Team-BHP - Graduating from Accent CRDI to What - Upto 18 Lks
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Graduating from Accent CRDI to What - Upto 18 Lks (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/70030-graduating-accent-crdi-what-upto-18-lks.html)

please: Advice , I'm planning to graduate from Hyundai Accent CRDI to a better car .

Performance , looks-pride , comfort-ability , Maintenance - These are my main area of focus.

MY ACCENT CRDI I already have a Willys Jeep , Innova , Amby so no SUV or MUV or local use vehicle.

in short you want the perfect car. my suggestions would be:
1.Skoda Laura: A.S.S stories are terrifying
2. VW Jetta 1.9 Tdi
3. If you are ok with hyundai give the sonata transform a shot.
4. Extend budget a little buy rhe Accord. You will be :).

BTW which highways do you drive on? Speeds more than 160 kmph are a bit too dangerous IMHO.

Chevy Cruze seems to be a good option as well....

Skoda Superb is ideal for your needs if you can stretch your budget a bit. The TSi engine is quick and fuel efficient. The legroom will stun your mom even if you pull the seat all the way back. Service interval is every 15,000kms so once a year would suffice for you.

They Laura is a good and cheaper option but the legroom would be a problem.
The Accord will guzzle too much fuel and not VFM at all in comparison to the superb at the same price.

Amongst the cheaper options would be Altis and Cruze.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshaymahajan (Post 1596892)
in short you want the perfect car. my suggestions would be:
1.Skoda Laura: A.S.S stories are terrifying
2. VW Jetta 1.9 Tdi
3. If you are ok with hyundai give the sonata transform a shot.
4. Extend budget a little buy rhe Accord. You will be :).

BTW which highways do you drive on? Speeds more than 160 kmph are a bit too dangerous IMHO.

Dear Sir,

Skoda service is very bad in Chennai . Pardon me if I'm wrong . We have only Gurudev motors and they take people for a ride during service.

I can extend the budget to a max to 4 to 5 lks more depending on how much my ACCENT sells.

Sir we drive in Chennai / Bangalore / Coimbatore Highway . The roads are big and we do not travel at night. Its early morning sir . It take 3 hrs 15 min to reach Chennai from Bangalore Electronic city to Chennai Ashok Nagar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1596899)
Skoda Superb is ideal for your needs if you can stretch your budget a bit. The TSi engine is quick and fuel efficient. The legroom will stun your mom even if you pull the seat all the way back. Service interval is every 15,000kms so once a year would suffice for you.

They Laura is a good and cheaper option but the legroom would be a problem.
The Accord will guzzle too much fuel and not VFM at all in comparison to the superb at the same price.

Amongst the cheaper options would be Altis and Cruze.

ALTIS - I had it in Mind but its the same segment or rather does not turn heads. ( I've see this as TAXI abroad ) stupid:

Cruze - Please any owner please PM me .

why not consider the Nissan Teana? Powerful, fast and of course very comfy.

Or Skoda Laura top end

Can you stretch a bit and buy the Superb?

VW Jetta would be my choice. It is a great car to drive and am sure that they are now focusing on building their brand and presence in India, hence, they shall give a lot of more attention towards customer care and after sales service.

Cruze would be my choice...
1) Good Looking
2) Most powerful in its class and above
3) VFM Pricing
4) Relatively better A$$
5) 5 Star safety rating
6) Long list of standard equipment

The Cruze ticks all the boxes expect rear seat comfort. Most of the reviews are unanimous in saying that the rear seat is cramped. The Jetta would be my choice if I were you. It's understated and classy. Go for it if you have a good service center nearby.

The Honda Accord is what you should be looking at. If I am not mistaken then the Base Accord 2.4 should be around 18 Lacs OTR in Chennai.

If not then the next best car is buy a Corrolla Altis top variant.

Forget the Skoda's - they are not going to give you trouble free mantainance as you mentioned - 1 or 2 trips a year to the car service centre.

I would opt for the VW Jetta. Had rear space not been an issue it would have been Cruze all the way. Jetta has decent maint. plan , if not as Varun mentioned Honda Accord( im not to sure about your running , since you had a diesel i presume your running is on higher side).

Sir? I am 20.
Cruze would have the same image as that of the altis and would not be able to satisfy the pride part. And as per the taxi image in at least one part of the world you would find every car as a cab. So not i good idea thinking that way.
Teanna is a bit too over budget right now.
if you can wait a couple of months and save more. maybe you can get the stripped down beemer 320d for 24 lakhs. :D

If you are able to stretch your budget a bit I think the Accord will be a good buy.

OT. Guess you have your Jeep up for sale, recollect seeing it in the classifieds here.

What's your budget.. if it's 4-5 Lac+ Accent residual you have to look at Verna CRDI.. You won't be disappointed at Power but speace yes.

Group 1: Toyota Altis and Honda CIVIC - CRUZE - JETTA - are the same group between 14 to 20 Lks

OR

Group 2: ACCORD - TIENA - PASSAT - Slightly above budget but can manage. Big car and will be good.

What about TOYOTA CAMRY - Any idea .

Group 1 or Group 2 is what i'm confused about. :Frustrati

Group 2 comes mainly with AT transmission , you cannot do wheel spin or drift except the Accord.

No MERC or BMW or AUDI - Had checked out all - base features and too cramped rear.