Citroen C5 Aircross 5 3.05%
Hyundai Tucson 32 19.51%
Others (please specify in your post) 4 2.44%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2024, 14:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz GLA Facelift vs BMW X1 vs Audi Q3 vs Others

I am not gonna touch the X1 and the GLA. These two cars are the brand ambassadors for being an absolute rip off. No way they are justified for the amounts being asked.

Q3 still makes sense on account of having solid mechanicals that don’t insult the intelligence of the buyer. It’s a sorted product inside out, though a bit cramped.

Personally, the only car I would consider from this lot is the Skoda Kodiaq. One hell of a machine, it is basically the Q5 in Skoda colours. Most car you can get for the price, and as complete an all rounder as can possibly be. We have a Sportline in the family, and it is a pleasure to both drive and be driven in. The only con I can think of is that the rear bench is set a bit low, makes you feel hemmed in.

It is between Kodiaq and the EVs. More specifically the Volvo C40.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 16:42   #17
BANNED

I would get the Audi Q3, as I am a petrolhead.
  • The Q3 offers a good engine by comparison with other german rivals.
  • Comfort wise Q3 is not the roomiest but in terms of seating and the comfort levels are good.
  • In terms of tech the rivals offered more features compared to the Q3.

Last edited by Axe77 : 2nd March 2024 at 21:07.
Petrolhead717 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 17:47   #18
BHPian

I voted for the Tuscon because it is the most bang-for-buck and it proves to be an overall rounded package!

The things in favour of the Tuscon are:
1. Option of a good diesel engine
2. Supreme back seat comfort
3. Size is just right
4. Ease of Hyundai ASS
5. Hyundai reliability
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 20:02   #19
BHPian

I would wait for the new Kodiaq though I am sure it will push the price to the next level. The current version of Kodiaq compared to Tucson feels a generation old. I would go for Tuscon 2.0D AWD for its massive torque and Hyundai ASS.

Ohh, wait I already did. I bought the Tucson. Every time I floor, it puts a wide smile on my face...Mazza aagaya.

Last edited by Axe77 : 2nd March 2024 at 21:07.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 23:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Everything new is grossly overpriced in that price band.
Everything new is grossly overpriced in every price band.

Last edited by Crazy_cars_guy : 2nd March 2024 at 23:08.
Crazy_cars_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 05:15   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wouldn't buy any of the entry-level crossovers from the German marques.
With 50 - 60 lakhs in my pocket, what I would really do is either get a high-end EV (e.g. Ioniq 5, BYD Seal) or go the pre-worshipped route for a really fast German sedan or SUV. That's really the only way to get some value for your 60 big ones. Everything new is grossly overpriced in that price band.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_cars_guy View Post
Everything new is grossly overpriced in every price band.
I feel exactly the same and therefore I won’t even vote. I have been in the market recently. And somehow deep in my heart I am simply not able to come to terms with throwing 50-70-90 lakh at a car purchase.

And most definitely I will not put out such sums for any of these ‘compromised’ entry-level European cars which offer little more than a mere badge. I keep going back to the thought of a good friend of mine who in end-2020, bought a brand new Merc GLC 220d 4Matic for about 50-52 lacs. And that same car costs nearly double of that now in 2024! This kind of price-rise in this kind of time-frame, is totally unjustifiable in my opinion and I will not voluntarily become a victim of it.

Much much better to go the ‘used’ route, if one is seeking one of these German brands. But then, the entry-level German cars are neither desirable nor aspirational. The Korean EV6 AWD and Ioniq5 are actually far more desirable and aspirational than all the entry-level German cars right now.

However, irrespective of how desirable and tempting the Ioniq5 and EV6 are, I am still unable to digest their 50 lac and 72 lac on-road prices.

The point I make, is that while ‘affordability’ and all that ‘may-be-there’ or ‘can-be-managed-if-required’, somehow, simply none of these vehicles represent sufficient ‘value’ to my ‘wage-earning, middle-class’ heart and mind and for some reason, even to my middle-class moral conscience, they seem simply excessively ostentatious, and extravagant, almost decadent if I may use that word and therefore, are totally unjustifiable. I simply won’t be able to sleep easy, were I to buy a vehicle that cost that much. And I am a person who genuinely loves Automobiles.

That is why, as I have written elsewhere, I have quietly opted for the Hyundai Kona which offers far better value at the discounted price of nearabout 20 lacs which I have been able to secure.

Honestly, in today’s pricing regime, every single vehicle is indeed totally over-priced for what it offers.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 3rd March 2024 at 05:22.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 13:13   #22
BHPian

Voted for the Q3, Audi makes most sense for folks who are looking for a premium vehicle with a smaller foot print, one will not feel shortchanged with the 2.0 TSI and Quattro being standard, only flipside is the lack of a diesel option for buyers who incur high mileage, If smaller foot print is not a priority, then I would recommend the Kodiaq for a petrol buyer and Tuscon for a diesel buyer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks