Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2023, 16:50   #1
BHPian

Advice on buying a used Porsche Boxster

Hello T-BHP'ians,

A family member is in the used car market in Bangalore looking to buy a Porsche Boxster and he has approached me for some help through T-BHP.

Can any of our fellow members help me connect him with direct sellers or trusted super car dealers in Bangalore. The car needs to be preferably KA registered and relatively new.

Any other advise/tips on super car buying will be super helpful.

@Moderators: Tried to post this in buying cars forum, but was prevented from doing so citing privilege reason. Please feel free to merge it there.

Thanks.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd March 2023 at 08:15. Reason: Typo
Pkumarblore is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 18:10   #2
BHPian

re: Advice on buying a used Porsche Boxster

I would start with "Big Boys Toys"

Big Boys Toyz

You will get a fair idea on the price for different models + colors. Based on this, if you are looking for a better deal, you could look for other cars with similar specs, etc.

You can bargain at these shops too. Considering their network, they are decent when it comes to sales and you will get their warranty for some time, which simplifies things for the new buyer.

Btw, Nice choice. A Boxter! Sweet
Mustang_Boss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 21:31   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: Advice on buying a used Porsche Boxster

Oh lovely. I must say your family member has impeccable taste. (Just like you with your 118!)

The Boxster 986 and its Flat 6 is wonderful. I had the pleasure of driving one in the early 2000’s in England. Heavy clutch (Manual), but a wonderful raspy sound and the G Forces are phenomenal.
I guess you might look for a 987 with its flat 4 which is probably more likely to be available in India.
The Boxster 718 is highly desirable but likely to be expensive being a late model. Its turbo charged flat 4 is also very raspy and nice.

Porsches. Gorgeous cars. Especially the naturally aspirated ones with those screaming engines.
But the new world is turbocharged.

I would also dearly love a Red Boxster with a black ragtop. It is one of my favourite sports cars and that exhaust burble! Ah! Heavenly!

Saw a 718 just a week ago in my neighbourhood. Took the owners number so that I can stand in queue when he wants to sell. (Pic attached)

A small word of caution though. Being a tall person (6 ft 2 inches) and big built, it’s a bit of a squeeze to get in. And the driving position is really low.
Attached Thumbnails
Advice on buying a used Porsche Boxster-4bb8ef720020471fa49dfd40e0a22a0f.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 2nd March 2023 at 21:33.
shankar.balan is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 08:15   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Advice on buying a used Porsche Boxster

Tell your friend to screen the market carefully and follow our used car checklist (including service history, checking past insurance claims etc.) to the T. Be open to other models too (e.g. Cayman, Audi RS, BMW Ms etc.). The options are many and you will typically find low-mileage examples as people don't drive 2-door sporty cars on a daily basis.

Recommended Reading:

My Used Porsche Boxster

My Used Porsche Cayman

Another Used Porsche Cayman

These cars have just the right amount of power for Indian roads, reliable, practical and sporty enough. Your friend will have a blast. Do also test-drive the Cooper S.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 12:05   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
I would start with "Big Boys Toys"

Big Boys Toyz

Btw, Nice choice. A Boxter! Sweet
Thanks. He has already tried with Bigboy toyz. He is looking at some more options outside of bigboyz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Oh lovely. I must say your family member has impeccable taste. (Just like you with your 118!)

A small word of caution though. Being a tall person (6 ft 2 inches) and big built, it’s a bit of a squeeze to get in. And the driving position is really low.
Thank you @shankar.balan. Yes, this family member loves cars. He is torn between the Z4 and the Boxter. He is about 5' 11" and lean and he knows the compromises he has to make to own a low slung sports car.
Btw, my 118d is with Aeon Motors for a complete check and service. Thanks for introducing me to Anirudh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Tell your friend to screen the market carefully and follow our used car checklist. Be open to other models too (e.g. Cayman, Audi RS, BMW Ms etc.). The options are many and you will typically find low-mileage examples as people don't drive 2-door sporty cars on a daily basis.

These cars have just the right amount of power for Indian roads, reliable, practical and sporty enough. Your friend will have a blast. Do also test-drive the Cooper S.
Thank you @GTO. I shall pass on your advise to him. I don't know why, but his choice is narrowed down to Z4 and Boxter.

Last edited by vb-saan : 3rd March 2023 at 14:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Pkumarblore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 10:34   #6
BHPian

I would suggest the Z4 40i over the 718 Boxter any day because of the vastly superior
powertrain.
mura is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 14:46   #7
BHPian

Earlier models had IMS bearing issues which were sorted in later models . I was on the look out for a Cayman in Ireland to replace the TT but the ride of the TT was so much better that I decided otherwise. Z4 also has a harsh ride as expected of these cars and the interiors of the older Z4 are not good

I am in the market too for a good TT MK 2 or the current model or a Cayman but Caymans are hard to find and too pricey in this part of the world. Maintenance wise the TT will be the lightest on the pocket is what I feel having owned one and 180 horses for that small car is more than enough. It never scraped speed breakers ( irish not indian breakers) and it has superb ride and handling. Z4 and Porsche are true sports cars and have superb handling but harsh rides and TT is a good trade off.

Nothing matches the looks of a Porsche or the older SLK and the TT is a tad feminine.

Good luck and do consider the Cayman. My personal favourite of the Porsches as the mid mounted engine and hardtop makes it a great sports car at its price point some say better than 911 but they deliberately put a smaller engine . Hopefully to get my hands on one in the next couple of years.
Urorobo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 18:04   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
Hello T-BHP'ians,

A family member is in the used car market in Bangalore looking to buy a Porsche Boxster and he has approached me for some help through T-BHP.

Can any of our fellow members help me connect him with direct sellers or trusted super car dealers in Bangalore. The car needs to be preferably KA registered and relatively new.

Any other advise/tips on super car buying will be super helpful.

@Moderators: Tried to post this in buying cars forum, but was prevented from doing so citing privilege reason. Please feel free to merge it there.

Thanks.
Hey ! I don't know whether posting contact details of people who deal in such vehicles is allowed here on the forum or not, but I tried to send you a PM, but I couldn't figure out how.

Anyhow, (mods pls delete if this is not allowed), you can contact Siddhant at MarqueOne Classified at 8867397978. They have a boxter for sale, based in Bangalore. Other options also available.

Cheers!
Dcsastudent is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 08:17   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcsastudent View Post
Hey ! I don't know whether posting contact details of people who deal in such vehicles is allowed here on the forum or not, but I tried to send you a PM, but I couldn't figure out how.

Anyhow, (mods pls delete if this is not allowed), you can contact Siddhant at MarqueOne Classified at 8867397978. They have a boxter for sale, based in Bangalore. Other options also available.

Cheers!
Thanks for the information. Can you please share the details of the boxter that is available for sale and the price at which it may go for?
Thank you!
Old 21st March 2023, 08:26   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Thanks for the information. Can you please share the details of the boxter that is available for sale and the price at which it may go for?
Thank you!
Buddy, you can call on the number I posted and talk with Siddhant. He'll give you all the details. Cheers !
Dcsastudent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 13:30   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkumarblore View Post
Hello T-BHP'ians,

Check below insta link. Dealer is not in Bangalore. They are in Surat, Gujarat. Not sure of registration as it’s not mentioned.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CsX1UEVN...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks