Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 14:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

2005 E350 in most likelyhood is an import, reason being the MBIL E350's were launched after the facelift. But yes buying them with additional duty would really make no sense at any cost considering the C will then cross the figure of 20L which is close to what one could get a much newer model for.

On a side note, why are they selling them? Moving onto BMW? Wise choice if thats the case!!
Old 2nd December 2010, 20:06   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Bhatman,

As an owner of the said car, you want my honest advice? RUN. The air-conditioner, compressor, ESP module, front suspension and several other misc parts will keep giving you trouble. Cost of replacement is heart breaking, even if you go to an independent garage. These Mercs are simply too unreliable to deliver a satisfactory ownership experience.
Taking the cue, quickly exited the MB idea. Now, looking at Automatic Corolla Altis through the CSD. Not sure abt the issues with 4-speed auto transmission!! Thats why havent ruled out manual Altis yet!
Old 28th September 2011, 12:21   #18
An1
BHPian

Re: Mercs for sale from German Embassy - Chennai.

I'm about to buy an embassy car in Delhi.. They inform me that a duty of 12% will have to be paid on the value at which the car was bought by the embassy.
The car being a Toyota Camry (2002) model, I guess the duty will come out to be approx. INR 1,40,000.

Any of you know of any trustworthy agents in Delhi who can facilitate with duties & registration?
Will Road Tax also have be paid additionaly?
Thanks.
Old 19th February 2012, 16:32   #19
BHPian

hi. the german embassy in Delhi is selling a 1996 Mercedes G Wagen. the car has a 115k miles on the odo, is white in color & is well kept. the price being asked for it is Rs.23L + transfer costs + OTT (to convert CD plates to normal). ipersonally velieve its way out of whack. Assuming the cost was Rs1Cr when new the car should have a book value of no more than 6-7 Lakhs tops. can someone advise in detail.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks