Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2008, 00:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

You wont find a 320d for 20 unless something is seriously wrong with it. 27 is more like it. Plenty of low mileage C220cdis for well under 20. Since its the last year of production you can be assured it will be totally bug-free.
Old 24th November 2008, 10:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
You wont find a 320d for 20 unless something is seriously wrong with it. 27 is more like it. Plenty of low mileage C220cdis for well under 20. Since its the last year of production you can be assured it will be totally bug-free.
where can i get a good condition 4 to 5 years old e220cdi for around 20-22lakhs
Old 24th November 2008, 11:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
where can i get a good condition 4 to 5 years old e220cdi for around 20-22lakhs
I will go by GTO's suggestion on multiple threads. Visit authorized dealers for pre-owned vehicles. They may change 5% more than the market rate, but there would be some satisfaction about its condition. Also you can negotiate some free services AND 3-6 month warranty on the gearbox and engine.

One generic advise, look for a car anywhere and everywhere. No dealer is 100% honest. The business model doesn't allow anyone to be. After all, poor condition cars also need to be sold.

Check the car if it has any service records. Ideally they would be from a authorized dealership. If the car does not have have satisfactory or enough records, take the car to the MB service center and get it checked. Dealers wouldn't charge much for a checkup. Tip the service mechanic in advance to get a honest and detailed opinion. If there are any flaws or electricals not working, negotiate the same in your buy price.

Again, for anything that the owner says that it is a small or minor thing, just understand why did the owner not do it himself. Owner not having time for it is 95% an untrue excuse.

Last edited by dipen : 24th November 2008 at 11:09.
Old 24th November 2008, 21:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

im specifically looking for a petrol Bimmer. I don't like the looks of the Old C class. i'm willing to wait a few months. maybe by Feb- march once the facelifted models come in , the values will tumble more.
Old 24th November 2008, 22:30   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
im specifically looking for a petrol Bimmer. I don't like the looks of the Old C class. i'm willing to wait a few months. maybe by Feb- march once the facelifted models come in , the values will tumble more.
Well they wont exactly plummet, but I agree you will get a better deal if you can hold off for a bit.
Old 5th December 2008, 16:05   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
Believe me you, BMW have slashed their prices already and are emptying their stock anyhow. this happened to them when they launched Highline version early this year where they were left with dead inventory and ending up selling for a price which they could have anyways achieved months earlier.

Its like a Stock Market. You can wait for a price to come down but at times it wouldn't sicne there woudl be buyers ready to buy at higher price than yours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks