Team-BHP - Looking for a sports car (limit: ~1cr on road)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Looking for a sports car (limit: ~1cr on road) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/85257-looking-sports-car-limit-1cr-road-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7447 (Post 1975538)
I welcome feedback on my query

BMW 330d Coupe, Aston Martin Vantage V8 ( if you can stretch it a bit - it's about 1.25 ), Maserati GranTurismo 4.2 (its about 1.20), Maserati Quattroporte FL 4.2 (also around 1.20), M3, EVO-X, Jaguar XK, Audi R8, RS 5 (service isn't so bad)

If all this doesn't get you, import a Skyline GT-R.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saarth (Post 2933543)
This is exactly what I was thinking. Plus depending on the lead time I might look at just custom ordering one in a different colour. And its way more exclusive. I can't think of paying that much for a Cayenne Diesel V6. I guess I'll only wait till JLR gets some info on what they are going to price the new Range Rover Vogue at, and then pull the trigger. If the Vogue comes in at around the same price bracket, then its a whole new dilemma. Lol.

JLR I guess will take till a few months to start selling the new Vogue here. But you already own a Vogue, why another? You didn't get a sports car, but now you can have a feel of a sportscar in an SUV, which is what the Cayenne gives you.

Also the current Vogue now comes to about 1.4 I'm told, so the new one will be a bit more expensive I'm sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2933761)
JLR I guess will take till a few months to start selling the new Vogue here. But you already own a Vogue, why another? You didn't get a sports car, but now you can have a feel of a sportscar in an SUV, which is what the Cayenne gives you.

Also the current Vogue now comes to about 1.4 I'm told, so the new one will be a bit more expensive I'm sure.

The current Vogue is about 1.45, If I get the new one, I'll replace the existing Vogue with a sportscar. Also the BMW 320i is on its way out of the fleet along with the Altis. With the 730d coming, there's finally enough wiggle room to either get a Cayenne/Vogue and replace the existing Vogue with a sportscar, and still keep all the parties (red: family) happy. The sportscar will come sooner or later stupid:

Saarth, you probably should consider the Torque Club membership. Since the sports car would not be the daily drive, you can book them as per your availability and of course the car's too. It might require some pre-planning but would be worth the moolah.

Since you crave to own/drive a sports car, the membership will give you access to a wide variety of cars for you to feel and understand the persona of each car. They also mention some sort of internal events and track days which will widen your scope.

Having put many kms behind you from your membership, you would be in a very smart position to actually buy your best fit choice.

And if you decide not to buy, you can continue to enjoy the membership. The cars you are looking at easily depreciate 25-35 lakhs in a year and 40-50 in 2 years by which time most supercar owners develop the need/urge to upgrade or change.

Considering the above, if the car is not a daily drive and you would ideally manage to drive it very occasionally, its financially healthier to rent (membership route) as well as peace of ownership wise.