Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2022, 23:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Looking for an upgrade from my Skoda Laura | BMW 530d?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vignesh.cv View Post
You asked a very pertinent question. However, I feel safety wise & performance wise (not just power, but handling & braking) I need to move on.
I understand where you are coming from but consider whether the following can be done. Am improvement to your suspension setup to aid handling and bigger rotors, calipers and brake pads for better stopping power.
Old 18th October 2022, 11:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
I understand where you are coming from but consider whether the following can be done. Am improvement to your suspension setup to aid handling and bigger rotors, calipers and brake pads for better stopping power.
Thank you for the suggestion, I've already done that as part of the upgrades over the years. Handling wise and braking wise she's top notch when compared to the stock model. My concern was more around the fact that safety / electronics package is more than a decade old.
vignesh.cv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 17:04   #33
BHPian

Reviving this thread after approximately a year.

I've renewed the search for an upgrade from my Laura and looking at options available purely in the used car market. Been looking at used 530d's in the Bangalore market, and find that there aren't many and do carry a premium when compared to Mumbai / Delhi markets.

Another question that popped up was is it worth getting a used 6GT now? Reason being it seems to offer that step up from the 5 in terms of usable space, comfort and overall package. I understand BMW is going to stop production by this year and spares/repairs might prove to be challenging. But then the 6GT does share quite a few of the architecture with the 5 & 7. The 3GT was stopped in 2021. Resale value is something I'm not considering right now, as I intend to hold onto the car for minimum 10yrs or at least until there is a policy to move to EVs compulsorily. What else do I need to be wary of?
Old 23rd November 2023, 21:40   #34
BHPian

Ended up buying a pre-worshipped 6 GT. Started my ownership thread here (The 6 | My Pre-Worshipped 2021 BMW GT 630d LCI M-Sport).
vignesh.cv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks