Team-BHP - [BMW 320d Dynamic] Adding rear view camera
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   [BMW 320d Dynamic] Adding rear view camera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/116921-bmw-320d-dynamic-adding-rear-view-camera.html)

Hi,

Is it possible to add a rear view camera on the BMW 320d Dynamic edition (2011)? Currently, there is a graphical display but I would really like a live camera view. Is it available as an addon accessory? If so, where can I get it and what does it approximately cost?

Thanks!
San

Here you go -
CIC Rear View Camera Emulator + Navigation, Voice and VIM Activation Module PNP

But you will need to buy a cable and do some coding too. This comes to about $500 if you buy the coding cable too (which you need) and will be way cheaper than what a BMW dealer will quote you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2702835)
Here you go -
CIC Rear View Camera Emulator + Navigation, Voice and VIM Activation Module PNP

But you will need to buy a cable and do some coding too. This comes to about $500 if you buy the coding cable too (which you need) and will be way cheaper than what a BMW dealer will quote you.

That's an interesting link & website! However, isn't there any factory provided accessory? Something I could go straight to the dealer and have a rear view camera attached? Also, how do i know what series the 320d dynamic edition 2011 bimmer is?

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamtheater39 (Post 2703023)
That's an interesting link & website! However, isn't there any factory provided accessory? Something I could go straight to the dealer and have a rear view camera attached? Also, how do i know what series the 320d dynamic edition 2011 bimmer is?

Thanks!

What do you mean what series? There was an official BMW accessory but it was never an option in India. This will work out cheaper. This is as good as a factory accessory besides the dynamic guiding lines on screen, these will be static.

See if its possible to retrofit from BMW, I know that a kit is available for the 5.

Keep in mind its not an easy job if you go aftermarket, you'll need a skilled mechanic for the install.

On bimmerretrofit.com it says -

"Solution will work with E8x and E9x Series BMWs only and where CIC is factory installed or retrofitted"

What's E8x/E9x? Is that some sort of a series? If that's the case - then what's the 320d in their terminology?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamtheater39 (Post 2704653)
On bimmerretrofit.com it says -

"Solution will work with E8x and E9x Series BMWs only and where CIC is factory installed or retrofitted"

What's E8x/E9x? Is that some sort of a series? If that's the case - then what's the 320d in their terminology?

E90 is the 3 series sedan. E91 is the wagon, 92 is the coupe and 93 the convertible.

CIC is the version on iDrive which our cars have.