Team-BHP - Blower Type Superchargers in India - Help ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Blower Type Superchargers in India - Help ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/120130-blower-type-superchargers-india-help.html)

hey guys

Where can you get blower type supercharger in india.
I have a 76 buick century special with a V6 - 260 ci. I have been seriously contemplating putting a supercharger for 2 thingsI understand that there are a lot of other ways to improve performance but like i said i think something like this will look menacing on the car

I have been checking it out on the internet, there are a lot of american manufacturers who offer international shipping, but i am a little wary of importing it myself. I'd be a lot more comfortable with buying it from india

You could ask an IMPEX (Import/ Export) company to get it for you. Normally companies which import parts for rare & vintage cars could set you up.

Also, while an unshrouded throttle blade looks tough, but, a small stone which gets sucked in will cost you the blower as well as the engine!

thanks, i was just wary of importing it or getting it imported, would have been good if i could get it from india, you know with the warranties, guarantees and all

Guess i will have to import though, havent heard of any manufacturers / assemblers here in india

I'd still insist that you import it yourself. Delivery is as simple as the courier guy coming to your doorstep, and collecting any relevant customs duties.

IMHO, you should be more concerned about the installation in India (unless a DIY is planned). Get in touch with Racetech. They are fully capable of installation (and import, if you prefer).

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdalvi (Post 2767772)
hey guys

I have a 76 buick century special with a V6 - 260 ci. I have been seriously contemplating putting a supercharger for 2 things
  • to be brutally honest, for the way it will look on the car,
  • for better performance

Hi,
Eaton manufactured Roots blower (Superchargers) are used for fuel cells in Automotive application, and might suit to your requirement too.
Superchargers
You may check for a distributor closest to your place.
I would recommend you to have a word with those guys before importing one.
-Ilango

thanks guys, will definitely get in touch with eaton india as well as racetech. fortunately eaton does have a distributor in gujarat, unlike most times :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1self (Post 2768855)

Also, while an unshrouded throttle blade looks tough, but, a small stone which gets sucked in will cost you the blower as well as the engine!

i had actually not thought about that, thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdalvi (Post 2767772)
hey guys

I have a 76 buick century special with a V6 - 260 ci. I have been seriously contemplating putting a supercharger for 2 things
  • to be brutally honest, for the way it will look on the car,
  • for better performance
I understand that there are a lot of other ways to improve performance but like i said i think something like this will look menacing on the car

I have been checking it out on the internet, there are a lot of american manufacturers who offer international shipping, but i am a little wary of importing it myself. I'd be a lot more comfortable with buying it from india

We have done a few supercharger projects and are also doing a couple right now.

Most of the superchargers you get in the market are not the big ones like the one shown in your picture. The one in the picture is typically used on hotrods and dragsters and will not be suitable for road use - especially since they do not use air filters.

With a 260 cu in engine and 5 psi of boost, you are looking at around 320 bhp.

For high powers, the internals of the engine will have to be strengthened.

A supercharged vehicle is a completely different animal from the turbocharged one - the delivery of power is super smooth and linear and would prbably be the primary reason you should be looking at a supercharger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapl (Post 2773257)
We have done a few supercharger projects and are also doing a couple right now.

Most of the superchargers you get in the market are not the big ones like the one shown in your picture. The one in the picture is typically used on hotrods and dragsters and will not be suitable for road use - especially since they do not use air filters.

With a 260 cu in engine and 5 psi of boost, you are looking at around 320 bhp.

For high powers, the internals of the engine will have to be strengthened.

A supercharged vehicle is a completely different animal from the turbocharged one - the delivery of power is super smooth and linear and would prbably be the primary reason you should be looking at a supercharger.

hi sapl

thanks for the info

i am looking for the typical bigger supercharger principally because it will look quite something on the ride. I wonder if you do supercharger projects professionally, if yes, i would be grateful if you help me here. Is there any way we can combine the air filter with the blower as shown in the picture.
I understand that good forged pistons will have to be used with a higher cfm carb ??

Mr. Dalvi, I do not think Eaton manufactures the kind of roots superchargers you are aiming for. Eaton manufactures the Helical type of supercharger as shown in the pic below.

yes, i went through eaton products, they do manufacture and market the helical superchargers like you said.
It will serve the purpose, but like i said i would have loved to have the bigger one but i understand it is not a very practical thing to do.

I wonder is i should go for an exposed air cleaner using a hood cut out,

snorkel air intake is also an option but IMHO it looks better on a SUV/ truck ; will look funny on my coupe

The basic idea is to improve the way she looks as well as improve performance

I have nothing to add to this discussion but I have a question, are all the cars mentioned in your signature based in India? Can we see more pics of your buick as well as other cars? In case these are already documented somewhere on the forum, please guide me there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDHAV (Post 2774211)
I have nothing to add to this discussion but I have a question, are all the cars mentioned in your signature based in India? Can we see more pics of your buick as well as other cars? In case these are already documented somewhere on the forum, please guide me there.

yes my friend, all the cars are here in india, in ahmedabad to be more precise, sadly havent posted pics anywhere

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmdalvi (Post 2773977)
hi sapl

thanks for the info

i am looking for the typical bigger supercharger principally because it will look quite something on the ride. I wonder if you do supercharger projects professionally, if yes, i would be grateful if you help me here. Is there any way we can combine the air filter with the blower as shown in the picture.
I understand that good forged pistons will have to be used with a higher cfm carb ??

Hi cmdalvi

Yes, we do this on a professional basis. You could send a pm and we could take it from there.

FYI, the type of supercharger you see in the picture is never used with an air filter, but a lookalike can be done with an air filter added.

Upto a point,. you could use the existing carb with a bigger jet, beyond which you will have to change the carb.

We would prefer to make the engine fuel injected to make it more precisely controlled than carbs.

thanks sapl, will send you a pm right away with the details. I dont like the idea of going for fuel injection though, original V6s are very hard to find and wouldnt think of messing with the originality of the car or motor.