Team-BHP - Getting engines... for a car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Getting engines... for a car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/18119-getting-engines-car.html)

Hi,
I have read so many times our bhpians suggesting engines for lancer and on...
however i would like to know were we can can find such engines (good ones) from trusted people and regarding the legal hassles ... any guys can put in the information....in this regard

Note from the Admin : Post deleted. SMS / SLang are not a permitted form of language on this board. Please type in full and proper english for the benefit of all readers

Hey ragster! That's nice to know. Do you sell these engines?
It'd be better if you can give an introduction of yourself in the INTRODUCTION thread.

i'm also interested in the same..baleno eng in zen, esteem engine.....but where is it sourced from?

in mumbai there are two places chorbazar and kurla... but dont know how reliable the eng. are and no idea about leagl thingy. experts can help you this.

PM Viper - he should be able to help you.

Can anybody here tell me if a DICOR engine be installed in a 1998 4x4 Safari that has a TCIC engine? And what other mods needs to be done with respect to wiring etc.? The legal angle will be handled separately..please:

By 2007 I have to get a new car, either a 7 lakh car or a 2nd hand lancer sfxi and install mivec engine in tht... any idea in chennai who does this work ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418
Can anybody here tell me if a DICOR engine be installed in a 1998 4x4 Safari that has a TCIC engine? And what other mods needs to be done with respect to wiring etc.? The legal angle will be handled separately..please:

The whole gearbox assembly has to be moved back almost 6 inches. The battery has to be relocated and the tosion bar has to be upgraded. Radiator has to be changed, position of intercooler will change and new beds have to fabricated and welded on to the frame.
Can be done at a really good workshop, by someone who has commonsense. Would be easier to buy a 2nd hand Dicor or fit a Pajero 2.8 engine into the bay. i went through this whole thought process before I decided to just buy a DICOR.:)

Thanks mate. You really mean to say that a Pajero 2.8 powerplant can be just lowered into the engine bay of a safari and mated with the existing gearbox without any major job?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyobeb
The whole gearbox assembly has to be moved back almost 6 inches. The battery has to be relocated and the tosion bar has to be upgraded. Radiator has to be changed, position of intercooler will change and new beds have to fabricated and welded on to the frame.
Can be done at a really good workshop, by someone who has commonsense. Would be easier to buy a 2nd hand Dicor or fit a Pajero 2.8 engine into the bay. i went through this whole thought process before I decided to just buy a DICOR.:)

Oh no! The Pajero engine would be as much work but would be a whole lot more driveable!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fb1
By 2007 I have to get a new car, either a 7 lakh car or a 2nd hand lancer sfxi and install mivec engine in tht... any idea in chennai who does this work ?

fb1,

Sideways got the Mivec engine in his lancer.
PM Nitrous Or Sideways for more details.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

whats the source and cost of a good baleno or esteem(mpfi) engine? preferably bangalore!