Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 19:38   #1

Used accord 08 vs Merc c200 Kompressor

Hi, i am confused between choosing a car as i would love to won both merc and accord. The confusion arises as i am getting a
2008 accord for about 15L with 26k on the odo -single owner
2008 accord for about 14L with 16k on the odo- second owner
2007 merc 200k for about 12L with 9K on the odo- single owner

All cars are in excellent condition. I would love to go for the merc for its status and driving pleasure. the accord for its looks and its been my dream car for a while now.

Please give me your suggestions in terms of driving pleasure and scope for modifying as i am a 19 yr old and i will also be keeping the car for more than 2 years.

Thanks.
Old 19th January 2010, 10:46   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-18 View Post
Either your post has a typo, the seller is an idiot or there is something very wrong with the car. An '07 C200K with 9,000 kms will fetch 18 lakhs at the very least in the used market. Plus, Bangalore cars are typically priced higher (new and used).

Please verify the car details once again and update this thread. And if the details are indeed accurate, get the car checked from an authorised Merc station (worth every penny of the 5,000 bucks they charge). Given a clean chit, pick it up with your eyes shut. You could even resell for a profit next year.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2010 at 10:55.
Old 19th January 2010, 11:19   #3
BHPian

I second GTO's advice.
The Merc seems to good to be true, if the odo indeed shows just 9k for model year 2007 and at 12l

I would simply jump in.

Additionally, what I would also like to know is what you want to do with the car: is it for drives by you with maybe just one or two passengers? Then the Merc is the car. On the other hand, if you intend to have more passengers or older passengers who like to be seated in comfort at the rear ( good leg room, shoulder room etc.), then the Accords will be much much better.

Please take the cars shortlisted by you to authorised dealers for a thorough mechanical ( engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, any rust) and electrical checks. Do proper test drives over the roads that you normally would drive. Demand a full service history (fsh) and check closely for omissions.

Then decide. Let your head and heart decide.
Happy driving
Old 19th January 2010, 11:46   #4
Team-BHP Support

In addition to what has been said

Accord - plenty of bolt on mods availalble in Malaysia and US
Merc - 200k - not much of an engine to modify beyong a remap - also difficult to corret if something goes wrong or the "dark side' comes out!
Old 19th January 2010, 12:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ka-18 View Post
2008 accord for about 15L with 26k on the odo -single owner
2008 accord for about 14L with 16k on the odo- second owner

between the two accords its a no brainer unless the 14L one is not as well maintained as the 15L one. But one wonders why the car has been passed on twice with just 16k on the odo. The merc looks highly suspicious. A 200k for 12 Lacs that too with 9k on the odo?? It should easily be close to 20L unless this vehicle has a dubious history.
Old 19th January 2010, 12:36   #6
BHPian

My Vote goes to Merc only if as GTO suggested Merc service center agrees that the car is ok to buy after spending 5K
Old 19th January 2010, 14:04   #7
Team-BHP Support

coming from someone who is of a similar age, forget the merc buddy. firstly it looks too good to be true, something must be amiss. secondly the maintenance will cost a bomb and it wont be as reliable as the accord. if you do buy the merc buy it only for the badge since the accord is better in every other aspect.
Old 19th January 2010, 14:12   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I beg to differ about everyone's suspicions about the merc. A friend's compressor sold last year for 12L as well with 10,000 on the odo. Ever since the new C is launched, the price of the old has crashed.
Old 19th January 2010, 14:38   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Either your post has a typo, the seller is an idiot or there is something very wrong with the car. An '07 C200K with 9,000 kms will fetch 18 lakhs at the very least in the used market. Plus, Bangalore cars are typically priced higher (new and used)
No, it is not a typo. It is a seized vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
I second GTO's advice.
The Merc seems to good to be true, if the odo indeed shows just 9k for model year 2007 and at 12l

I would simply jump in.

Additionally, what I would also like to know is what you want to do with the car: is it for drives by you with maybe just one or two passengers? Then the Merc is the car. On the other hand, if you intend to have more passengers or older passengers who like to be seated in comfort at the rear ( good leg room, shoulder room etc.), then the Accords will be much much better.
The car is going to be my personal car and will be driven by me the entire time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
between the two accords its a no brainer unless the 14L one is not as well maintained as the 15L one. But one wonders why the car has been passed on twice with just 16k on the odo. The merc looks highly suspicious. A 200k for 12 Lacs that too with 9k on the odo?? It should easily be close to 20L unless this vehicle has a dubious history.
The 14L car is the well maintained car. It is in showroom condition, it has been transferred twice as the car was bought from the owners nephew. The 15L accord is not as good as the 14L and also needs a tyre change and insurance in the next 4- 5 months.
Old 19th January 2010, 16:53   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

@KA-18, If it is siezed - Why was it siezed ? And does the bank have the car now ?any chance of getting the original papers ?

If you are not taking the Merc, let me know : a relative is looking for a car, 12L max.
Old 19th January 2010, 17:12   #11

yes the bank has the papers. I will let you know about the papers as i have not checked if they have the originals. I am deciding on the car by this friday or saturday, so if i dont go for it i will let you know.
Old 19th January 2010, 19:24   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

If the bank is offering you a duplicate RC book, then explore the option of negotiating with the defaulter to get the original RC book. You could offer him some money .. may be worth the effort in the long run. 12L is too good a price.
Old 24th May 2010, 08:31   #13
BHPian

Ka-18 Did you finally buy the merc or went for the V^, how has your experience been so far?
Please update.
Old 26th May 2010, 21:50   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post
Ka-18 Did you finally buy the merc or went for the V^, how has your experience been so far?
Please update.
Hi, sorry about the MerCedes. It was a older model.. So have decided on going for a new accord.. Should be getting it in a weeks time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks