Jeep Meridian 8 3.19%
Citroen C5 Aircross 7 2.79%
Hyundai Tucson 38 15.14%
Other (please specify in your post) 6 2.39%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2023, 15:59   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW X1 vs Mercedes-Benz GLA vs Audi Q3 vs Mini Countryman vs Volkswagen Tiguan vs others

Here, my pick would be the Q3. Love the clean design, punchy engine and the Audi badge. However, it's a little overpriced IMO.

A close contender will be the Kodiaq, which provides great VFM. However, I never saw the need for the extra seats and like the snob value of the Audi
Old 22nd November 2023, 16:11   #17
BHPian

Re: BMW X1 vs Mercedes-Benz GLA vs Audi Q3 vs Mini Countryman vs Volkswagen Tiguan vs others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Even though the Q3 was great to drive, I found the interiors to be fairly ordinary and at places not of great quality . Sit in the A4 after sitting in the Q3 and you will immediately notice the difference in quality of the materials used.
Absolutely! I would have gone ahead and bought a Q3 by now had I not sit inside the A4. I just could not come to terms with buying the Q3 after realizing how much better the A4 felt inside.
venus1975 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 16:23   #18
BHPian

Voted for others. I thought the Volvo XC40 should have been on this list first place.

From the listed SUVs, I would pick Kodiaq any day without even the blink of an eye.

NB: This post made me realize, that Kodiaq is very similar in size to these 5 seaters.
Old 22nd November 2023, 16:45   #19
BHPian

With GTO here. Of the German lot, Q3 looks the best VFM product from styling and discount perspective. Still available on-road @lower 40s. Add another 10-12 and you get the Q5.

However, had a different take all together, today when I test drove the new Harrier. It's got all the features with a surprisingly smooth drive. Would anyone want to spend an extra 10 for lesser features and just the badge?
Old 22nd November 2023, 17:13   #20
BHPian

Voted for the Tucson
Having owned cars from the luxury/premium segments in the past, I fully subscribe to GTO's view that the Rs 25-30 lac price range today gets you all the car /SUV you need. Beyond that, it's all wants viz. Brand value, luxury quotient, emotional appeal etc. To each their own.
For me,
1. I am looking for a tourer in the next 6-12 months and, as and when I do decide to take the plunge, will stick to the Rs 20-30 lac price range
2. If at all I had to choose from among the German marquees, I would go for Q3 for reasons mentioned by GTO
3. However, overall winner in this list for me is the Tucson. It's fresh, a head turner, feature laden, good engines, smooth and reliable gearboxes, offers a competent AWD for touring backed by a country wide ASS network which is generally consistent and competent.

Last edited by FAIAAA : 22nd November 2023 at 17:15. Reason: Formatting, Additional text
Old 22nd November 2023, 18:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
With GTO here. Of the German lot, Q3 looks the best VFM product from styling and discount perspective. Still available on-road @lower 40s. Add another 10-12 and you get the Q5.
From where can I get a Q3 for 40 change? As per the price list, I have from last week, the top-end Q3 is 68 and the top-end Tuscon is 47 OTR Bangalore. Keeping the brand image aside, the Tuscon offers much more in terms of features than the Q3, and there is no way to justify the extra 20l for the Q3.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 18:17   #22
BHPian

Voted for Tuscon,

that R series 2 Litre Diesel along with the 8 speed transmission combination is a gem.

Among the Germans it is the GLA220d 4 Matic, followed by the Q3.
Sivacar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 18:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
From where can I get a Q3 for 40 change? As per the price list, I have from last week, the top-end Q3 is 68 and the top-end Tuscon is 47 OTR Bangalore. Keeping the brand image aside, the Tuscon offers much more in terms of features than the Q3, and there is no way to justify the extra 20l for the Q3.
Test drove one yesterday in Hyderabad. I was offered 5 year full service package along with a 3 lac discount on the Premium variant plus 50k accessories, and 4 lac discount on the Premium Plus variant plus 50k worth accessories. Again on-road depends as Bangalore has a higher road tax, whereas I would opt for BH series.

The top end Q3 is 52 lacs ex-showroom. What is the break-up of additional 15 lacs?
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 18:42   #24
BHPian

Voted for Kodiaq. My next car most likely would be a 7 seater with a possible AWD option. And my only choice would be upcoming Kodiaq. I will not even look at the Meridian as it is an extended Compass with poor space management and mediocre performance.
Other than this, I also feel that Kodiaq definitely punches way above its weight competing with the 60L+ luxury ones (not necessarily 100% but does not make a lot of compromises also). Of course, my only concern is the reliability part which I think Skoda has improved a lot.
Livnletcarsliv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 18:57   #25
BHPian

These are the exact factors that made me pick the Kodiaq over others. In the current inflated markets, it's value for money proposition is unmatched. Power, performance, driving dynamics, comfort, practicality, it's all there in one incredible package. The V40 and the Kodiaq has surprisingly been a good combo for me so far.
Old 22nd November 2023, 19:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Test drove one yesterday in Hyderabad. I was offered 5 year full service package along with a 3 lac discount on the Premium variant plus 50k accessories, and 4 lac discount on the Premium Plus variant plus 50k worth accessories. Again on-road depends as Bangalore has a higher road tax, whereas I would opt for BH series.

The top end Q3 is 52 lacs ex-showroom. What is the break-up of additional 15 lacs?
Attached is the pricelist I got this Sunday. The sales guy said he could work out some offer but didn't mention any discount off the bat. The 68 I mentioned was for the top-end model. Even with discounts, I doubt one can get even the base variant for under 50 here in Bangalore.
BMW X1 vs Mercedes-Benz GLA vs Audi Q3 vs Mini Countryman vs Volkswagen Tiguan vs others-q3-pricelist-2023.jpg

Last edited by Jaguar : 22nd November 2023 at 19:09.
Old 23rd November 2023, 03:26   #27
BHPian

If this comparo was from when the first generations of all these cars was launched, I wouldn't even look at the luxury brands. The GLA, X1 and Q3 of the past had been extremely barebones and exhibited only brand image. My pick would easily be the Kodiaq.

But, in today's game, it all has a dependence on usage cases. The newer entry level luxury SUVs are way way better equipped than they used to be, and each of them look pretty handsome too. If I were looking for a personal car with acceptable amounts of space and not looking for "big-car" translated characteristics, I would pick the GLA. Adequately powerful, loaded with tech and club-like ambience, and handsome AMG Line looks with balanced proportions.

If I wanted a bigger car at value for money rates, it's a tough one between the Kodiaq and the Tucson. Both look gorgeous in their own rights and arenas, both are loaded to the brim and have really good drivability. I never took to the Tiguan much. It looks way more station-wagon like than the other two.
Old 23rd November 2023, 09:02   #28
BHPian

I evaluated the top 3 in the segment, X1, GLA and Q3. Ended up buying Kia EV6.
Voted for others: choice is Kia EV6
v6kgang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2023, 07:33   #29
BHPian

Voted for the GLA.

Logically a KIA seltos has more power, more equipment than some of these cars in this segment and would match most needs. If you are looking into this segment: you expect an experience; you are looking to make a statement; you appreciate finesse; and most likely this is your entry into this segment.

I evaluated most of the above options and purchased the GLA 220d 4 matic. These are the reasons why it was my choice vs the others and still is,
A) A stonker of an engine - the diesel engine is powerful and torquey, smooth and refined and efficient. I enjoy it everyday without the fear of the economy dropping into single digits.
B) Club class interiors - Everytime I get in, I am WOWed and I really appreciate being cooconed in that beautifully lit cabin in the nights. Even after a year. Plus the family love it too as it comfortably accomodates 4 large adults.
C) Peace of mind - 8 year unlimted mileage warranty on the engine and gearbox plus option to upgrade the 3 year comprehensive warranty to 6 years for just 70k.
D) Brand Value - While a BMW is what an enthusiast would aspire to, me included, I had to go the Mercedes way as the X3 was quite a stretch. But I find that a majority of my friends recall and aspire to own a mercedes more than any other brand. Definitely ticks the make a statement box.
Old 24th November 2023, 14:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Audi cars are typically not sold as per the price mentioned on the price list. There are huge discounts available usually, though you being in Bangalore, you will have to account for the higher road tax. In Delhi, the Q3 Premium Plus was available for 39-40L on road with 5 year service pack and warranty in October.
beemer5499 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks