Team-BHP - The 'Wiper Blade' Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   The 'Wiper Blade' Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/14555-wiper-blade-thread-112.html)

Changed my Ertiga's wipers to Syndicate ones. Was using myTvs for around 19 months. Performance was pretty good with those. No judders or streaks. But they just fell apart in the last month. Couldn't find these locally and needed to travel the next day. So bought Syndicates.

Hi Team,
Need help changing wiper blades for Volkswagen Virtus (OEM ones gave up within 6 months!) Noone in service center could guide on the size, so took a tape myself - seems like 24 + 18 would fit well (OEM one is a tad bigger than 24 though, but 26 won't fit for sure)
Not sure of Bosch ones with recent poor reviews, please guide on brands as well.
Please also guide if adapter is something I should worry about.
Links would be great!
Thanks team-bhp!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autokett (Post 5721049)
Hi Team,
Need help changing wiper blades for Volkswagen Virtus (OEM ones gave up within 6 months!) Noone in service center could guide on the size, so took a tape myself - seems like 24 + 18 would fit well (OEM one is a tad bigger than 24 though, but 26 won't fit for sure)
Not sure of Bosch ones with recent poor reviews, please guide on brands as well.
Please also guide if adapter is something I should worry about.
Links would be great!
Thanks team-bhp!

After having a sour experience with Bosch clear advantage on my polo (juddering within a month), I installed Schaeffler frameless ones, they have a thin metal bar running along the blade which is hidden unlike Bosch ones which are just plastics. So far so good.

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by AjinkyaP (Post 5661325)
Thank You for the recommendation.
Bought Schaeffler frameless pair of 24” and 18” to replace stock framed ones of my 2021 Hyundai Venue Sx Plus DCT. Will share the feedback once I get a chance to test it during upcoming road trip.

Where did you get these? And how's the experience so far?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gt3t0uring (Post 5721068)
After having a sour experience with Bosch clear advantage on my polo (juddering within a month)

From what I have noticed, my Verna's 24" judders a lot but cleans pretty good, also its been like 6 months after which I noticed juddering. Planning to get Hella Cleantech or Bosch Aerotwin for my fortuner, any suggestions guys?

Hello everyone !

I am at Delhi and utilise a 2013 Hyundai i20 as my beater car.The wipers on the car are not moving and service centre quoted Rs 16k+ Taxes for replacement of complete Wiper Motor assembly.

Can these be repaired ,any lead would be highly appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha (Post 5748348)
Hello everyone !

I am at Delhi and utilise a 2013 Hyundai i20 as my beater car.The wipers on the car are not moving and service centre quoted Rs 16k+ Taxes for replacement of complete Wiper Motor assembly.

Tough to diagnose it without any material facts. This could be anything from a simple fuse issue to a bad wiper motor. I would though say that a complete failure of wiper motor is least probable. It could be a fuse issue, rat chewing wires, wire coming off from sone contact, bad wiper stalk etc.

My recommendation would be to get it checked by any FNG or electrician who can check if current is flowing till the inputs of the wiper motor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha (Post 5748348)

I got my i20 wiper motor replaced for Rs. 2k back in 2021. My local repair guy took the original motor and installed a refurbished one. It's been 3+ years since the replacement and my wipers are working fine. So you can definitely try that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB16 (Post 5748405)
I got my i20 wiper motor replaced for Rs. 2k back in 2021. My local repair guy took the original motor and installed a refurbished one. It's been 3+ years since the replacement and my wipers are working fine. So you can definitely try that.

Highly appreciate if you can check your DM and send me the mechanic details.
Local Electrician couldn’t identify the fault yet.