pre-facelift one looks fab!

Enjoy in good health! :)

I like what they have done with the interior though. It needed a bigger screen. Agreed that Porsche is all about the drive but for some of us tech heads - tech + drive is a sweeter deal :D