Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2009, 18:24   #1
BHPian

Used Mercedes Benz??

We are looking for used mercedes in the market. 90's model preferably W124 and W126. Diesel only. I believe these models should be cheaper to maintain.

Is it advisable to go for models over 2000's? what would be maitenance cost of the vehicles? Have come to hear spares and service are way to costly with bills over 10k for each service and repair.

Opinions & Pointers from experts are highly appreciated.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:05   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try these

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ht-thanks.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...4-5-lakhs.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-e270-cdi.html
Old 13th October 2009, 21:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itszain View Post
We are looking for used mercedes in the market. 90's model preferably W124 and W126. Diesel only. I believe these models should be cheaper to maintain.

Is it advisable to go for models over 2000's? what would be maitenance cost of the vehicles? Have come to hear spares and service are way to costly with bills over 10k for each service and repair.

Opinions & Pointers from experts are highly appreciated.
There are no W126 diesels! The 124's are the best bets for used mercs, but be aware that they are in no way cheap to maintain. there are several threads on the same on the forum.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

there certainly were they were called 300sd & sdl but in LHD many examples are there in india. There was a nice RHD customised to diesel (and RHD) in dubai and shipped to india. She was orignally a 560sel owned by a middle east royal family who passed it on their Indian doc who did the conversion and imported it india. She was mannual and offered to me 4 years ago they were asking 6l I can connect you to them if you want
Old 21st October 2009, 20:12   #5
BHPian

Found a W210

Folks,
I was able to locate a single owner mint condition W210 with lower mileage of around 55K. I believe it should be 98-99 version.
- What should be the ideal price one can pay for such vehicle?
- Is there ownership review for E250 diesel (W210) ?
searched team-bhp but couldn't locate one.
canonball, i think you can help me here
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

itszan what a coincedence I am looking for the same car go to this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ice-check.html

On the links you will get some low down. Is she an automatic?

Some highlights:

Great ride/suspension but you have to be very attentive/carefull as she scraps everywhere. Very low ground clearance so unless you are driving it on very even surface I would not recommend buying her. Easy to maintain parts now cheap but must find knowledgable mechanic as company workshop will kill you.

Prices Rs. 6 to 8 lacs for completely loaded (leather/auto/sun blind etc)

let me know if your not interested I am very keen.

Last edited by canonball : 22nd October 2009 at 17:31.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

If you have owned MB before then go for it otherwise if this is your first MB I would recommend a W124 as she is widely considered to be better bet as a first MB, this one has some minor glitches that can show their ugly face if you are unlucky. Things like wiring harnesses crack in some cars prematurely and can be expensive (30 to 50K) to replace, door/windows need servicing (4K) if not used as a daily driver, rusting BIG problem if not used as a daily driver, and another issue is SRS light which I am odly seeing in many cars which means either meter has been tampered or SRS module gone bust (40 to 70K) or earthing issues rampent in these cars. All this not to discourage you but let you know what you are getting into I know and have owned MB before let me know what you decide

Regarding your request for help on the mysore car we need to chat before I can give you my friends contact details I will PM you my mobile

Last edited by canonball : 22nd October 2009 at 17:57.
Old 25th October 2009, 20:47   #8
BHPian

reg merc

@ Canon ball..

Thanks for the info again. It looks like the W210 i was mentioning was not single owner but already second hand and is in b'lore.Contact was through a broke. My dad's friend saw the vehicle and was mentioning that it was a manual and was not maintained well and high chances of meter tampering Can't believe and dunno how they manage to tamper it mercs ???. owner was quoting 7.5 for the vehicle. He was advising to stay away from the vehicle.

Guess we need to stick onto our hunting of W124 diesel or W126 .I'll get in touch with you on the mysore car.

Moderator's Note: Please do not use SMS language and avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 25th October 2009 at 23:23. Reason: Note Inline
Old 1st November 2009, 00:20   #9

Wow! good to see so much of interest generated in W124. But I guess Bangalore is no good place to get decent 124 series Mercs. Exhausted! I am heading to Mumbai in pursuit of my dream car.Hopefully I would be able to strike a deal before the end of this month. Please help if any of you know any good 250D offered for sale by your friends or dealers in Mumbai/Hyderabad.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

What is your budget?
Old 20th November 2009, 15:44   #11

Preferebly less than 5 Lakhs. I have seen many people buying good 250 D for 4 lakhs but I wont mind paying a little extra for a well maintained car. Are you aware of any Mercs for sale

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks