Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: C OR E?? - which one is it???
C CLASS 7 20.00%
E CLASS 20 57.14%
NEITHER (WALK AROUND) 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2004, 06:16   #1
BANNED

hey everybody,,,after a long break i am back...hi to all. anyways lets cut the crap... i wanna get a merc. thought why not got for the c easier on the pocket and u get a 3 pointed star. but when i saw the e i fell for her. but at 41lac it is bit expensive...but the c is equally expensive at 30lac. so for 10 more lac i think e is a better choice. but i want a car to drove around campus. and in city. but the c trim classic is not that great. also the rear space in c in bad right. so guys which one should it be. also the what other options can i get in it. maybe an AMG??? let me know...C or E. also there is no parkatronic on c...guess iam gonna learn how to paint...
Old 6th November 2004, 10:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

I personally voted for the C, specially since, you say, the E is expensive at Rs 41 lakhs. C is the easiest way to get a 3 pointed star. If you are going to be driving, which i believe you should if you buy a Merc then back seat space shouldn't worry you.
with E you will get better technology like Sensotronic brake system etc.
AMG will be way too costly.
I say, go for C!
but yea, whatever merc you buy, please buy the diesel!

Old 6th November 2004, 12:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

hi vishnu
welcome back!
i voted for the c, the e is too big and snobbish for young guys like you and me to use,frankly it's an uncle's car type
get an c 220 cdi,spend the rest on an amg kit or upgrading the trim
Old 6th November 2004, 13:02   #4
BHPian

The E-Class all the way. If budget is not the issue then I wonder why you even having this poll. No 2 ways abt it man. The E has so much road presence and has at least 50% more snob value than the C at only 10L more. I do not think that you get an AMG option from DCIL here in India. You will have to get the regular E and then add on the AMG STYLING PACKAGE that includes the bumpers and rear spoiler and rims and tires.
Old 6th November 2004, 13:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

but s600
i dont know how it'sin mumbai but in hyd if an young guy say between 20 to 24 is driving a huge car like e class,it's either two things 1)he is posing off with his dad's car 2)he is the chaffeur!

but a c wouldnt look out of place, and looks reallly hot with the amg kit!
Old 6th November 2004, 15:17   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Aadix, dont care about what people think. To me, its most important what I think.

The E-Class anyday, if the additional 10+ lac rupees is not an issue. Also, E Class' apparently have a lot lesser quality issues than the C.

GTO
Old 6th November 2004, 15:25   #7
Team-BHP Support

Gotto be the E man. It looks drop-dead gorgeous! And its not all that big either!

Rt
Old 6th November 2004, 15:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

I agree, the new E looks fantastic. The E is definitely worth the additional 10 lacs with sorted quality issues. Great to drive as well, as long as you pick the E 270 CDI, all is well.

Of course, for that sort of money, you could probably get a Scooby or an Evo imported, or probably even a 350Z. But then again, not many have been able to resist the temptation of the 3 pointed star.

Old 6th November 2004, 15:58   #9
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Definitely the E. If its too expensive, go for a 2nd hand one.
Old 6th November 2004, 16:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey how abt the slk?
Old 7th November 2004, 00:26   #11
BANNED

well aadix the slk i thought abt it...too impractical... i gotta take my pals around man... dont wanna be mean..and also the slk is too flashy for manipal. only problem is the c doesnt have parktronic rest of the trim is in comparision with the e. and also is rear soace that bad. is it as good as the octavia...pls. help...e is too big man..have u seen that monster...in indian roads,,, also i am thinking of c with an amg trim ...atleast the wheels....but that too i am waiting for a while...dont wanna spoil the new car..!
Old 7th November 2004, 08:06   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

The E-Class anyday... totally different leagues being compared here...Yes the C is a great car too not doubt but is nothing compared to the E. Have owned 2 C 180's (still do actually) but its time to change and very soon will be upgrading to the E270 Cdi(almost on the verge of getting it finally being booked ). Have not had a very good experience with the problems the C-class's have given but then why am i still upgrading to a mercedes once again?.... i really dont know ...but just got one thing to say 'A merc is a Merc' but the E-class specaily the new ones dont seem to be giving problems for what i here from fellow frnds and owners. And the E class is a beatiful car has alot more to offer than the C-class model range... now with the E270 cdi it combines speed with the perfect blend of fuel economy.

Old 7th November 2004, 10:25   #13
Team-BHP Support

If money is not an issue, the E Class is certainly the car to go for. Bigger, faster, better riding, more spacious and higher up the status ladder.
Old 7th November 2004, 11:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

E class anyday.
Old 7th November 2004, 11:29   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ Nov. 06 2004,21:56)]only problem is the c doesnt have parktronic rest of the trim is in comparision with the e.
you can retrofit the parktronic from any of the mercedes benz dealers, doesnt cost much and its OE ! which is very important
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks