Team-BHP - Looking for Rear Defogger for Esteem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Looking for Rear Defogger for Esteem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/1773-looking-rear-defogger-esteem.html)

Can some one tell me if a rear defogger can be fitted in an esteem or for that matter in any car and if yes what sort of expense are we talking about? Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, there are no kits made available by Maruti themselves for the Esteem. But I am pretty certain that you will be able to source yourself one from any reputed auto part dealer in Bombay, as its a very simple upgrade.

If it helps, try calling autoking on 24462805. Hes pretty good with car accessories.

GTO

Thanks for the info. Since i am in delhi i would try to contact some good dealer here.

kk

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kar krazy (Post 18963)
Can some one tell me if a rear defogger can be fitted in an esteem or for that matter in any car and if yes what sort of expense are we talking about? Thanks in advance.

I would say Check out with a maruti dealer or M.A.S.S.

I need a defogger unit as well for the Swift. My VDI glass broke and I got a ZXI glass fitted with a defogger element on it. Maruti says 8k for defogger unit. This is minus the cost of the heat element. I Checked all shops in Milan subway, no avail. They say only Maruti can help. So I am in the same boat as you are. haven't checked AutoKing though the shop GTO suggested

I guess MASS is your best bet. Unless,these kits are available in the market which would require professional installation.

Frost Fighter Automotive Defroster Repair Kit - Products

It has some information on defoggers.

as an alternative,you also get these aftermarket stick on defoggers which are just stuck to the rear windshield(from the inside).the difference is that like in the case of oe defoggers,they are not in betwwen the glass(between the 2 layers of the rear glass panels) and are on the inside.so fitting sunfilm is an issue.i have a friend who has been using it for the past 2 years and hasnt faced any problem as yet.though,the best part is that they cost just 600 bucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 503178)
as an alternative,you also get these aftermarket stick on defoggers which are just stuck to the rear windshield(from the inside).the difference is that like in the case of oe defoggers,they are not in betwwen the glass(between the 2 layers of the rear glass panels) and are on the inside.so fitting sunfilm is an issue.i have a friend who has been using it for the past 2 years and hasnt faced any problem as yet.though,the best part is that they cost just 600 bucks.

Thats great news.:Cheering: that will bring my cost down from 8000 to 600. I already have a glass with the filaments in it. You think this aftermarket product could be hooked on to this ? Is there brand or make I should ask for ?

they come with their own filament and wiring kit. really dont know what you call them in the market, i guess "cheapest stick on defogger" should work.
just like to remind you that do not get a sunfilm put on the rear windshield as the defogger wouldnt work then.
and like the oe defogger they are not inside the window,but on the surface of the window.

Does anybody know whether such stick-on type defoggers are available in Bangalore? I tried inquiring at a few auto shops as well as 2 MASS guys, but no luck.

Please give contact details and expected price if you know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 503178)

Using it in my matiz for 6 months. works pretty good. cost me 800 bucks.

Bang! No inputs on availability of stick-on defoggers in Bangalore?