Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2008, 00:41   #1
BHPian

Honda Accord.

Guys,

I am planning to get a used Honda Accord '04 - '06MY.Can you all help whats the price range i should be expeting for this sedan.I am looking at at KL registered cars only.
Thanks for the time and help.
Old 5th August 2008, 01:05   #2
BHPian

Any particular reason that you want an Accord? They are considerably more expensive to maintain than other honda cars. and the Adter Sales Service in cochin is hopeless! Fuel efficiency is not a high point either. Are you looking at the 2.4 or the V6? Second hand ones should be priced under 10L. between 7-10 would be my guess.
Old 5th August 2008, 01:37   #3
BANNED

CK is in love with Honda these days.

Used Accords command good resale value here. But they are also a good status symbol too.
Don't worry much about the maintenance. Regular parts and service ain't that expensive. If you decide to fry the ECU or get water onto the piston/cylinder heads, then also expect a bomb to get those things right. Otherwise, they don't cost much to maintain when compared to cars from the same price range. I would say it is one of the cheapest in the range to maintain.

V6 version is a real fuel guzzler but it pulls and gives a lot of thrilling driving pleasures. They only came with an Automatic tranny! I've heard that there were Manual ones sold in very limited numbers.
The normal 2.4 version offers some good average too. Expect anything between 9-12 on gentle driving and 6-9 in hard driving. The manual version is more fun to drive but the automatic is more relaxed and comfortable.

We have an auto 2.4 version. It's a good vehicle to be driven around rather than drive around. Hasn't faced any major service bills till date except when the suspension had some trouble after some unexpected offroading!

Expect to pay anything between 7-11 lacs depending on the year, mileage and condition of the car.
Old 5th August 2008, 13:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
CK is in love with Honda these days.

Used Accords command good resale value here. But they are also a good status symbol too.
Don't worry much about the maintenance. Regular parts and service ain't that expensive. If you decide to fry the ECU or get water onto the piston/cylinder heads, then also expect a bomb to get those things right. Otherwise, they don't cost much to maintain when compared to cars from the same price range. I would say it is one of the cheapest in the range to maintain.

V6 version is a real fuel guzzler but it pulls and gives a lot of thrilling driving pleasures. They only came with an Automatic tranny! I've heard that there were Manual ones sold in very limited numbers.
The normal 2.4 version offers some good average too. Expect anything between 9-12 on gentle driving and 6-9 in hard driving. The manual version is more fun to drive but the automatic is more relaxed and comfortable.

We have an auto 2.4 version. It's a good vehicle to be driven around rather than drive around. Hasn't faced any major service bills till date except when the suspension had some trouble after some unexpected offroading!

Expect to pay anything between 7-11 lacs depending on the year, mileage and condition of the car.
Guess what zak i did manage to get water in the cylinder heads and worst having trouble getting the insurance to pay for it .they have given me an estimate for 320000/- of which almost 60 percent is labour cost . will know by 7th whether insurance will take this up or not .

thanks to my K&N filter the water reached the engine ;(

I felt it was really expensive to maintain honda accord in cochin especially because the people at honda hardly know their job. they do trial and error on faulty parts and rather than trying to rectify the faulty parts they force us to buy new one . which eventually we have to or they will manage to convince us
p.s. i felt it has cost me a bomb to maintain this car.
Old 5th August 2008, 22:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I am looking at the 2.4L variant which i feel is more than sufficient back home.The car will be maintained brilliantly if i buy one and will be used the normal way...slow drives and if there is a meet the regular chase happens
I have been quoted 11.5 by a broker to my dad when he enquired, is white shade, 35000km driven and KL7 AY regn..tell me your thoughts.I personally feel it is high because the jewellers black KL5 i checked some time back was offered at 9.Also are these cars available in plenty in the used market especially KL ones??Would you know if the parts will be similar to the ones in dubai.Thanks.
Old 5th August 2008, 22:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hei, get in touch with Maxbhp. He looked at some before getting the Cedia.
Old 5th August 2008, 23:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Anthony - The new Accord is just out so wait for a couple more months & you'll see a lot more options flooding the used car market.
Old 6th August 2008, 09:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
Any particular reason that you want an Accord?
Hey Ashvin, which other car can you suggest me.My hearts all for the accord.
Old 6th August 2008, 09:45   #9
BANNED

Parts will mostly same as in Dubai versions of the same model.
And it's not necessary that you have to rely on Peninsular Honda for each and every work no the car. We get our car serviced/repaired at Mustang motors also.

Expensive to maintain? What other cars comes with lesser maintenance bills in the same range?

11.5 is high for sure.
If you don't have any problem with out of state registered cars, then you can try Coimbatore. Some good cars available there for very good prices.

As for waiting couple a months is a good idea. The new model has to still attract some good attention from the people. Once that period passes over, you'll see prices of the old models falling down.
Old 8th August 2008, 15:15   #10
BHPian

2005MY, black with 65k, asking 8 lakhs.should i stay away or should i take interest.kl8 regd.mileage is a bit high i guess.
Old 8th August 2008, 15:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

Mileage is a bit high but what is the condition like?? Has it been serviced at correct intervals and maintained well?? 60k kms service is a big one, so has everything been done at the service as scheduled? Ask for the Invoice of the 60k service.

If the condition is good & mileage is genuine then this car should not be a problem. Be careful though & check the service history etc. with a microscope!
Old 12th August 2008, 13:24   #12
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
2005MY, black with 65k, asking 8 lakhs.should i stay away or should i take interest.kl8 regd.mileage is a bit high i guess.
Whoa, when I bought my RS I checked a couple of 2yr old Accord V6`s. mostly 15-20k on the odo, and about 7.5-8.5 lacs.

This was in Kolkata.

65k is huge mileage.I`d suggest stay away even if its in brilliant condition.
Old 19th August 2008, 01:00   #13
BHPian

2004 with 35k on the clock white color KL7 regd car and asking 10.5.
Old 19th August 2008, 10:34   #14
BHPian

its a 2004 model. 35k kms is decent but the price is a bit high for the year and model. anything between and 8 and 9 would be fair.
Old 28th September 2008, 18:32   #15
BHPian

I am not able to find any car these days.These brokers just show the same car and nothing new. Whats the Consequence of getting an out of state car. Is it a wise decision??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks