Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2009, 09:08   #1
BHPian

Info on the new 3 series please

Hey everyone, I am new to posting on this forum. I've been reading it for a while though and I have to say this is a great source of information. I am a huge BMW fan and I have pretty good knowledge about them. I own a 2008 M3 coupe in the US and I have to say it is amazing. We are thinking of getting a car in India. I like the 530d a lot. But as the new facelifted 5 series is on the way next year or so, I am thinking of the 320d. So, please give me any inputs on when you think the new 5 series would be coming to India. Also, about the new 3 series, do you know what style of rims come with the 320d highline? Any addition of standard features to the new 3 series when compared to the pre-facelift one? What colors and interior colors are now available on the new 3 series?Thanks and sorry for a lot of questions
Old 16th April 2009, 09:39   #2
BHPian

They have thrown in a few knick knacks. Besides the revised styling, the new alloys, the simpler i-drive, Telephone bluetooth connectivity as standard, Few interior changes. Besides i believe there are one or two new colors. The engine remains the same, however there are claims that there have been tweaks to the suspension.
Old 16th April 2009, 09:41   #3
BHPian

Do you know what the new rims for the 320d highline look like? Any pics or something?
Old 16th April 2009, 09:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

The bumper and front hood have been reworked a bit, looks a little sharper now. The headlamps have LEDs incorporated for turn indicators and xenons are standard AFAIK. The new and updated iDrive is now provided on the higher models and is far more intuitive and a joy to use as compared to the old one, atleast I think so. At the rear, the taillamps have been reworked and the look is much more acceptible now. The 3 is very tight for anothing more than 4 adults, infact even an adult might be slightly iffy in the rear. I'm 6' 1" and was quiter disappointed with the rear legroom, infact I was more comfortable sitting in the back of an M3 (coupe) for an hour recently. As long as the car is self-driven it should not be much of a problem.

I have brochures, if I can manage to find the time I'll scan and upload a spec sheet.
Old 16th April 2009, 09:56   #5
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys. But, I know everything about the new 3 series in general. I have been in quite a lot of them here in the US. I just don't know what equipment and wheels are offered in India. Like the style of the rims for the 320d highline, whether bluetooth, voice dial and other features are offered, what kind of stereo is offered and so on. I should have been more clear earlier. sorry

You are right about the space, the back of my M3 feels similar to the 3's rear. hehe. the brochure scans would be great if you can do it. thanks

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by the_stranger : 16th April 2009 at 10:07. Reason: back to back posts
Old 16th April 2009, 14:32   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The new 5 series won't come for another 2 years at least in India. So you are better off getting a 520d or 530d if your budget can increase. The 5 series is definatly worth the extra you over the 3 series price.
The bluetooth and voice dial is now standard on the 5 series, check BMW India for more info.

Last edited by Sahil : 16th April 2009 at 14:33.
Old 16th April 2009, 17:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The new 5 series won't come for another 2 years at least in India. So you are better off getting a 520d or 530d if your budget can increase. The 5 series is definatly worth the extra you over the 3 series price.
The bluetooth and voice dial is now standard on the 5 series, check BMW India for more info.
Are you sure about this? The new 5 series seems pretty close with all the spy shots and everything coming. Check this link out.
Next Gen BMW 5-series spied again! - 2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
There are even leaked photos.
F10 5-series leaked photo!! (new as of 2/17/09) - 2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
Most of the people in those forums are expecting it to be out by 2010. The new 3 was out in India pretty soon after the worldwide launch.
Old 16th April 2009, 20:59   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

The 3 series was a facelift the F10 is a whole new generation.
I just bought my 2nd 5 series last week so don't sweat, it ain't too late. Just go test drive the cars and set your heart on what you like without bothering too much in these factors. Unless you are buying an E class which is due for change in less than a year.
Old 16th April 2009, 21:38   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The 3 series was a facelift the F10 is a whole new generation.
I just bought my 2nd 5 series last week so don't sweat, it ain't too late. Just go test drive the cars and set your heart on what you like without bothering too much in these factors. Unless you are buying an E class which is due for change in less than a year.
I did test drive the cars the last time I was in India. I definitely like the 530d better. The torque is unbelievable. I liked the initial torque better than my M3.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:00   #10
BHPian

The 5 will not come to India before 2011.
Also be sure to drop by BMW India website as they have all the detailed info about all their cars and can be downloaded in .pdf format.
Enjoy
Old 16th April 2009, 22:01   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
They have thrown in a few knick knacks. Besides the revised styling, the new alloys, the simpler i-drive, Telephone bluetooth connectivity as standard, Few interior changes. Besides i believe there are one or two new colors. The engine remains the same, however there are claims that there have been tweaks to the suspension.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2008 version introduced with the bluetooth connectivity? Atleast here in the US, i believe that was the case. Interior color came in the dark brick-red color,and the usual beige/light tan color.
Old 16th April 2009, 22:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the 2008 version introduced with the bluetooth connectivity? Atleast here in the US, i believe that was the case. Interior color came in the dark brick-red color,and the usual beige/light tan color.
3 series in the US always had bluetooth (with the BMW assist option) but that is not the case in India. It is optional and quite expensive too.
Old 18th April 2009, 20:35   #13
BHPian

The new 3 series at least in the highline trim has bluetooth connectivity now as standard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks