Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2009, 14:54   #1
BHPian

Buying a Lexus LS400 in India

hi all

I'm new to these forums as well as the indian car scene. I also happen to be looking for a car. My all-time favourites are the w140s-class, w124 e-class (sedan and coupe) as well as the ls400 lexus. I have come across a few cars, but can't seem to find anything except the internet as a means for looking. I am wary of approaching mechanics/dealers, for obvious reasons. Does anyone know where to start looking, for the kind of cars i'm interested in in?
Any help would be appreciated. I think this is the right place to look for advice.
Old 4th December 2009, 15:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

The best place to start looking is with the Brokers and dealers. They would be able to locate a car for you. The other place would be with Mechanics who work on imports, they would also be abe to tell you if any car is for sale (drivers talk you see). The third place is ads in the papers or through friends.
After doing all this you should check out the car yourself and then decide. It is not always that you get robbed or cheated. If you know your stuff then nothing can go wrong.
The w124 or the w140 go to Palika bazaar. They have workshops there and many counsulate cars come there for work. There used to be a Ls400 at the gurdwara petrol pump. Dont know the address but the place has been mentioned on our threads.

Mods could you shift the thread to What car thread. thank you.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:57   #3
BHPian

Thanks speedy.

Palika bazaar is an underground(literally) market, if im not mistaken. So.. workshops?

Does anyone know somewhere reliable where i should start my search. I hate to admit it, but i'm a complete n00b in this field/town.
Old 6th December 2009, 00:22   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

As speedy suggested the best way to find a used Merc or Lexus is with car dealer. A lot of them are listed in classifieds in auto magazines, also please buy a copy of autoxchange magazine it might help you locate the car or maybe dealer.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:07   #5
BHPian

gordon: speedy meant palika bhawan on the ring road. opposite hyaat.
you should also check out the two petrol pumps after moti bagh. they have a number of imports for sale.
Old 7th December 2009, 12:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
gordon: speedy meant palika bhawan on the ring road. opposite hyaat.
you should also check out the two petrol pumps after moti bagh. they have a number of imports for sale.

Yes thats the place opp Hyaat. Sorry for getting the name wrong.
Old 11th December 2009, 21:49   #7
BHPian

I went to lajpat nagar today. Saw a '96 w124 in black. Car was in really good nick. Took a test drive in the area. After this is I went to moti bagh pump and saw a few cars like lexus sc430, mercedes sl500 (DC modified, looked like an SLS at first glance!), toyota markII among others. I am really considering the black 124. May finalise in the next few days.
Old 11th December 2009, 23:35   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
I went to lajpat nagar today. Saw a '96 w124 in black. Car was in really good nick. Took a test drive in the area. After this is I went to moti bagh pump and saw a few cars like lexus sc430, mercedes sl500 (DC modified, looked like an SLS at first glance!), toyota markII among others. I am really considering the black 124. May finalise in the next few days.
If possible please share the details about the W124 you have mentioned. It might help others looking for a similar car.
Was it a 220 or a 250D?
What was the year of manufacture?
Does it have a proper service record?
How much mileage does the odo show?
What is the asking price?

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th December 2009 at 23:39.
Old 11th December 2009, 23:38   #9
BHPian

It was an e220
As mentioned, it's a 96.
Yes.
78000 approx

Are you looking for one?
Old 12th December 2009, 00:01   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
It was an e220
As mentioned, it's a 96.
Yes.
78000 approx

Are you looking for one?
Thanks for sharing, I am not looking for this i was just curious. I love this car, my usage is on higher side otherwise i would have bought one long back.
Old 24th December 2009, 00:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Thanks for sharing, I am not looking for this i was just curious. I love this car, my usage is on higher side otherwise i would have bought one long back.
Do you know much about w124s, because it seemed like the gear-shifts were kind of hard. A bit hard to explain.
Old 24th December 2009, 01:38   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a W124 available on sale in Gurgaon, Its on display at some car dealer on golf course road just opposite DLF I gate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks