Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2007, 11:36   #1
nil

Suggestion on Merc Buy

Friends - Does it make sense to buy a E250 1997 model. If the veh has run nearly one lac Km. Considering it is diesel, what is the life of most critical components... i know for many cars now a days, it is 85,000 to 1 lac Km. So will one need to spend a lot on maintenance of the car soon.Also does it make sense to drive a merc in mum for daily commutation, if one is not very keen on "Merc"...will a new Optra magnum make sense.... cost of old Merc and new Optra magnum nearly same..Thoughts from you guys...
Old 30th August 2007, 11:40   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil View Post
Friends - Does it make sense to buy a E250 1997 model. If the veh has run nearly one lac Km. Considering it is diesel, what is the life of most critical components... i know for many cars now a days, it is 85,000 to 1 lac Km. So will one need to spend a lot on maintenance of the car soon.Also does it make sense to drive a merc in mum for daily commutation, if one is not very keen on "Merc"...will a new Optra magnum make sense.... cost of old Merc and new Optra magnum nearly same..Thoughts from you guys...
i have no clue what u are on about since i think optra sells out at 10 laks while a 1997 merc comes at around under 4.
Old 30th August 2007, 15:55   #3
BHPian

Nil you got to read the rules first, you have posted in a wrong section, post this in what car, probably you will more replies
merc will alwys remain a merc, any car afer 1 lac goes to vintage, don mind I have driven an old car so my experience if you have enough time and money go ahead, please dont think of commuting everyday.
Cheers
W.A
Old 30th August 2007, 16:00   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Nil

I have moved this thread to the "What Car?" section. There is a ton of information on Team-BHP wrt buying a W124. Just use the search. Here is a thread to get you started.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks