Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 20:26   #16

Well if in pure economic sense. Sell the baby for around 13 lac as you say..... Add the 15lac odd you place to spend on getting it here. Thats around 30lac. You can get a spanking new car for that!

I guess getting the car here does not make any sense commercially or technically. Unless you are deeply in love with it.
Old 2nd August 2009, 08:22   #17

guess the real situation is, as speedy mentioned, you can't import cars older than 3 years (to my best understanding). that makes your decision quite easy!!!
Old 2nd August 2009, 13:50   #18
BHPian

Leave this car for the conditions ,as it would be home coming for you it would be different for this car altogether , it also does not make sense to drive a old E class
when u can drive a S class or Even a Porsche Cayene of that Vintage

If it was my decesion i would buy a 5 Series Any day , also u have no idea how much you will have to run to get this car released Unless you know th right people
and once the new class comes expect price to be half of what it i will cost you

So where is the sense To get this car ??????
Old 2nd August 2009, 15:24   #19
BHPian

I think in my head I knew the best thing will be to sell the car locally in UK. However, it was hard to accept the customs duty rates that are levied for import of car - even on a TR. I therefore wanted a wider opinion in case some one has had better first hand experience of importing a car and has found that the rules work differently in real life.

However, it appears this is not the case. So I am going to sell my baby here and then decide on a replacement vehicle in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks