Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2007, 16:50   #1
BHPian

Which car: upto 16L - buy or wait?

I have been thinking of buying a car for a few months now. Finalized on the Cedia - "Sports" trim and was to book it first week of Nov. But then happened to pick up Oct issue of autocar india that has the '08 launches and got thouroughly confused.

Of the current crop the one i like most is the : Cedia (Alas they stopped selling the Forrester and the Mondeo)
Civic(no VFM), corolla is a drab, Skoda does not deserve the pricing, do not like the Chevy or Maruti brands.

Of the new launches i am eyeing (in order of preference):
1. the new Lancer Evo (autocar said will be launched, but when?)
2. Linea (looks so ravishing, i already own a Palio GTX so i know what Fiat's are all about)
3. Mitsu Outlander (there was no news on the launch date)
4. Camry looking Corolla

What should i do?
Should i wait for the new launches. i can do so for the next 5-6 months. if anyone has tentatives on the Evo or the Outlander, pls. share.
OR
go ahead and buy the Cedia?
Old 5th October 2007, 00:14   #2
BHPian

Did I read that 16 lakh budget right? In that case, why is the Fiat Linea in the picture?

For that budget, one of the best driver's cars is the Honda Civic (you'll save yourself a few lakhs in fact). Of the launches immininent in the next year, only the new Corolla comes close, but I doubt it will be as involving to drive as the Civic.

Skoda builds high quality cars, it has topped the latest customer satisfaction studies in India (from what I hear, its come out tops in the European market as well). True it doesn't have the prestige of the German badges, but the quality isn't inferior by any means.
Old 5th October 2007, 10:13   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

For 16L the best driver's car is the Octavia RS. The Civic has loads of issues still with its suspension.
The Cedia is an amazing car to buy and i think you should go for it. The Corolla will be priced similar to the Civic and will come with the same features as well.
Also, i doubt the lancer evo would fit in your budget and its the same with the Outlander.
The Linea would be a good buy though. Specially the MJD version.
Old 5th October 2007, 10:43   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

A manual Accord would fit into your budget if you stretch it just a lil bit. The new version is due next year sometime but that would be pitched at a higher price so it doesnt make sense for you to wait for it. Even the Elegance Laura is a good option if you want a diesel.
The outlander will be 20 lakhs or upwards and the EVO too will be way above your budget.
As for the new corolla its gonna be a while... Aug 2008 according to some magazines.
Old 5th October 2007, 11:54   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Civic(no VFM), corolla is a drab, Skoda does not deserve the pricing, do not like the Chevy or Maruti brands.
What should i do?
If you are chauffered the Hyundai Emberra is an option, for pure driving pleasre the vRS whips the Civic or Corolla I have driven all 3 hard.

Last edited by navin : 5th October 2007 at 11:56.
Old 6th October 2007, 09:50   #6
BHPian

bro i think you should wait for the 2008 lancer, i read its 150hp ( here @ TBHP) and would cost aroun 100k so you still save 60k, thatll be good for the mods on it, i.e. if you plan any
otherwise the RS is killer! maintenance and mods are expensive, but it is fantastic
Old 7th October 2007, 14:41   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2ki View Post
bro i think you should wait for the 2008 lancer, i read its 150hp ( here @ TBHP) and would cost aroun 100k so you still save 60k, thatll be good for the mods on it, i.e. if you plan any
otherwise the RS is killer! maintenance and mods are expensive, but it is fantastic
correction->
the new lancer is a 1.5L 110bhp engine priced max. at 100k
so get the RS man, dump the lancer no use if its a 110..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks