Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2021, 07:21   #31
VSD
BHPian

Re: Mercedes GLS vs S-Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Speaking about the W222, how old are these cars? With the 223 start of production mid of last year, these 222s must be of early 2020 kits. Shouldn't this be a factor to consider especially when the car has a fair bit of rubber and leather that needs to be groomed well and if not, might develop issues?
Last I remember checking, these were late 2020 kits as the S-class is assembled in India for a while now. These cars hold up much better now than say some 7-10 years ago. One should anyways consider going for extended warranty for cars like these which are loaded to ends with electronics, much scarier and expensive to fix than some rubber attachments giving up.

Looking at such discounts, you can pretty much get EW included in the deal. If I were in the market for an executive saloon, I'd take this deal and get the Service pack too while I'm at it as in case of Mercedes, it is always better to be totally covered for as long as possible.
VSD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 10:35   #32

Re: Mercedes GLS vs S-Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaysaw View Post
Nothing can beat an S class period. For someone that is used to the W221, an upgrade to even a W222 with the current mouthwatering prices being offered, another 7-8 years of bliss would be guaranteed. Later generation vehicle means almost all niggles shall be sorted out by now.
Although the GLS is nice and all that, it can't hold a candle to even the W221 in terms of sheer ride comfort specially on our roads. It boils down to plain physics. Just bit the bullet and upgraded our w221 to the new 222 and can vouch that the GLS simply cannot compare to the ride comfort anymore, tested the GLS extensively prior to the purchase and it just did not match up.
Just have a look at the poll numbers!
W222 has a firm ride. W223 retains the comfort ride characteristics of W221 airmatic tuning in an improved manner, more over complimented by the porsche like 4 wheel steering. Rolls Royce Phantom would be a better option for all out comfort and ride handling. If cost and Mercedes-Benz is a factor import a GLS Maybach. There was a hiccup with the 4 wheel steering, which was fixed in an early recall (estimated 3 hour labor).

Resource: Self driven comparison, my opinion is not based on YouTube videos or another person's biased review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks