Team-BHP - Suggestion needed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Suggestion needed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/15310-suggestion-needed.html)

Hi Guys,

After going through the entire forum I decided to go for some small performance upgrades.

I have Maruthi Alto LXi 2003 model. I was so impressed with the threads here that I decided to go for K&N performance filter, complete exuast kit including header and chamber etc. Went through some threads and found some place to get these items in Bangalore and also did PM few BHPians regarding this.

Well the issue is that I am planning to get this done by next wednesday and I have been quoted 13 K for all this including fitting. I would like to know if this is a good price for this. The complete exuast system is from automech. This is what the dealer told me.

Now you suggestions and comments please.

13k including headers + freeflow + k&n extreme?

get iridium plugs + HT wires too.

[quote=

get iridium plugs + HT wires too.[/quote]

How much would tat cost?

Nice thing you doing to your ALTO!
Many people say you should only modify a big car. I dont think so.
Go on with the mods and do post your experiences later.

Yeah, go ahead and do it. This will inspire me to do the same shortly.:Cheering: How much was the quote for the mods individually? if you can afford it, why do you get alloys to gift character to your car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ironmarine
How much would tat cost?

Hey,

Approx 7k onwards for any good brand.

Viper

Hey Iron man!
Please post where you're getting this done. Of course, in Bangalore where?

Gurus,
Will these mods make a big change in the .8ltr engine the ALTO has? And is it advisable for this cutie!!
What about the brakes? I always felt it was'nt much enough for the car. So after these mods wont it become more feeble? Would you recommend to change the brake discs, callipers etc..???

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak
Hey Iron man!
Please post where you're getting this done. Of course, in Bangalore where?

Gurus,
Will these mods make a big change in the .8ltr engine the ALTO has? And is it advisable for this cutie!!
What about the brakes? I always felt it was'nt much enough for the car. So after these mods wont it become more feeble? Would you recommend to change the brake discs, callipers etc..???

Hi,

Am no Guru but can definitely say go ahead and carry out these mods. It will make a noticeable difference. No need to upgrade the brakes for regular driving unless you plan on going rallying. Better rubber is recommended.

Viper

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the encouragement.

{Ajo}
I have already have the alloys fitted around 1 year back. Again that was an amazing experience for me. I had a small accident while trying to avoid a sumo ,one night while I was on my way to the office .when I got the car repaired I on my way to house I was passing through JC road and saw so many shops with alloys and wanted to know how much it would cost me and when I went there I could not resist and fixed the aloys and tubeless tyres. One thing I really noticed is that after the alloys and the tubeless tyres were fixed I got some real road grip. WOW!

{speedzak}

Hey thanks for the advice yaar. Well I went to almost all the shops that was mentioned in the TeamBHP and finally true to everyone experince I found that Prodrive in Shivajinagar was feasible. He has quoted me 13 K for filter and complete exuast system. Right now he does not have the stock so am waiting for that. He said that he will get it by wednesday.

Hey guys
I had one more question and I am not sure why this is happening. I have a good Pioneer DVD player and JBL amp and 2 large speakers on a plank in the back and 2 small speaker on the dashboard and a big subwoofer. all the speakers and the sub woofer is Sony explode. After getting this fitted in around 6 months I had a problem with the hatch door. That is incase I increase the volume the hatch door used to jarr. I went to the mechanic and got that fixed.
Recently I was teaching my GF to drive and while negotiating a turn she hit a standing auto and the front bumper came out. went and got that fixed and this time I got it painted as well to the body color. Comming to the issue after that I have noticed that there is no jarring any where in the vechile but near the front bonnet. and more over incase the AC is ON then it starts vibrating and I get a doubt that may be the engine is loose. lol. checked everything to see if there is screw loose or something but nothing. everything seems to be fine. not sure wat to do. any suggestions.???

Hey dude these sound like great mods for the alto always found that car cute!the vibrations dont mind me saying are very common in marutis but get it checked anyway and keep us posted on how the mods go!have fun!!!

Hi Guys,

I have just fixed the K&N Filter and its great sound to listen to.

The things that I have noticed is you feel there is a little more power in the 2nd and the 3rd grear and awesome roar as well.

As far as the other mods that I had planned it did not work out. I wanted automech exuasts and contacted pro drive and the guy first said he will get the stock in 2 days and after 4 days he said that he has not got the stuff and if I need I would have to make an advance payment.

Checked with all other delears like ozone and he told that it will take another 1 week as it is custom made.

After going through few articles here I found that this can be done a a person by name Raj indrani near TV tower. So tried find him and he is out to USA now. Dont know when is he gonna be back. Waiting for him to come back.

nice mods Ironmarine,
sad to hear that u couldnt get the exhausts,
i have a zen,
even i was thinking of modding it,
post your experiences ,
ill try to the mods done by october.

Hi guys,
very inspiring. in fact I was toying around with the idea of modding my Alto (new shape)Bright red. only cosmetics this time. engine modds next time. (cash crunch!!!). only modd done is coloured bumpers and ORVMs L/R, gear knob and Hella horns (well i know these can't be termed as modds at all).

i cut short the stalk by 2" and fixed a swift lookalike knob. the reduced height of stalk looks good but the shift has become a bit tight since reduced height reduced the 'leverage'!!!!.....

some issues i need help from u BHpians...

a flat bottom steering wheel red/black (Momo and Sparcos are costly. so looking for cheap taiwanese ones.. where can i get these in India???) any one done this earlier?

then the steering wheel hub... are these available in India??

silver paint for dash board consoles,

tacho.. (is it possible?)

155 x 65 x R13 Appollo accelere tubeless. again problem with wheel rims... 5.5 or 5J? also appollo, aura and neo wheels were not to my liking.. and no trust in taiwan imports..

body kits (skirts, valence bumper and spoiler)

orange under body lights. of course not the neon tubes but im looking for LED light strips (heard that these don't burst and is rather more flexible).
but availability in India????

fog lamps.. Hella compact FF200 with H3 bulbs,

Infinity Basslink II with 4SC expansion module (checking on whether i can keep this under the dash 'cause i dont want it to occupy the meagre cargo space). I already have a Pioneer 5750 w/ 4way 6x9" (on panel) + 4" 2 ways.

any insight on where i can find these either in B'lore / Coimbatore / Cochin?? I've no clue about the cost also...

please:

Irionmarine, Congrts on your K&N filter man, Well as far as your headers are concerned, You dont need to see raj personaly to do it, You can meet shabir who will do the work for you.. Will not take more than half a day to fix the entire thing, if you want, I can give you his number.. Again you can tell him what sort of sound you want and he will customise it according to your taste.

Viper Dude, Will iridium plugs make a big difference? Cnsidering the fact that the engine cc is only 800???

Go for a mellow sound in the begining as your sound will change after sometime. Mine has become really loud now. Planning to go and get the steel - wool changed to mellow down the sound

Steveluv, I got my steering from JC road for 2000 Rs including Hub and instalation. Popular hub in demand is Bosch.

Really hard to find a Tach for 3 cylinders, Dont go for the cheapo Type-r chinese/taiwanese. Autometer or autoguage. Check if it if for 3 cyls..

Stick with a 5j rim... 165/60/13 is what I have in my car. G3's pretty good.